Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 56

Thread: "We're pregnant."

  1. #26
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 204
    FarmerM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    So much hate from angry, stupid people. It's a great world.

  2. #27
    $$$
    Guest

    Default

    #everybodychillandgobacktohatingtheirish

    #irishtheywouldleaveourcountry

  3. #28
    Phantom's Freak Reputation: 83
    M1nGs3N4yuk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    2,505
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    Visions of quite something...

  4. #29
    in the sky with diamonds Reputation: 1151
    Oisterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Trash Boat
    Posts
    25,912
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    I've never heard a man say we're pregnant before. The only context I can remember it in is hearing an excited mother to be say it while the dude stood there looking as dumb and lost as ever, but with a smile.

    Even if I heard a dude friend say that I wouldn't be offended. I would laugh in his face for saying it stupidly, but I don't think it takes away the significance of pregnancy. The guy is more or less completely useless to the baby until it's born...it's important to make him feel included too.. I mean it's half his fault.

    - - - Updated - - -

    LOL theres a whole subreddit for tumblr junk like that. Believe me I'm all for empowering women, homosexuals and whoever else is being oppressed....but lord is that stuff ever funny. End fathers day. Lmao. Most people I know would love to have a father to celebrate.

  5. #30
    Banned Reputation: 302

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Rainbow
    Posts
    1,072
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    I don't support any of those sexist comments. Those women obviously hate men, probably due to some sort of trauma.

    Quote Originally Posted by Narfi Hungry Willem View Post
    It is sad to see hate promoted by such an offended culture.
    If my wife and I want to get pregnant and that offends you, then eff you, its really none of your business.
    You're missing the point and completely deluding yourself with something I never said.

    I am not offended by people having kids. I just don't like when people say "we're pregnant" because that's not physically possible. It has nothing to do with my like or dislike of the pregnancy or the people involved with the pregnancy.

  6. #31
    $$$
    Guest

    Default

    i don't like when people say cd instead of album or dvd instead of movie. like you wouldn't say 50 shades of grey is yr favorite papers. it's yr favorite book, yo.

  7. #32
    Game Journalist Reputation: 490

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,794
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    I don't support any of those sexist comments. Those women obviously hate men, probably due to some sort of trauma.
    Honestly, I think a majority of "Men haters" just do it so they can feel better about themselves and feel apart of some sort of movement. It's the reason most people do stupid things, no matter the gender.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

  8. #33
    Entropia Universe Journalist Reputation: 75
    Narfi Hungry Willem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    722
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    You're missing the point and completely deluding yourself with something I never said.

    I am not offended by people having kids. I just don't like when people say "we're pregnant" because that's not physically possible. It has nothing to do with my like or dislike of the pregnancy or the people involved with the pregnancy.
    Wasn't directed at you specifically, just the idea in general.

    But like said earlier, being offended because you are taking something literally that is not meant to be taken literally is more than a little silly.
    That is like being offended if you hear someone call a loved one 'honey' because they are not created by bees as a food source.
    It is like being offended that I would say "no, I'm broke" after you ask me for money when it is obvious that I am in good health.
    It is like being offended when the TV announcer says that an athlete is "on fire right now" when it is obvious that there are no flames coming from his or her body.
    etc....

    "We are pregnant" quite simply means "We are having a baby"
    You know that when you hear it, and that is what is intended when it is said, therefor it is utterly ridiculous to fabricate some offense from it.
    Play hard. Play smart. Win.
    Work hard. Live smart. Prosper.

  9. #34
    Banned Reputation: 302

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Rainbow
    Posts
    1,072
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    Honestly, I think a majority of "Men haters" just do it so they can feel better about themselves and feel apart of some sort of movement. It's the reason most people do stupid things, no matter the gender.
    Perhaps, but I think the majority of women-haters and men-haters indulge in shitty behavior because they feel the other group of people is wrong and does bad things, and they likely have been affected by personal experiences.

  10. #35
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 269
    Phenoca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Demacia
    Posts
    6,294
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poeticas View Post
    this is a lot more amusing ...
    YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    I miss having a bird.



    Quote Originally Posted by Narfi Hungry Willem View Post
    That is like being offended if you hear someone call a loved one 'honey'
    I'm pretty sure there's a context for most things. I overgeneralize a lot so I guess I have to deal with it (overgeneralization).

    As for pregnancy... I don't find it an offensive word. If someone with normally good grammar called himself pregnant I would tease him for his mistake. If he said "we're expecting" then I get it. But if a stranger said that he and his wife are pregnant I wouldn't go and make a sarcastic commercial about grammar. It was humorous up until the part where the stage curtains open (edit: because the actor was mocking but then it suddenly got serious and everyone started taking themselves seriously while the music stayed jolly which made everything awkward and I don't find parodies of social rights movements funny).
    Last edited by Phenoca; 06-15-2014 at 01:29 AM.

  11. #36
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 372
    hian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    JAAAPAAAAAN
    Posts
    2,972
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    As often as I disagree with most 3rd wave feminists when it comes to how they use, analyze and decode language and social constructs, I can actually understand this point. Not because I think anyone ought to be offended by it, but because it sounds stupid.

    You're a guy. You don't get pregnant. If your wife got syphilis, you wouldn't go "We've got syphilis!".
    A certain level of adherence to principles of linguistic clarity can do a lot for humanity. After all, as it is, most people shit all over the art of communication on a daily basis, and I'm pretty sure that's the root of a lot of the world's conflicts.

    And seriously, if a guy needs to say stupid shit like "We're pregnant" to feel included in the conception of a child, he doesn't need couples counseling - he needs regular counseling for treating his severe lack of confidence. Alternatively, he needs to find a new wife that doesn't try to exclude him from the joy of having a child by making it so that the only way he does feel included is by citing stupid catch-phrases from cheesy self-help programs.

    If somebody feels offended by what I just wrote, they too can go to counseling and consume a box of tissues crying about it. I don't care either way.
    The Common Sense United Front
    ZAZAZAZAAAA, DADADADAAAA DAAAA, SHWAMSHWAMSHWAMMMM DUUUU DIIIII DAAAAAAAAAA

  12. #37
    Banned Reputation: 302

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Rainbow
    Posts
    1,072
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    But honey is an inanimate object. It's objectification of women and therefore misogyny! (sarcasm) I'm pretty sure there's a context for most things. I overgeneralize a lot so I guess I have to deal with it (overgeneralization).

    As for pregnancy... I don't find it an offensive word. If someone with normally good grammar called himself pregnant I would tease him for his mistake. If he said "we're expecting" then I get it. But if a stranger said that he and his wife are pregnant I wouldn't go and make a sarcastic commercial about grammar. It was humorous up until the part where the stage curtains open (edit: because the actor was mocking but then it suddenly got serious and everyone started taking themselves seriously while the music stayed jolly which made everything awkward and I don't find parodies of social rights movements funny).
    Stop baiting pls.

  13. #38
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 176
    Wicked315's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Florida.
    Posts
    7,830
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Wait, I skimmed through this briefly, so forgive me if I miss the point entirely, but you're saying you dislike when guys announce "their" pregnancy?

    But the reality is, I'd say the same, because without me she wouldn't (hopefully anyways) be pregnant. It's my child too, I am allowed to announce the pregnancy, saying "shes pregnant with my kid" sounds a bit more like me, but that's still in the same ballpark. I think what Oister said is spot on, even if the retort is commonly heard. It takes two to love. It was a creation that absolutely required both parties to be willing and capable, and that means it's a shared thing. Just because she endures the majority of the physical and mental pain, doesn't mean it's more her child than mine, because as the man, we'd have to take responsibility, make a lot of sacrifices, and tend to her every day for 9 months. It's not as taxing, but it can be stressful.

  14. #39
    Banned Reputation: 302

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Rainbow
    Posts
    1,072
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked315 View Post
    Wait, I skimmed through this briefly, so forgive me if I miss the point entirely, but you're saying you dislike when guys announce "their" pregnancy?

    But the reality is, I'd say the same, because without me she wouldn't (hopefully anyways) be pregnant. It's my child too, I am allowed to announce the pregnancy, saying "shes pregnant with my kid" sounds a bit more like me, but that's still in the same ballpark. I think what Oister said is spot on, even if the retort is commonly heard. It takes two to love. It was a creation that absolutely required both parties to be willing and capable, and that means it's a shared thing. Just because she endures the majority of the physical and mental pain, doesn't mean it's more her child than mine, because as the man, we'd have to take responsibility, make a lot of sacrifices, and tend to her every day for 9 months. It's not as taxing, but it can be stressful.
    Yes, everyone after six knows it takes a man to also make a baby. No one is discrediting a father his ownership of his child and his right to announce the birth.

    That. Isn't. Even. The. Topic.

    It's simply that he can't be pregnant, not that he isn't involved in the pregnancy.

  15. #40
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 242
    Phanein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked315 View Post
    Wait, I skimmed through this briefly, so forgive me if I miss the point entirely, but you're saying you dislike when guys announce "their" pregnancy?

    But the reality is, I'd say the same, because without me she wouldn't (hopefully anyways) be pregnant. It's my child too, I am allowed to announce the pregnancy, saying "shes pregnant with my kid" sounds a bit more like me, but that's still in the same ballpark. I think what Oister said is spot on, even if the retort is commonly heard. It takes two to love. It was a creation that absolutely required both parties to be willing and capable, and that means it's a shared thing. Just because she endures the majority of the physical and mental pain, doesn't mean it's more her child than mine, because as the man, we'd have to take responsibility, make a lot of sacrifices, and tend to her every day for 9 months. It's not as taxing, but it can be stressful.
    There is a separate word for what happens when your sperm dances with her eggs, fertilization. Which leads to the female becoming pregnant.

    On a side note; just say ''we fertilized'' I would love to hear and see peoples reactions.

    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

  16. #41
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 176
    Wicked315's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Florida.
    Posts
    7,830
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    Yes, everyone after six knows it takes a man to also make a baby. No one is discrediting a father his ownership of his child and his right to announce the birth.

    That. Isn't. Even. The. Topic.

    It's simply that he can't be pregnant, not that he isn't involved in the pregnancy.

    But he doesn't say it because he IS pregnant, hes saying it because hes taking ownership. This IS the topic.
    Hes allowed to say what he wants about his child, they're pregnant. Sure he may not be ACTUALLY pregnant, but hes connected on a level that he feels he can say that he is experiencing "pregnancy" not the actual term but the entire process, taking care of the women while she needs him the most, if someone feels entitled to say "we're pregnant" let them. I don't even understand how it can be brought up as an argument. It seems so insignificant, and even more so that it doesn't even directly involve you.

  17. #42
    Banned Reputation: 302

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Rainbow
    Posts
    1,072
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked315 View Post
    But he doesn't say it because he IS pregnant, hes saying it because hes taking ownership. This IS the topic.
    Hes allowed to say what he wants about his child, they're pregnant. Sure he may not be ACTUALLY pregnant, but hes connected on a level that he feels he can say that he is experiencing "pregnancy" not the actual term but the entire process, taking care of the women while she needs him the most, if someone feels entitled to say "we're pregnant" let them. I don't even understand how it can be brought up as an argument. It seems so insignificant, and even more so that it doesn't even directly involve you.
    But a man can't be pregnant, so he can't earn that title.

    Let me ask you a question. Would you feel it's fair for a woman to say "we're serving," because her husband is serving in the military? Both of them are affected by his departure. Him obviously more so, but they are still both affected by his service. Is that an acceptable comment to you?

  18. #43
    $$$
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    But a man can't be pregnant, so he can't earn that title.

    Let me ask you a question. Would you feel it's fair for a woman to say "we're serving," because her husband is serving in the military? Both of them are affected by his departure. Him obviously more so, but they are still both affected by his service. Is that an acceptable comment to you?
    it's semantics. it's not that important

  19. #44
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 176
    Wicked315's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Florida.
    Posts
    7,830
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    But a man can't be pregnant, so he can't earn that title.

    Let me ask you a question. Would you feel it's fair for a woman to say "we're serving," because her husband is serving in the military? Both of them are affected by his departure. Him obviously more so, but they are still both affected by his service. Is that an acceptable comment to you?
    Apples and oranges, imo. I didn't disagree with it being kind of stupid to say, I even stated I wouldn't say it like that. It's just.. I don't see the issue. I feel like I didn't give you an adequate enough response, let me edit:

    It's a bit silly to say, as it sounds like the male is pregnant, but if the male of the relationship feels that way, let him say it. Just like people say "WE didn't win the football game." When they don't even play, they just watch.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSkald View Post
    it's semantics. it's not that important

    This.

  20. #45
    Banned Reputation: 302

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Rainbow
    Posts
    1,072
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked315 View Post
    Apples and oranges, imo.
    The variables are different, but the concept is the same.

    I didn't disagree with it being kind of stupid to say, I even stated I wouldn't say it like that.
    I got that.

    It's just.. I don't see the issue. I feel like I didn't give you an adequate enough response, let me edit:

    It's a bit silly to say, as it sounds like the male is pregnant, but if the male of the relationship feels that way,
    Ok.

    let him say it. Just like people say "WE didn't win the football game." When they don't even play, they just watch.
    No.

    Now that is apples and oranges.

    This.
    You can't wholeheartedly try to persuade me to agree with you and then just say "it's not important." If it was important enough to contribute discussion on why you feel differently than me, then there is some significance to you.

    I think we can both agree that the issue isn't of massive, Godly importance, but I don't think threads should be limited to only "massive, Godly importance" topics. There are plenty of lackluster threads on this forum, not conducted by me.

    It has enough significance to discuss, debate, and think about. We're on page 5, after all.

  21. #46
    $$$
    Guest

    Default

    what's to debate tho? dudes don't get pregnant. so if a bro says he's pregnant, he's wrong. that's it, right?

  22. #47
    やめてください! Reputation: 296
    Orpheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    9,708
    Rep Power
    20

    Default



    WE ARE PREGNANT.

    Serious though, it doesn't bother me as much as sports fans saying "we won!".

  23. #48
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 176
    Wicked315's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Florida.
    Posts
    7,830
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Essentially, Skald.

    This isn't even an argument, this is him or her saying "No. You're wrong, I'm right." When there is nothing to declare wrong or right, as it's been made clear that we're on the same page. I was merely saying let people live their life, focus on you.

  24. #49
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 673
    Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hitman Victor
    Posts
    6,377
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hian View Post
    If somebody feels offended by what I just wrote, they too can go to counseling and consume a box of tissues crying about it. I don't care either way.
    The "purity" of Language is more important to you this way?
    See, I agree that it's silly sounding, but it says something about a person to throw a fit, because someone else dared to say something silly. If you are offened by the fact that another person says something silly in your presence, isn't that more obnoxious compared to the "crime of inelegant wording".

    Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    Serious though, it doesn't bother me as much as sports fans saying "we won!".
    That's just, like the worst eva, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    We're on page 5, after all.
    Sounds like much, but it's just that the other threads on the front page are pretty much all completely meaningless unfunny non-sequitur spamfests.
    Last edited by Ronin; 06-15-2014 at 02:29 PM.

    Stay frosty.

  25. #50
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 204
    FarmerM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Were on page 5! Of people saying I have an opinion, but the subject doesn't matter.
    I could rant about how stupid this is and really want to but I am trying to spend my time more constructively.

    Now to go watch the latest extreme koala mma video.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •