"We're pregnant."

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 176

Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    Yes, everyone after six knows it takes a man to also make a baby. No one is discrediting a father his ownership of his child and his right to announce the birth.

That. Isn't. Even. The. Topic.

It's simply that he can't be pregnant, not that he isn't involved in the pregnancy.

But he doesn't say it because he IS pregnant, hes saying it because hes taking ownership. This IS the topic.
    Hes allowed to say what he wants about his child, they're pregnant. Sure he may not be ACTUALLY pregnant, but hes connected on a level that he feels he can say that he is experiencing "pregnancy" not the actual term but the entire process, taking care of the women while she needs him the most, if someone feels entitled to say "we're pregnant" let them. I don't even understand how it can be brought up as an argument. It seems so insignificant, and even more so that it doesn't even directly involve you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    I love how your name is "Useless", and your avatar says "Canada" in it.
    LOL GET IT?

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 82

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked315 View Post
    But he doesn't say it because he IS pregnant, hes saying it because hes taking ownership. This IS the topic.
    Hes allowed to say what he wants about his child, they're pregnant. Sure he may not be ACTUALLY pregnant, but hes connected on a level that he feels he can say that he is experiencing "pregnancy" not the actual term but the entire process, taking care of the women while she needs him the most, if someone feels entitled to say "we're pregnant" let them. I don't even understand how it can be brought up as an argument. It seems so insignificant, and even more so that it doesn't even directly involve you.
    But a man can't be pregnant, so he can't earn that title.

Let me ask you a question. Would you feel it's fair for a woman to say "we're serving," because her husband is serving in the military? Both of them are affected by his departure. Him obviously more so, but they are still both affected by his service. Is that an acceptable comment to you?
    League of Legends IGN: Ellista

Eternal Cowboy Reputation: 577
    Jacksonville Jaguars: 2018 Superbowl Champs

Let me ask you a question. Would you feel it's fair for a woman to say "we're serving," because her husband is serving in the military? Both of them are affected by his departure. Him obviously more so, but they are still both affected by his service. Is that an acceptable comment to you?
    it's semantics. it's not that important

Apples and oranges, imo. I didn't disagree with it being kind of stupid to say, I even stated I wouldn't say it like that. It's just.. I don't see the issue. I feel like I didn't give you an adequate enough response, let me edit:

It's a bit silly to say, as it sounds like the male is pregnant, but if the male of the relationship feels that way, let him say it. Just like people say "WE didn't win the football game." When they don't even play, they just watch.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSkald View Post
    it's semantics. it's not that important

This.
    LOL GET IT?

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 82

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked315 View Post
    Apples and oranges, imo.
    The variables are different, but the concept is the same.

I didn't disagree with it being kind of stupid to say, I even stated I wouldn't say it like that.
    I got that.

It's just.. I don't see the issue. I feel like I didn't give you an adequate enough response, let me edit:

It's a bit silly to say, as it sounds like the male is pregnant, but if the male of the relationship feels that way,
    Ok.

let him say it. Just like people say "WE didn't win the football game." When they don't even play, they just watch.
    No.

Now that is apples and oranges.

This.
    You can't wholeheartedly try to persuade me to agree with you and then just say "it's not important." If it was important enough to contribute discussion on why you feel differently than me, then there is some significance to you.

I think we can both agree that the issue isn't of massive, Godly importance, but I don't think threads should be limited to only "massive, Godly importance" topics. There are plenty of lackluster threads on this forum, not conducted by me.

It has enough significance to discuss, debate, and think about. We're on page 5, after all.
    League of Legends IGN: Ellista

Eternal Cowboy Reputation: 577
    Jacksonville Jaguars: 2018 Superbowl Champs

what's to debate tho? dudes don't get pregnant. so if a bro says he's pregnant, he's wrong. that's it, right?

やめてください! Reputation: 296

WE ARE PREGNANT.

Serious though, it doesn't bother me as much as sports fans saying "we won!".

Essentially, Skald.

This isn't even an argument, this is him or her saying "No. You're wrong, I'm right." When there is nothing to declare wrong or right, as it's been made clear that we're on the same page. I was merely saying let people live their life, focus on you.
    LOL GET IT?

Super Moderator Reputation: 284
    Coloring eggs in the lost city of Atlantis.

Doesn't seem like that big of a deal tbh.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 567

Quote Originally Posted by hian View Post
    If somebody feels offended by what I just wrote, they too can go to counseling and consume a box of tissues crying about it. I don't care either way.
    The "purity" of Language is more important to you this way?
    See, I agree that it's silly sounding, but it says something about a person to throw a fit, because someone else dared to say something silly. If you are offened by the fact that another person says something silly in your presence, isn't that more obnoxious compared to the "crime of inelegant wording".

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    Serious though, it doesn't bother me as much as sports fans saying "we won!".
    That's just, like the worst eva, right?

We're on page 5, after all.
    Sounds like much, but it's just that the other threads on the front page are pretty much all completely meaningless unfunny non-sequitur spamfests.
    Last edited by Ronin; 06-15-2014 at 02:29 PM.

Stay frosty.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast