If I were to pay for a sub...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

Default If I were to pay for a sub...

Hey y'all, I was wondering... Well more or less stuck in a debate, I am looking for a new MMO to play and I have come down to 3 choices and they are all p2p.. But I was wondering which one I should sub into! Some detail would be nice.. My choices are FFXIV, ESO, Wildstar... They all look pretty good, but I am not sure which one should get the sub.. Whats the population like in these, the skill required to play them, friendly communities? Any info to help me decide would be great, thanks in advance! Any Non p2p games would b nice too...

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 98

Quote Originally Posted by honed View Post
    Hey y'all, I was wondering... Well more or less stuck in a debate, I am looking for a new MMO to play and I have come down to 3 choices and they are all p2p.. But I was wondering which one I should sub into! Some detail would be nice.. My choices are FFXIV, ESO, Wildstar... They all look pretty good, but I am not sure which one should get the sub.. Whats the population like in these, the skill required to play them, friendly communities? Any info to help me decide would be great, thanks in advance! Any Non p2p games would b nice too...
    Wildstar is new and the developers really do care. The combat is nice, it has a lot of difficult end-game content, and its a very seamless open world MMO. It has good PVP including Open World PVP and a very competitive atmosphere between the 2 factions.

It costs $60, but you could potentially get a 25% discount. The game also has a CREDD system which basically is a system that allows people to pay real money for an item that adds 30 days of game time and can be bought in game by other players for gold. By the time you cap out (which should take 1-2 weeks), you should have enough to get 1 CREDD already.

If you work hard, it shouldn't be hard to fund your subscription just from playing. ^^
    Playing: World of Warcraft (Area 52 Horde)

Waiting for:

GTA 5 PC (Pre-Ordered)
    Everquest Next

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 12

World of Warcrack, its the best SUB game you can SUB to, with so so so so so so so so so so so so much content.

And I think everyone agree that Warlords of Draenor will be the best expansion for WoW in long time.

I also like Wizard101, but thats me.

BTW
    FFXIV, ESO, Wildstar all will be free 2 play next year or so, they wont survive 2015, some big titles are coming out that will blow them out of the water.
    Last edited by Felore; 06-18-2014 at 02:15 AM.
    Nano.. Nano.. Nano..
    "NO MATTER WHERE YOU PLAN TO SPEND ETERNITY"

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 98

Quote Originally Posted by Felore View Post
    World of Warcrack, its the best SUB game you can SUB to, with so so so so so so so so so so so so much content.

And I think everyone agree that Warlords of Draenor will be the best expansion for WoW in long time.

BTW
    FFXIV, ESO, Wildstar all will be free 2 play next year or so, they wont survive 2015, some big titles are coming out that will blow them out of the water.
    Don't listen to this guy. He's just yet another WoW fanatic. All 3 of those games will do fine.. Base your judgement on anything BUT WoW.
    Playing: World of Warcraft (Area 52 Horde)

Waiting for:

GTA 5 PC (Pre-Ordered)
    Everquest Next

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Viney1 View Post
    Don't listen to this guy. He's just yet another WoW fanatic. All 3 of those games will do fine.. Base your judgement on anything BUT WoW.
    oh yeah... your Opinion must be true, because you dont like WoW...
    i can only agree, Warlords of Draenor will be great.

FFXIV, ESO, Wildstar are all okay.. sadly its a playstyle thing, you really need to decide for yourself in the end.
    Of those 3 i enjoy FFXIV the most, still playing it some times.
    Got to Veteran 10 in ESO and enjoyed my time there.

I also bought Wildstar, but i dont seem to enjoy it... something is really weird about it, idk.
    well, still free month till end of june... i'll see

Noone will be able to tell you which of them you enjoy the most.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

I use to play WoW way back in the day, I just find myself disliking blizzard for personal reasons.. but i havent gotten the chance to actually try any of the other titles i stated, i know they had their "beta weekends" n such but i am pretty busy threw out the week/weekend, but i do get some time just to sit at the pc n try to enjoy myself.. i've been playing diablo 3 but with the new patch and its "smart loot" the game has me very frustrated for a few reasons.. alot of my friends were hyped about it and wanted to play it but when the game only drops u bows/crossbows on every class, it gets annoying... on top of that when friends do play, they find set item upon set item upon set item.. and i get stuck with rare junky crossbows/bows on a witch doctor..... very very disappointing and frustrating.. >..< so i need a major break from that and to get back into an actual MMO... Last i played was Rift and that was way before the last expansion came out.. Does FFXIV have a sphere grid for leveling? does it auto stat or do u actually get to add your points as you level.. Wildstar game play looks interesting but im not to sure about the gfx.. Look like its cell shaded... >..< not much into those kinda gfx.. do any of them have a "trial" more than just a day or 2? with work and such trying to sit down at the pc sometimes just doesnt happen >..<

Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 52

FFXIV is great. I'm kinda picky about MMO's these days, but FF14 has sucked me in.

Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Brynhildr server), LoL (Zacewing, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 10

Lol to that one guy, wtf mmo is coming out in 2015 that is "big" and p2p? I know of like 3 with actual potential coming out, but they are not "big" at least not yet. And if he wants to play those games now, he has to buy and sub to it. Who wants to wait a year for the chance for it to be f2p lol? In a year I am fairly certain you can get 60 dollar box fee out of a game........

ANYWAY, FFXIV is a solid game, but only raising one or two jobs to 50 is fun. After that it just becomes a chore. And I will warn you, all ffxiv is is a gear grind. It's worse than you think. The only purpose of the hardest endgame content is to get the best gear as drops from it. Once you get the gear, then what? You just did the hardest content without the gear so.... nothing left for you to do really. Just wear it and run around while you wait for new content to be released, where you get the new latest gear again, then wait again. They are just going down this killer trap deeper and deeper and I believe if they don't start adding actual things to do they will suffer.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 22

Quote Originally Posted by Felore View Post

BTW
    LOL NO. I am not sure about ESO, but Wildstar and FFXIV will not be going F2P anytime soon. Actually it is a fact that FFXIV will never got F2P, Square Enix has never done it and they never will.

This guy does indeed sound like a WoW fanatic but putting that aside, I just had to address his awful prediction because it was merely just too much dumbassery in one post.

Last but not least do not subscribe to World of Warcraft, I advise you to hop on the BEST *cough* server available and see if you like what the game ALREADY OFFERS. If you don't, then the expansion isn't going to magically fix that.

If you plan on subscribing, Wildstar and FF14 are your best bet for an area that has a ridiculous amount of room to grow.
    Last edited by Sinnoh; 06-18-2014 at 09:01 AM.
    Pride is a wonderful trait.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

If I was willing to actually pay monthly for a game I'd go WoW most likely. The other P2P games simply aren't all that much better than those that used to be P2P but now are F2P (Aion, Rift, Tera, The Secret World).

I can see the charm in FFXI though, because it's more party-friendly than anything else you can find.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast