"We're pregnant."

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 246

this is a lot more amusing ...
    YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Rock Man Reputation: 84

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Snip.
    Is it the baby that's the "possession" or the body functions? You go from one to the other, so it's inconsistent and confusing.

My gripe isn't about the baby. It's about stating that "we're" pregnant, when only one person can be pregnant. That's it. Does my boyfriend ovulate with me too? Does his vagina bleed?

I'm not sure I agree with your theory, but the term probably did originate from pregnancy classes and the like. Possibly to make the man feel more included, and to influence him to be more involved with the pregnancy than just supplying the woman with food and other surface-essentials.

In that regard, which I haven't thought of until now, it does sound more plausible and acceptable. However, I still don't agree with its usage.

Do you mean "political correctness?" I don't consider it wrong to abide by a definition of a word.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    Yes, because if youtube comments from strangers sarcastically disagree with me or are being argumentative for the sake of it, I must be wrong. If you want to sit here and argue about who's right and wrong I'ma save you the trouble and just say I am so you can take the tally mark, if you think that actually matters.

Sure, there are guys who say that "we're pregnant" and that's fine, but most don't. Typically, guys have been saying, "we're having a baby" or "my__ is having a baby" and people understood that to mean that they are being supportive. It's only been "somewhat recently" that this "we're pregnant" thing has been an issue.

Ultimately, who the hell cares what people say as long as they are being supportive?

So yeah, for the record, I personally think the statement is dumb and irrelevant. Thanks for listening.
    It was also posted on Facebook with a lot of the comments I'm referring to by men with hundreds to thousands of upvotes.

I'm sure there are people who are trolling, but not all of them are.

You're welcome. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    League of Legends IGN: Ellista

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 567

TuxedoSam:
    Well, see it that way, while arguing that you are out to help people, that same people are looking for practical solutions for problems that they have. Arguing that those solutions are stupid out of a position of ignorance benefits whom exactly?

This has nothing to do with PC.
    The direction I am coming from is, that as I try to emphasise the situation of people who do this, because they are struggling and clinging to whatever they can. What I come up with is that you are belitteling their efforts. By that you insult them and you hurt them. That's all.

My mothertongue is German, a language, that consists more than half out of war metaphors. Words and their meanings can be anything you want them to in my book.

I tried to point out that you are being a dick. I don't think you mean bad at all by it and your intentions are as i see them laudable, but you still are. Not literally as in being a male sexual organ, but I didn't have to say that.
    Last edited by Ronin; 06-14-2014 at 03:17 PM.

Stay frosty.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

"....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Entropia Universe Journalist Reputation: 55

It is sad to see hate promoted by such an offended culture.
    If my wife and I want to get pregnant and that offends you, then eff you, its really none of your business.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

So much hate from angry, stupid people. It's a great world.

Eternal Cowboy Reputation: 632
    Jacksonville Jaguars: 2018 Superbowl Champs

#everybodychillandgobacktohatingtheirish

#irishtheywouldleaveourcountry

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 69

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    Visions of quite something...

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

I've never heard a man say we're pregnant before. The only context I can remember it in is hearing an excited mother to be say it while the dude stood there looking as dumb and lost as ever, but with a smile.

Even if I heard a dude friend say that I wouldn't be offended. I would laugh in his face for saying it stupidly, but I don't think it takes away the significance of pregnancy. The guy is more or less completely useless to the baby until it's born...it's important to make him feel included too.. I mean it's half his fault.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL theres a whole subreddit for tumblr junk like that. Believe me I'm all for empowering women, homosexuals and whoever else is being oppressed....but lord is that stuff ever funny. End fathers day. Lmao. Most people I know would love to have a father to celebrate.

Rock Man Reputation: 84

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    I don't support any of those sexist comments. Those women obviously hate men, probably due to some sort of trauma.

Quote Originally Posted by Narfi Hungry Willem View Post
    It is sad to see hate promoted by such an offended culture.
    If my wife and I want to get pregnant and that offends you, then eff you, its really none of your business.
    You're missing the point and completely deluding yourself with something I never said.

I am not offended by people having kids. I just don't like when people say "we're pregnant" because that's not physically possible. It has nothing to do with my like or dislike of the pregnancy or the people involved with the pregnancy.
    League of Legends IGN: Ellista

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast