Shroud of the Avatar - Sequel to the success game Utlima Online

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Default Shroud of the Avatar - Sequel to the successful game Utlima Online

This game is looking very promising due to it being almost a sequel to ultima online.

The developer has raised over $4 million for the development which is awesome and means it's going to be the best it can be!

Give the following a read and watch the video.

If you decide to back the game then please feel free to put me as a referral "dermatol"

Journey to the world of Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues, a computer role playing game created by Lord British (aka Richard Garriott), creator of the genre defining Ultima series of computer games, Starr Long, director of Ultima Online, and Tracy Hickman, author of the Dragonlance series. It combines rich story, like those of the single player Ultimas, with deep and varied multiplayer experiences, like Ultima Online.

Players will adventure in an interactive world where their choices have consequences, ethical paradoxes give them pause, and they play a vital part in weaving their own story into the immersive world and lore surrounding them. Play options will include solo, friends only, or open multiplayer via the Selective Multiplayer system. Players can specialize in a wide range of combat and non-combat skills, provided by a robust, classless skill system, and full-featured crafting and housing mechanics.

Shroud is crowd funded and that allows the developers to work directly for, and with, the player, versus working for a large publishing corporation. Shroud is also crowd sourced so players can submit Unity compatible content (art, sfx, music, world building, etc). Once submitted content is approved the submitter can choose to be compensated in real or virtual currency.

Built using the Unity Game Engine, Shroud of the Avatar will support Win/Mac/Linux for official launch at the end of 2014. Backers gain early access at the end of 2013.
    Last edited by Dynabol; 06-14-2014 at 09:11 PM.

Phantom's Freak Reputation: 69

Hell yeah that looks really interesting although the combat does seem a little slower.

Will be keeping up with this, thanks.

Diddy Kong's Boxers Reputation: 41

Has nothing to do with bending go home Shroud of the Avatar you're drunk ._.

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

runescape?

Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 70

Quote Originally Posted by flippers View Post
    runescape?
    No. Go home and hang yourself: https://www.everquestnext.com/home

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next, FFXV, KH3 Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

Quote Originally Posted by Showy View Post
    Hell yeah that looks really interesting although the combat does seem a little slower.

Will be keeping up with this, thanks.
    No problem, glad to inform you.

Combat is in a very basic build at the moment, remember that the game is currently in pre alpha.

You can play the game every 2 weeks or once a month when they bring out new releases if you pledge/back the game.

http://eu.alienwarearena.com/takeove...pledge-upgrade

Also, Alienware are currently doing a promotion that gives you a $20 pledge, this does nothing to your account but what it does do is make the $45 pledge cheaper ($25) Which gives you early access to the game. Or you can use it to upgrade an already existing pledge to a higher one.
    Last edited by Dynabol; 06-14-2014 at 08:47 PM.

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Yeah, I have been following this game for a while now. I really don't expect them to launch at the end of this year though. At least not an entirely polished game.

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    Yeah, I have been following this game for a while now. I really don't expect them to launch at the end of this year though. At least not an entirely polished game.
    Indeed, it wont be completely polished but they will be releasing a version that will be online 24/7.

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Quote Originally Posted by Dynabol View Post
    Indeed, it wont be completely polished but they will be releasing a version that will be online 24/7.
    I would rather have them delay the official launch for a while; first impressions are important and like you said, the game currently looks and feels like a pre-alpha. Well, still half a year to go though, they might end up surprising us.

Man, I've been missing a game with a good housing system for quite some time now.

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 45

I pledged during its beginning.
    I have had a lot of fun running about in the early stages being able to experiment with loot, buying, selling, making, creating and by using all the grand houses, packing loads of furniture madly was/is great fun.

The physics of AI in game play needs a lot more work especially in battle areas. I'm liking the idea behind travel and its good to see things being changed for the better, each time its improved, Its also good to play in the games bare bones build that's normally experienced by the developers before even any thought of alpha's introduced..
    I must admit though I'm only for pledging for shroud of avatar as its Lord British, I've slowed it up to put a stop to my pledging, kickstarters and early access crap! due to most of games pledge not even bothering to do anything at all once funded, leaving you in the dark for ages and ages, or just plain left you for dead.
    The Shroud Of Avatar and Star Citizen seem to be the only 2 honest pledges out there and the only ones I've made that are working, these, I can recommend.

The "others" you may as well throw your money down the drain or least go out and give it to someone who needs it.
    Last edited by DarkLight; 06-15-2014 at 01:26 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast