Fed up of dumb Pokemon RPGs?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    sorry bro but no, lol
    pixelmon would be the last thing id play if i were looking for a pokemon mmo. it doesnt even have any attack animations(unlike pokemmo), how is that 'everything the hand-held games have'. + i too think it looks terrible compared to the pixelart used in the handheld games

also pokemon generations might look good but its like what, 1% finished? id like them to make it into a solid game but until then im not gonna be too excited. there has been enough dropped projects in the past.
    As you can see by the video I linked, they now have an animation team working to add animations to the game. I'm sure battle animations (of which there are some, tho not many) will be right around the corner. Heck, they're event implementing a fully animated and particle/light-effect Pokeball.

Imagine this with a bit more tweaking + the lighting and particle effects. To re-iterate, the final product will have the red beam + other particle and lighting effects, but this animation demonstration doesn't have them included.

Other than that, here's a quick list of features that are in/will soon be in.
    Craftable Pokeballs (of different varieties), including the growing and use of apricots.
    Pokemon based on biomes in the game
    Flying Pokemon, which you can ride (tho most server turn this off, I think? Mostly because a lot of them make use of jump puzzles and being able to fly your Pokemon up to the finish point is kinda eh).
    Regular battle system + Double battle + other battle types being added soon
    Custom naming of Pokemon
    You can send out your Pokemon to walk with you
    Trading console/device
    Pokemon PC Storage
    NPC trainers
    Gyms/Elite Fours/Whatnot
    Various other items from the Pokemon games (including the running shoes I mentioned)
    Often times 100+ people playing on the same server and in the same region as you
    +Dozens of other "sandbox" features, that the normal games don't/can't have. Such as housing.

Edit: Also, in case this is confusing, I'm NOT trying to convince any of you to play the game. So no reason to go out of your way to assure me you still wouldn't play it. You've got nothing to prove here.
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 06-12-2014 at 01:23 PM.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 602

Quote Originally Posted by OTN View Post
    I've always wondered. POKEMMO pretty much builds a mmo network infrastructure over the official Nintendo rom games with JAVA. Is that even legal?

I mean, not hating, I play it and it's awesome. But I wonder if it would be possible to do the same thing, but let's say for zelda's n64 rom? Now that would be amazing and I wonder if it's possible?
    nope, its definitely not legal lol. even the mmo's that dont use the official roms can be shut down by nintendo. i think some of them in the past have been shut down actually but not 100% sure. no idea why pokemmo is still alive but i like it :P maybe nintendo is watching them closely, learning from them how to make a good mmo before they shut it down and use the ideas theirself xD

Currently Playing: Dragons Dogma

>Screenshot Collection 2013-2014<

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 18

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    As you can see by the video I linked, they now have an animation team working to add animations to the game. I'm sure battle animations (of which there are some, tho not many) will be right around the corner. Heck, they're event implementing a fully animated and particle/light-effect Pokeball.

Imagine this with a bit more tweaking + the lighting and particle effects. To re-iterate, the final product will have the red beam + other particle and lighting effects, but this animation demonstration doesn't have them included.

Other than that, here's a quick list of features that are in/will soon be in.
    Craftable Pokeballs (of different varieties), including the growing and use of apricots.
    Pokemon based on biomes in the game
    Flying Pokemon, which you can ride (tho most server turn this off, I think? Mostly because a lot of them make use of jump puzzles and being able to fly your Pokemon up to the finish point is kinda eh).
    Regular battle system + Double battle + other battle types being added soon
    Custom naming of Pokemon
    You can send out your Pokemon to walk with you
    Trading console/device
    Pokemon PC Storage
    NPC trainers
    Gyms/Elite Fours/Whatnot
    Various other items from the Pokemon games (including the running shoes I mentioned)
    Often times 100+ people playing on the same server and in the same region as you
    +Dozens of other "sandbox" features, that the normal games don't/can't have. Such as housing.

Edit: Also, in case this is confusing, I'm NOT trying to convince any of you to play the game. So no reason to go out of your way to assure me you still wouldn't play it. You've got nothing to prove here.
    I would like to try it but dont own a minecraft copy. and dont wanna use 30 bucks for a game i dont really like.

do you know if it would work with the demo?

Quote Originally Posted by xKyphes View Post
    I would like to try it but dont own a minecraft copy. and dont wanna use 30 bucks for a game i dont really like.

do you know if it would work with the demo?
    Probably not, unfortunately. Wouldn't work with a pirated copy either. Or rather, it might, but I don't think you could play multiplayer with a pirated version due to the verification/account system Minecraft uses.

The game is worth $30, in my opinion. Not for the game itself, but because of all the mods with huge communities the game has. A lot of people don't bother playing Vanilla Minecraft, they play the game using one (or more) of the thousands of mods.

Basically the same as Mount & Blade: Warband. Almost no one buys the game for the single player/vanilla experience. They get it so they can play the mods, like Napoleon, Persistent World, or cRPG.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 44

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukiri View Post
    i don't think anyone's dream would be a blocky one... not sure why but it feels like the people here keep showing "horrible" games and hyping over it, maybe they were just getting a random pokemon video and hyping over it without playing it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GWvjT5i4js" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GWvjT5i4js"> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GWvjT5i4js" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    Only problem is that this game ceased production and has been shut down by the original developer due to: "financial, personal and legal" issues so the chances of production being reopened is very slim.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 602

Quote Originally Posted by firemonk98 View Post
    Only problem is that this game ceased production and has been shut down by the original developer due to: "financial, personal and legal" issues so the chances of production being reopened is very slim.
    aww damn, see thats what i was afraid for lol, so many pokemon projects get shut down by nintendont lol

Currently Playing: Dragons Dogma

>Screenshot Collection 2013-2014<

Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    aww damn, see thats what i was afraid for lol, so many pokemon projects get shut down by nintendont lol
    That's something I don't understand. Supposedly so many of these projects get shut down by Nintendo, yet Pixelmon, which is directly based on Pokemon, gets away with it even though it has thousands (if not tens of thousands) of players. How does that work out? Especially when Pixelmon server owners can make a decent sum of money from their series using "donation shops."
    -Cingal

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    That's something I don't understand. Supposedly so many of these projects get shut down by Nintendo, yet Pixelmon, which is directly based on Pokemon, gets away with it even though it has thousands (if not tens of thousands) of players. How does that work out? Especially when Pixelmon server owners can make a decent sum of money from their series using "donation shops."
    Likely has to do with it being a minecraft mod. I'm guessing it provides an additional hurdle somehow that makes them desire to not test those waters.

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Installed Pixelmon and I must say it's a pretty well done mod. I don't mind the blocky textures (it's to be expected) but I do mind the lack of animations (which is understandable considering it is a Minecraft mod and all). Couldn't find a decent server for it though, most servers had absolutely no information about what to do and I kept finding level 42 Pokemon on the starting area.

That being said, if they DO get a C&D letter from Nintendo, they could easily transform the mod by adding original creatures instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    Installed Pixelmon and I must say it's a pretty well done mod. I don't mind the blocky textures (it's to be expected) but I do mind the lack of animations (which is understandable considering it is a Minecraft mod and all). Couldn't find a decent server for it though, most servers had absolutely no information about what to do and I kept finding level 42 Pokemon on the starting area.

That being said, if they DO get a C&D letter from Nintendo, they could easily transform the mod by adding original creatures instead.
    They've got a full graphics team and a separate (and just as full) animation team now. Over the next few months we should be seeing a lot more animation/graphic updates from the mod. The videos I linked are from some of the new stuff in the works.

As for servers, it's been quite some time so I can't remember the names of the servers I used to play on. There are a few decent ones, though. For example, the one I played on regularly had a pretty sweet tutorial included, which is how I learned the ins-and-outs of the mod. Another one was pretty neat in that it had multiple region-servers you could join, with a master-"lounge" server. So if you got bored of one, you could quickly switch over to the other.

However, keep in mind that the communities of 99% of the servers you join will be quite shitty due to the huge amounts of young people And the Minecraft chat system is horrible as well. There was a couple of lower-key servers that had smaller populations but much better communities, but those weren't quite as fun to play on as they lacked the support that the bigger ones had.

Edit: And about the C&D, they could just get in contact with the MonsterMMORPG guys :P
    -Cingal

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast