If I were to pay for a sub...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

+1 FFXIV

Elder Scrolls Online has all real 'gamers' in a hissy fit over how bad it is. Just watch Angry Joe's review of it and you'll be glad you didn't buy it.

WildStar seems pretty neat and is a bit untraditional but I personally do not think it will last and to be honest I do not like its style.

FFXIV.. I don't even like the Final Fantasy series but I know it is a great game because it has the same thing that made FFXI great, the players. FFXI thrived for almost a decade simply because fans of Final Fantasy liked it. Lots of those players were adults too, not the 13-19 teen age group that almost all AAA games seem to target. Now throw in the customization, the graphics, the gameplay, the music and everything else on top of the community. It is not going to die within the next five years, even if it sucked the fanboys/girls would keep it alive.

Final Fantasy is literally the Call of Duty of RPGs. People keep saying X game will die, Y game will be popular, etc but in truth Korean games haven't killed WoW, there's barely any polished MMORPGs worth mentioning and there are dozens of in-development indie MMOs that swear they'll be better than sex but none of them have delivered.

I kind of wonder how anyone can pay for a game like WoW. When they introduced pandas they played on kung-fu panda, a children's movie. As in they were trying to bring in children.. yet lots of immature adults play it.

Other than a few decent MMOs like FFXIV the current state of the MMO gaming world is absolutely sickening.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

who cares about the "imaginary intention" that Blizzard tryed to get kids with Pandaria... Pandaria was not the best Addon ofc...
    saying "dont ever play WoW its bad!!!" is just trying to be the cool guy who doesnt play WoW because Millions of people already do.

And because it has soooooo many People playing (which other Games will forever be dreaming of) there are also so many "immature" People.

WoW has alot of Content, especially if you like to run Dungeons and Stuff... its really easy to get into, and with the new Addon things will be better than Pandaria.
    I cant count how many times new MMOs got released and how many times i just returned to WoW, because it just has more to offer.

As i stated in my other Post, i would also say from those 3 Games just try FFXIV...
    But after reading Bawnawgwa 's Post about the gear grind, i can only agree.

Ofc, every MMO is a Gear grind of some sort but in FFXIV there really isnt much to do expect farming Gear.
    You would have way more Solo and "jump in and play" Content in World of Warcraft.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

I would say FFXIV or Wildstar.

I've only played both a minimum, but I did enjoy the time I put into them and they have interesting settings and features. ESO I played for a bit over a month, and it was fun to a point. However, there was just so many key Elder Scrolls features missing from the game that I couldn't get into it the way I could with Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim. So I ended up quitting. Those that stayed longer than me have also already quit or are thinking of doing so.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 92

Quote Originally Posted by Bawnawgwa View Post
    Lol to that one guy, wtf mmo is coming out in 2015 that is "big" and p2p? I know of like 3 with actual potential coming out, but they are not "big" at least not yet. And if he wants to play those games now, he has to buy and sub to it. Who wants to wait a year for the chance for it to be f2p lol? In a year I am fairly certain you can get 60 dollar box fee out of a game........

ANYWAY, FFXIV is a solid game, but only raising one or two jobs to 50 is fun. After that it just becomes a chore. And I will warn you, all ffxiv is is a gear grind. It's worse than you think. The only purpose of the hardest endgame content is to get the best gear as drops from it. Once you get the gear, then what? You just did the hardest content without the gear so.... nothing left for you to do really. Just wear it and run around while you wait for new content to be released, where you get the new latest gear again, then wait again. They are just going down this killer trap deeper and deeper and I believe if they don't start adding actual things to do they will suffer.
    ??? That's just how the current day MMO plays. You get to the end-game and fight the end-game bosses with a group of people. You gear up in order to beat whatever the end of the current content is, and then you've beat the gear/boss game until more content releases knowing full well the gear will eventually become obsolete after it got you there. It's not a mystery to anyone playing.

After that it's PvP, crafting, etc. which FF14 already has, and given more time may grow to include more.

It's a solid system but definitely boring the shit out of people including myself at this point. Gibb me more UO-styled MMO!
    bam pow bam

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

Thanks everybody for your input, i do appreciate it! the gear grinding thing is like most games tho isnt it? a friend of mine had said that the end game in FFXIV was terribly easy and not 2 much of a challenge, is this true? He has swapped over to Wildstar, gave me a friend pass.. going to try n see how it is but i am not holding my breathe, the gfx just seem to throw me off... + the class/race i wanna try sadly u cant pick together >...<

i can understand ESO bombing out n going to a f2p/sub model.. Just dont know exactly when that will happen.. i guess i will throw out there what kinda F2P MMos are there that have got some good hype? I use to play Rift when it was a sub game but with that latest exp that came out i have heard it changed everything... i havent really looked into it tho.

I am not trying to bash on WoW or anything but when they raised the lv cap above 60 n took away my ability to kill lowbie alliance it made me lose alot of interest... Im not 2 big on PVP, more or less like instanced dungeons n such..

Have/Tried Gw2.. Was fun for a bit but once u get to max lv n max crafting everything seems to just be repeating itself over n over... go here kill these now go here collect these, now again go back around this corner kill these n fill this next heart.. i remember first hearing about the game n them saying "the game wasnt going to be focused on grinding..." had me hyped >..< then fill these 15 hearts up in this map.. go to next map do same thing, so repetitive...

If anyone would like to pm me some indepth details of some MMos im more than happy to take the time to read them n take in others insights on them.. thanks again tho for all your input!

Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 70

Quote Originally Posted by Viney1 View Post
    Wildstar is new and the developers really do care. The combat is nice, it has a lot of difficult end-game content, and its a very seamless open world MMO. It has good PVP including Open World PVP and a very competitive atmosphere between the 2 factions.

It costs $60, but you could potentially get a 25% discount. The game also has a CREDD system which basically is a system that allows people to pay real money for an item that adds 30 days of game time and can be bought in game by other players for gold. By the time you cap out (which should take 1-2 weeks), you should have enough to get 1 CREDD already.

If you work hard, it shouldn't be hard to fund your subscription just from playing. ^^
    Still waiting on medics being able to heal engineers that use the repair bot. Also chat settings.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next, FFXV, KH3 ∑ Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 43

why shouldnt you be able to kill lowbie alliance in wow ? just join a pvp server and grind'em suckers lol

idk i picked wow as well.
    wildstar was just plain terrible ( i totally didnt enjoy it at all. all you are doing from some point on is watching the squares on the ground ignoring everything else ...), eso boring as f*ck.
    FFXIV i enjoyed the most but the all-in-one character set always puts me off because you are basically looking at the same toon for repeated low lvl stuff, furthermore ffxiv forces you to do said low lvl stuff at least 2 times to get to 1 advanced class thats just plain terrible. the other thing i dont like about FFXIV is that it doesnt have enough spells. you worked your ass off to get to (lets say) black mage and all you get is a wopping 5 new spells.... w00h00 -.-
    apart from these little thingies ffxiv felt the most atmospheric out of ffxiv, eso and wildstar
    Kritika Online
    Server: 보야카 - Guild: Guardians

Finster - Shadow Mage | Funken - Mystic Wolf
    Blutig - Crimson Assassin

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Why would anyone even consider playing a subscription based game when Archeage is free yo?

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by cotas View Post
    Why would anyone even consider playing a subscription based game when Archeage is free yo?
    i didnt think the game was out yet? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Unplayed View Post
    why shouldnt you be able to kill lowbie alliance in wow ? just join a pvp server and grind'em suckers lol
    yes i had forgotten but pvp servers are fun n all. As of lately i have fallen off in the pvp aspect of games, my button mashing skills have diminished due to having to mash buttons for 40hrs a week at work >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Unplayed View Post
    FFXIV i enjoyed the most but the all-in-one character set always puts me off because you are basically looking at the same toon for repeated low lvl stuff, furthermore ffxiv forces you to do said low lvl stuff at least 2 times to get to 1 advanced class thats just plain terrible. the other thing i dont like about FFXIV is that it doesnt have enough spells. you worked your ass off to get to (lets say) black mage and all you get is a wopping 5 new spells.... w00h00 -.-
    apart from these little thingies ffxiv felt the most atmospheric out of ffxiv, eso and wildstar
    could u give me a little more detail about ur exp in FFXIV?

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 5

I've played ESO, Wildstar, and FFXIV. I still currently play FFXIV and have been since launch. I'm probably pretty biased towards it so you might need some more opinions.

FFXIV is by far my favorite MMO I've ever played. The only other MMO I've played for as long as this was WoW and I really regret it.
    The game starts off very slow like many other games, but greatly improves in the later levels. In the beginning you pick your main class and that dictates what city you start in. At level 10 once you complete your class quest you can become ANY class and use certain skills from each class you level up. Leveling is pretty easy and there's a bunch of different ways to get XP, such as FATEs and dungeons being the most popular; you also have your hunting log and guildhests to do as well. The duty roulette randomly selects a dungeon, boss fight, or guildhest for you .The Duty roulette offers rewards such as extra XP and Tomes for end game gear. As people have stated, one character can level every class. I personally like this. Once you get your first class up high enough, any class lower than your main class will gain 50% extra XP. The game does have Pvp, but I haven't quite delved into yet, because frankly I haven't cared to. I'm waiting for Frontlines which comes out next month. Frontlines is like a 72 man battleground that is something like capture the flag in a way. The games strong point is its music and nice enough community. Yes, occasionally you will run into some assholes every now and then, but most of everyone is mature and enjoys playing. If you start playing my tip is to find a good Free Company(Guild) to play with and your experience will be maximized. Most of the end game is gear grinding, but honestly that's most MMOs these days. The Primal fights are extremely fun, yet extremely tough and require a good group to complete. Look up a video of Titan Extreme mode on youtube. The game is constantly being updated. Big patches were promised every 3-4 months and so far they have delivered. I have faith in Yoshida on this game's future because he has done a wonderful job. Ninja and rogue were announced at E3 so they will come probably some time in October or November. Gold Saucer apparently isn't too far away either. Content is constantly being added, more frequently than any game I've played. The game is only 30 bucks plus a free month, you're not losing too much just for that so I say it's worth a shot. Most single player games don't last you 30 days. I do have to agree about the lack of variety in spells though, I do wish there were more to choose from so there is a more diverse play style for each class across different people.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast