"We're pregnant."

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Eternal Cowboy Reputation: 632
    Jacksonville Jaguars: 2018 Superbowl Champs

i don't like when people say cd instead of album or dvd instead of movie. like you wouldn't say 50 shades of grey is yr favorite papers. it's yr favorite book, yo.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    I don't support any of those sexist comments. Those women obviously hate men, probably due to some sort of trauma.
    Honestly, I think a majority of "Men haters" just do it so they can feel better about themselves and feel apart of some sort of movement. It's the reason most people do stupid things, no matter the gender.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Entropia Universe Journalist Reputation: 55

Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    You're missing the point and completely deluding yourself with something I never said.

I am not offended by people having kids. I just don't like when people say "we're pregnant" because that's not physically possible. It has nothing to do with my like or dislike of the pregnancy or the people involved with the pregnancy.
    Wasn't directed at you specifically, just the idea in general.

But like said earlier, being offended because you are taking something literally that is not meant to be taken literally is more than a little silly.
    That is like being offended if you hear someone call a loved one 'honey' because they are not created by bees as a food source.
    It is like being offended that I would say "no, I'm broke" after you ask me for money when it is obvious that I am in good health.
    It is like being offended when the TV announcer says that an athlete is "on fire right now" when it is obvious that there are no flames coming from his or her body.
    etc....

"We are pregnant" quite simply means "We are having a baby"
    You know that when you hear it, and that is what is intended when it is said, therefor it is utterly ridiculous to fabricate some offense from it.

Rock Man Reputation: 84

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    Honestly, I think a majority of "Men haters" just do it so they can feel better about themselves and feel apart of some sort of movement. It's the reason most people do stupid things, no matter the gender.
    Perhaps, but I think the majority of women-haters and men-haters indulge in shitty behavior because they feel the other group of people is wrong and does bad things, and they likely have been affected by personal experiences.
    League of Legends IGN: Ellista

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Quote Originally Posted by poeticas View Post
    this is a lot more amusing ...
    YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    I miss having a bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Narfi Hungry Willem View Post
    That is like being offended if you hear someone call a loved one 'honey'
    I'm pretty sure there's a context for most things. I overgeneralize a lot so I guess I have to deal with it (overgeneralization).

As for pregnancy... I don't find it an offensive word. If someone with normally good grammar called himself pregnant I would tease him for his mistake. If he said "we're expecting" then I get it. But if a stranger said that he and his wife are pregnant I wouldn't go and make a sarcastic commercial about grammar. It was humorous up until the part where the stage curtains open (edit: because the actor was mocking but then it suddenly got serious and everyone started taking themselves seriously while the music stayed jolly which made everything awkward and I don't find parodies of social rights movements funny).
    Last edited by Phenoca; 06-15-2014 at 01:29 AM.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Olpah's Object Reputation: 326

As often as I disagree with most 3rd wave feminists when it comes to how they use, analyze and decode language and social constructs, I can actually understand this point. Not because I think anyone ought to be offended by it, but because it sounds stupid.

You're a guy. You don't get pregnant. If your wife got syphilis, you wouldn't go "We've got syphilis!".
    A certain level of adherence to principles of linguistic clarity can do a lot for humanity. After all, as it is, most people shit all over the art of communication on a daily basis, and I'm pretty sure that's the root of a lot of the world's conflicts.

And seriously, if a guy needs to say stupid shit like "We're pregnant" to feel included in the conception of a child, he doesn't need couples counseling - he needs regular counseling for treating his severe lack of confidence. Alternatively, he needs to find a new wife that doesn't try to exclude him from the joy of having a child by making it so that the only way he does feel included is by citing stupid catch-phrases from cheesy self-help programs.

If somebody feels offended by what I just wrote, they too can go to counseling and consume a box of tissues crying about it. I don't care either way.

The Common Sense United Front
    ZAZAZAZAAAA, DADADADAAAA DAAAA, SHWAMSHWAMSHWAMMMM DUUUU DIIIII DAAAAAAAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    But honey is an inanimate object. It's objectification of women and therefore misogyny! (sarcasm) I'm pretty sure there's a context for most things. I overgeneralize a lot so I guess I have to deal with it (overgeneralization).

As for pregnancy... I don't find it an offensive word. If someone with normally good grammar called himself pregnant I would tease him for his mistake. If he said "we're expecting" then I get it. But if a stranger said that he and his wife are pregnant I wouldn't go and make a sarcastic commercial about grammar. It was humorous up until the part where the stage curtains open (edit: because the actor was mocking but then it suddenly got serious and everyone started taking themselves seriously while the music stayed jolly which made everything awkward and I don't find parodies of social rights movements funny).
    Stop baiting pls.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 176

Wait, I skimmed through this briefly, so forgive me if I miss the point entirely, but you're saying you dislike when guys announce "their" pregnancy?

But the reality is, I'd say the same, because without me she wouldn't (hopefully anyways) be pregnant. It's my child too, I am allowed to announce the pregnancy, saying "shes pregnant with my kid" sounds a bit more like me, but that's still in the same ballpark. I think what Oister said is spot on, even if the retort is commonly heard. It takes two to love. It was a creation that absolutely required both parties to be willing and capable, and that means it's a shared thing. Just because she endures the majority of the physical and mental pain, doesn't mean it's more her child than mine, because as the man, we'd have to take responsibility, make a lot of sacrifices, and tend to her every day for 9 months. It's not as taxing, but it can be stressful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    I love how your name is "Useless", and your avatar says "Canada" in it.
    LOL GET IT?

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked315 View Post
    Wait, I skimmed through this briefly, so forgive me if I miss the point entirely, but you're saying you dislike when guys announce "their" pregnancy?

But the reality is, I'd say the same, because without me she wouldn't (hopefully anyways) be pregnant. It's my child too, I am allowed to announce the pregnancy, saying "shes pregnant with my kid" sounds a bit more like me, but that's still in the same ballpark. I think what Oister said is spot on, even if the retort is commonly heard. It takes two to love. It was a creation that absolutely required both parties to be willing and capable, and that means it's a shared thing. Just because she endures the majority of the physical and mental pain, doesn't mean it's more her child than mine, because as the man, we'd have to take responsibility, make a lot of sacrifices, and tend to her every day for 9 months. It's not as taxing, but it can be stressful.
    Yes, everyone after six knows it takes a man to also make a baby. No one is discrediting a father his ownership of his child and his right to announce the birth.

That. Isn't. Even. The. Topic.

It's simply that he can't be pregnant, not that he isn't involved in the pregnancy.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 141

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked315 View Post

There is a separate word for what happens when your sperm dances with her eggs, fertilization. Which leads to the female becoming pregnant.

On a side note; just say ''we fertilized'' I would love to hear and see peoples reactions.
    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast