"OMG, not another MOBA."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 168

Default "OMG, not another MOBA."

It's retarded how people on MMORPG forums and Youtube comments are like, "not another MOBA." Yeah, imagine if we said that about every ****ing MMORPG, every racing game, every fighting game, every shooter game, every... are you getting the pattern here? All the same foundation, all the same structure, just different concepts and takes on the games genre, which potentially make them better!

Look at how many WoW clones there are, and yet there are still games like RIFT which are doing very well!

Just accept that MOBAs are one of the largest game genres in the world right now, and the market is entirely new. Why would gaming companies just sit back and say, "Eh, LoL and DOTA2 are making millions upon millions of dollars a year, but why make a game like that, lets just make another WoW clone."

Anyone who has the confidence to be so ignorant to whine and say "not another MOBA", or "why are they making more MOBAs", was clearly depreciated of intelligence as a child. It's the same as saying, "why make money?", "why add more options to play for a brand new genre of game?", "why try to join in the largest growing game genres in the world?"

You may not have the patience to learn the game in order to have fun, you may have never played and didn't like the look of it, and you may have played, perhaps enjoyed, and then decided it sucks (there are a lot of former Maple Story and Runescape fans here). That is all right! But stop these ignorant one line posts trying to stop video game developers who are trying to give us more options besides LoL or DOTA2. You might not like MOBAs just because of those two games! Why wouldn't you want more games in the genre which have a style of gameplay you enjoy!

Just because it comes from the same foundation, the same structure, and has to follow the same bit of rules to be considered a MOBA, it does not mean it is the same game!
    Me, Me, Me, GF |&| Me! D;!

Playing Dawngate, LoL, and DFO

You can join my Minitroopers army!

Don't you dare quote me!

Don't you dare Rep me neither!

I don't want your petty influences upon my soul!

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

But they do keep making games that follow the WoW style and the games that came before it. And we got sick of that and that's understandable so why not for MOBA's? There has been a lot of them and it kind of just feels like we are all just waiting on the next big style change wave (although I will say, Orcs Unchained looks fun as hell).

Then again we get sick of everything. We got tired of Playerworld style games, 2D Side Scrollers, DFO clones, Action games, Diablo Style Games, RO Style Games, etc. We compare them all and complain, that's just how we do man and we've done it for years.
    "Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Two Things about the "Another MOBA" Flames :

1. Recently a lot of Moba Games came out like Bunnybabys. Most of them are just Garbage but the Creators just want to hop on the "its In" Train.

2. Most Moba Communities are the pure Horror, mostly because that Genre is packed with younger People ( 10 - 16 Yrs) and we all know the Youth of today.

I never liked Moba Games, i still dont know what the Letters stand for and i even dont care. I tried once LoL for about a half Day and the Chat was full of Strong Words.

Never again.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 72

OH NO NOT ANOTHER MOBA THREAD

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 43

Its not retarded at all, when developers just keep putting out new MOBAs that really dont innovate at all just same thing with different skin, i'd say it pretty much deserves "Not another MOBA" reaction. Now if its something new then i wouldn't say that, like cyphers online that is actually pretty fun and different. I dont want more chess games with different skin, i want more innovative chess games. Thats my opinion on the whole matter, and other than that.. who cares really just ignore. As Kashis said, same thing with WoW clones when there were tons of mmos just like it, this is no different.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Not another multiplayer online game...
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Rock Man Reputation: 32

Not another game...

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Not another...

Arri's Animal Reputation: 133

ano..ther ga.me not moba..
    LeagueofLegends-ChuckleButt

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 141

COMBO BREAKER!

I quite enjoy Smite. I've played a couple of these moba's, including all the top dogs, but Smite is the only one I have actually found enjoyable.
    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast