Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 56

Thread: "We're pregnant."

  1. #41
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 176
    Wicked315's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Florida.
    Posts
    7,828
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    Yes, everyone after six knows it takes a man to also make a baby. No one is discrediting a father his ownership of his child and his right to announce the birth.

    That. Isn't. Even. The. Topic.

    It's simply that he can't be pregnant, not that he isn't involved in the pregnancy.

    But he doesn't say it because he IS pregnant, hes saying it because hes taking ownership. This IS the topic.
    Hes allowed to say what he wants about his child, they're pregnant. Sure he may not be ACTUALLY pregnant, but hes connected on a level that he feels he can say that he is experiencing "pregnancy" not the actual term but the entire process, taking care of the women while she needs him the most, if someone feels entitled to say "we're pregnant" let them. I don't even understand how it can be brought up as an argument. It seems so insignificant, and even more so that it doesn't even directly involve you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    I love how your name is "Useless", and your avatar says "Canada" in it.
    LOL GET IT?

  2. #42
    Banned Reputation: 302

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Rainbow
    Posts
    1,073
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked315 View Post
    But he doesn't say it because he IS pregnant, hes saying it because hes taking ownership. This IS the topic.
    Hes allowed to say what he wants about his child, they're pregnant. Sure he may not be ACTUALLY pregnant, but hes connected on a level that he feels he can say that he is experiencing "pregnancy" not the actual term but the entire process, taking care of the women while she needs him the most, if someone feels entitled to say "we're pregnant" let them. I don't even understand how it can be brought up as an argument. It seems so insignificant, and even more so that it doesn't even directly involve you.
    But a man can't be pregnant, so he can't earn that title.

    Let me ask you a question. Would you feel it's fair for a woman to say "we're serving," because her husband is serving in the military? Both of them are affected by his departure. Him obviously more so, but they are still both affected by his service. Is that an acceptable comment to you?

  3. #43
    $$$
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    But a man can't be pregnant, so he can't earn that title.

    Let me ask you a question. Would you feel it's fair for a woman to say "we're serving," because her husband is serving in the military? Both of them are affected by his departure. Him obviously more so, but they are still both affected by his service. Is that an acceptable comment to you?
    it's semantics. it's not that important

  4. #44
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 176
    Wicked315's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Florida.
    Posts
    7,828
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    But a man can't be pregnant, so he can't earn that title.

    Let me ask you a question. Would you feel it's fair for a woman to say "we're serving," because her husband is serving in the military? Both of them are affected by his departure. Him obviously more so, but they are still both affected by his service. Is that an acceptable comment to you?
    Apples and oranges, imo. I didn't disagree with it being kind of stupid to say, I even stated I wouldn't say it like that. It's just.. I don't see the issue. I feel like I didn't give you an adequate enough response, let me edit:

    It's a bit silly to say, as it sounds like the male is pregnant, but if the male of the relationship feels that way, let him say it. Just like people say "WE didn't win the football game." When they don't even play, they just watch.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSkald View Post
    it's semantics. it's not that important

    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    I love how your name is "Useless", and your avatar says "Canada" in it.
    LOL GET IT?

  5. #45
    Banned Reputation: 302

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Rainbow
    Posts
    1,073
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked315 View Post
    Apples and oranges, imo.
    The variables are different, but the concept is the same.

    I didn't disagree with it being kind of stupid to say, I even stated I wouldn't say it like that.
    I got that.

    It's just.. I don't see the issue. I feel like I didn't give you an adequate enough response, let me edit:

    It's a bit silly to say, as it sounds like the male is pregnant, but if the male of the relationship feels that way,
    Ok.

    let him say it. Just like people say "WE didn't win the football game." When they don't even play, they just watch.
    No.

    Now that is apples and oranges.

    This.
    You can't wholeheartedly try to persuade me to agree with you and then just say "it's not important." If it was important enough to contribute discussion on why you feel differently than me, then there is some significance to you.

    I think we can both agree that the issue isn't of massive, Godly importance, but I don't think threads should be limited to only "massive, Godly importance" topics. There are plenty of lackluster threads on this forum, not conducted by me.

    It has enough significance to discuss, debate, and think about. We're on page 5, after all.

  6. #46
    $$$
    Guest

    Default

    what's to debate tho? dudes don't get pregnant. so if a bro says he's pregnant, he's wrong. that's it, right?

  7. #47
    やめてください! Reputation: 296
    Orpheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    9,676
    Rep Power
    19

    Default



    WE ARE PREGNANT.

    Serious though, it doesn't bother me as much as sports fans saying "we won!".

  8. #48
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 176
    Wicked315's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Florida.
    Posts
    7,828
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Essentially, Skald.

    This isn't even an argument, this is him or her saying "No. You're wrong, I'm right." When there is nothing to declare wrong or right, as it's been made clear that we're on the same page. I was merely saying let people live their life, focus on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    I love how your name is "Useless", and your avatar says "Canada" in it.
    LOL GET IT?

  9. #49
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 605
    Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hitman Victor
    Posts
    6,208
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hian View Post
    If somebody feels offended by what I just wrote, they too can go to counseling and consume a box of tissues crying about it. I don't care either way.
    The "purity" of Language is more important to you this way?
    See, I agree that it's silly sounding, but it says something about a person to throw a fit, because someone else dared to say something silly. If you are offened by the fact that another person says something silly in your presence, isn't that more obnoxious compared to the "crime of inelegant wording".

    Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    Serious though, it doesn't bother me as much as sports fans saying "we won!".
    That's just, like the worst eva, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    We're on page 5, after all.
    Sounds like much, but it's just that the other threads on the front page are pretty much all completely meaningless unfunny non-sequitur spamfests.
    Last edited by Ronin; 06-15-2014 at 02:29 PM.

    Stay frosty.

  10. #50
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 170

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Were on page 5! Of people saying I have an opinion, but the subject doesn't matter.
    I could rant about how stupid this is and really want to but I am trying to spend my time more constructively.

    Now to go watch the latest extreme koala mma video.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •