What's your opinion on Elsword, Elsword players? I'm giving it a try.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

Default What's your opinion on Elsword, Elsword players? I'm giving it a try.

So, I decided to try and play Elsword. I used to play GetAmped 2 when I was bored and wanted to play some quick action fighting game. I'm not really a fan of 3D beat-em-ups like Vindictus, C9, Dragon Nest, ArcheBlade, and the like. I may be completely wrong about them (as I actually hope), but they seem like the kind of game where you play as some pre-made character (which is fine) and basically just mash on the left and right mouse button and hotkeys until all enemies in the dungeon are dead, and I prefer to play a fighting game that requires a bit more thought-process or at least some caution.

I liked GetAmped 2 because while the combat controls were simple, the combat felt very challenging, and it was very important and rewarding to know how to get a good combo going on someone and when to manually block. A simple block or attack interruption could turn the tide of a good fight. Even the PvE in instances were challenging with a group and required caution and skill, and were nearly impossible to beat alone.

It was also easy to tell fast attacks apart from strong ones, and it was easy to flow into a combo and tell WHEN to use fast attacks, and WHEN to use strong attacks. There were many fights where I beat players with powerful accessories while all I had were sneakers, simply because I knew when and how to get a lengthy combo going, when to launch and juggle with a strong attack, and actually manually blocked attacks, and paid close attention. I also appreciated how the combat kept itself from being too flashy, unlike most action MMOs.

All that being said, I got burned out on GetAmped 2, especially since it suffers from a lot of balance issues (manual guarders Vs. auto-guarders and OP premium accessories, mainly). [DASH]I was going to try Rumble Fighter, but apparently it got shut down like a month ago.[/DASH] Actually, there IS Rumble Fighter Evolution which I may try, but for now, I'm trying Elsword.

So far, it's kind of what I'm looking for, and IS charming, but I don't really like how the attacks feel. I assume it gets easier to perform combos later in the game, but right now, it's like I have all these different types of attack moves, and I don't know why I would use one attack chain over another, except that some attacks tend to launch the enemy forwards or into the air, which would be great if I could actually hit them mid-air.

Also, I don't entirely like that I can't block. It's not a big issue, but it's just something I kind of prefer.

I don't really like how I can't remove all the arrows and shit floating around my character, but again: Mostly just a nit-pick, and something I hardly let distract me in the heat of combat.

My biggest gripe about the game so far, is that it feels...just a liiiiitle bit cluster****-y at times. Now with there being several enemies on the screen, this is understandable, but at some points when playing with others, it kind of felt like combat went from being about trying to carefully clear the stage of all enemies while trying to get hit as little as possible, to basically crowding into one little spot, and mashing on the attack keys until all enemies in that small area were cleared.

Now, of course, I will recognize that I am still very early in the game, and that PvP is most likely different. I will also admit that the game feels vaguely addicting to some extent and very charming. If anyone wants to share their experience with it and give their opinion, well that's what I am looking for.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 22

I skimmed this because it's an unnecessarily long post. You seem to have your own opinion of what you want already so I am not sure why you are looking to others to help you find resolve in what you are doing. (I know that is the point but why in the world would someone rely on the opinions of others when they already have their own is beyond me.)

Combos do not get easier to perform later on and especially in PVP. You'll be smashing your keyboard to do combos because they are honestly long repeatable chains. Elsword doesn't let you time your combos with animations you do them or you lose flow end of the story.

You cannot just Z.Z.Z.<<>..repeat you have to ZZZ<<>repeat, as in even a slight pause will ruin your combos.

Elsword is a PVP game, that is where its light shines. It's PVE is a joke, it's easy, repetitive, and not a challenge as long as you progress normally. Quite frankly, if a 3D action game isn't your thing I doubt Elsword is.
    Pride is a wonderful trait.

Ho ho! On the contrary, I'm really enjoying it now, ESPECIALLY the PvP! But yeah, I have my own opinion. Honestly, I just wanted to talk to some people who hopefully have played it just for the sake of talking, but excuse me for poorly executing a conversation.

Right now, I'm playing as Raven, and I'm starting to get the hang of how to string attacks together, and I friggin' love playing as this character. Being so close-range, requiring so much skill and timing, and thank....GOD, that I chose GI over EB! GI works wonders for combos.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 52

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnoh View Post
    I skimmed this because it's an unnecessarily long post. You seem to have your own opinion of what you want already so I am not sure why you are looking to others to help you find resolve in what you are doing. (I know that is the point but why in the world would someone rely on the opinions of others when they already have their own is beyond me.)

Combos do not get easier to perform later on and especially in PVP. You'll be smashing your keyboard to do combos because they are honestly long repeatable chains. Elsword doesn't let you time your combos with animations you do them or you lose flow end of the story.

You cannot just Z.Z.Z.<<>..repeat you have to ZZZ<<>repeat, as in even a slight pause will ruin your combos.

Elsword is a PVP game, that is where its light shines. It's PVE is a joke, it's easy, repetitive, and not a challenge as long as you progress normally. Quite frankly, if a 3D action game isn't your thing I doubt Elsword is.
    Almost everygame is based on equips, and Elsword is no exception. If you're over equipped for a certain dungeon, then it's easy. Else it's not.

Elsword PVP is meh, based on equips as well. Though you can do well w/o equips if you're good enough, I play off and on. Best thing about Elsword is the community honestly. They make the game more fun than it really is. First thing I'd suggest you do when you play the game, is find a guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quote
    IPandawa was a minor god who came to power and joined the ranks of the twelve when she discovered a recipe for the perfect bamboo wine/milk.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

Fat Bowser Reputation: 22

Quote Originally Posted by Glace1221 View Post
    Ho ho! On the contrary, I'm really enjoying it now, ESPECIALLY the PvP! But yeah, I have my own opinion. Honestly, I just wanted to talk to some people who hopefully have played it just for the sake of talking, but excuse me for po.........

I see, it may have been better to leave out the part where you are giving it a try. I tend to believe that if you are having fun with a game then that player is beyond the "giving it a try," phase.

I only have opinions for the game in general. I quit the game due to the repetitive and irritations of the PVE content. I didn't quite like what PVP had to offer either but I did know why it was generally favored. Some content just has not HARD but really ANNOYING designs that make you wonder as a player why they are even there.

If anything, Elsword is one of those F2P games where the average player should try once.
    Pride is a wonderful trait.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 174

i still play this game off and on~ recently started being more active because hyper actives came out~ and I want to level my blazing heart to cap for the grendized secret gear.

the one black spot about the game would be the economy. current inflation is off the charts. all the money in the market and no other means to diminish it. rich get richer, while poor stay poor unless they hit the jackpot (in terms of IBs)

fun game overall~ hyper actives makes PvE much easier but also fun because the skills themselves are so flashy
    "When it comes to the past, EVERYONE writes fiction." -Stephen King

Funny enough, I was invited to a guild and joined it, but I'm concerned that it's a Spanish-speaking guild. That wouldn't be a problem, and may actually be kind of cool, if I were trying to learn Spanish.

I tried some of the PvP, and the arena mode is one of those things where you're randomly matched with people, so I got pwned two times in a row. I like the sparring mode, though. As far as PvE goes, so far, it's more enjoyable than in most MMOs...that's all I can really say about it.

Detective Kirby Reputation: 10

Fun game but too pay-to-win. Even if you have the money, it's simply not worth it. It's insane.

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 10

Like a lot of people here already mentioned, equipment plays a pretty big role in pvp in Elsword, though that's remedied for the most part once you get your pvp set through that one quest line. Just be sure to socket your equipment well, or you'll be at a major disadvantage against people who have 20%+ crit and attack speed ratings.

Also, if your planning on doing pvp then do your dailies, it'll reward you with a Mana Necklace after completing it 30 times (I think?), that thing is extremely crucial, hell it's even useful in pve. Just do it early. Might want to consider investing in a permanent costume set if you really like the game and want to maximize your stats as well. They have some socket slots you can shove your gems into for even more stats.

Other then that, it's a really fun game. I've been playing it on and off since 2007/08 to get my pvp fix and when I'm out of games to play. Lag can sometimes really spoil the fun in pvp though but that's a relatively minor complaint assuming you have a decent internet connection, have fun!

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 14

never did like the pvp in this game, far too p2w...

call me crazy but i miss windslayers fair balanced pvp =/
    Currently playing :Grand Fantasia(yet again...)

IGN: Neclord

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast