Anyone tried Black Gold Online?

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 10

Default Anyone tried Black Gold Online?

This game has recently peaked my interest. The fantasy vs. steam punk kind of thing seems interesting. What really drew me in is the selection of classes. FINALLY an mmo developer realized people want something other than Wizard, Warrior, Templar, Cleric, Archer to choose from.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone has played it and wondering what your thoughts are on this game. I imagine questing and combat are kind of a "been there done that" thing where there is nothing new really, but that is ok. I am more interested in knowing how its features are, if there is anything unique to it, how pve is, etc. Are their raids and awesome group dungeons/content?

Game Journalist Reputation: 394

The battle carrier PVP is incredibly fun, most of the time. (Battle carriers being dragons, mechs, etc...).

There was a decent portion of dungeon/instance content, as well as PVP content. PVE was bearable, but nothing remarkable. Dunno about it being awesome, however. I spent a majority of my time playing in the PVP, and did the bare-minimum of PVP to level and whatnot, with some rare instancing.

Combat is decent fun, in my opinion. But only if you turn on the third-person action combat mode.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[7/23]----------(Now recruiting for ArcheAge!!!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 23

OB in 2 days will try again if there are EU servers. The lag in CB was CRAZY HIGH. The game it self seemed pretty average nothing to write home about, but we will see I give all MMOs 2-3 chances before coming to a final conclusion

42 Reputation: 10

yea playing from EU lag was insane and not very enjoyable.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 10

Haha yeah I expect it is "average" because what f2p game is truly revolutionary. But as long as it can boast solid gameplay mechanics, I might be able to find it interesting enough to play. I am mostly excited for the classes. The spectromancer or dark priest, whatever it is called and the geomancer look interesting. I hate that no mmo's today can put any other freakin class than traditional junk.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I'm not big on Black Gold, I'm more an eye-candy guy. If it looks good, it'll keep me entertained for a while. Content comes second to me - sometimes. For example, Black Gold - I absolutely despite it's combat system and how disengaging combat can be. Huge disconnect there. I stopped downloading the beta last night while watching YouTube videos of it. I just have this innate feeling that a certain game lacks this kick or umf that it needs to succeed. Blade & Soul has that for me in every sense of the word.