Drawing commissions - Help

Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 49

Default Drawing commissions - Help

Hello guys, my girlfriend is looking for a site to do drawing commissions, would anyone have anything that comes to mind? Thank you for the help.

Edit: It'd help if someone already did drawing commissions and is familiar with this business.
    Last edited by AkaSnake; 06-13-2014 at 12:30 AM.

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 120

DeviantArt.com
    League of Legends IGN: Ellista

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

DeviantArt is the best place to start. Simply have her upload her Portfolio and more than likely people will begin stumbling across her work and eventually, if it's decent enough, she'll begin getting requests and (hopefully) commissions.

It all starts with a portfolio and making it easily available for people to view.

Personally, most of the artists I know got in contact with a majority of their commissions via word-of-mouth thanks to family and friends who had contacts in businesses and whatnot.

You could talk to xDrac here on OnRPG (tho idk if he's still active). He does webdesign and I believe he's based off of DeviantArt. Link. Oddly enough, I've been apart of two guilds that have commissioned xDrac to do their webdesign. Didn't find out until after the fact, either, even though I've known xDrac from here for quite some time.
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 06-13-2014 at 03:59 AM.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    DeviantArt is the best place to start. Simply have her upload her Portfolio and more than likely people will begin stumbling across her work and eventually, if it's decent enough, she'll begin getting requests and (hopefully) commissions.

It all starts with a portfolio and making it easily available for people to view.

Personally, most of the artists I know got in contact with a majority of their commissions via word-of-mouth thanks to family and friends who had contacts in businesses and whatnot.

You could talk to xDrac here on OnRPG (tho idk if he's still active). He does webdesign and I believe he's based off of DeviantArt. Link. Oddly enough, I've been apart of two guilds that have commissioned xDrac to do their webdesign. Didn't find out until after the fact, either, even though I've known xDrac from here for quite some time.
    Okay, we made a DeviantArt and uploaded some of her art from her Portfolio, thank you for the tips .

call me chicken strips Reputation: 534

can she draw a picture of a bald eagle beating loric up

I would possibly pay real $$$ cha ching

Reading: You Just Don't Understand!: Women and Men in Conversations by Deborah Tannen (50%)
    Last read: A Child Named "It" by Dave Pelzer (NOT BAD), A Dance With Dragons by GRRM (4.5/5), A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin (3.5/5)

Interested in why I picked these books, or want to recommend me some more? Just pm me. I love books.

Super Moderator Reputation: 284
    Coloring eggs in the lost city of Atlantis.

Tbh I'd probably pay real money for something like that too

Quote Originally Posted by Xenonight2 View Post
    can she draw a picture of a bald eagle beating loric up

I would possibly pay real $$$ cha ching
    Sure can!

Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    Tbh I'd probably pay real money for something like that too
    Haha.