If I were to pay for a sub...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #21
    Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 44
    firemonk98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    240
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by honed View Post
    Thanks everybody for your input, i do appreciate it! the gear grinding thing is like most games tho isnt it? a friend of mine had said that the end game in FFXIV was terribly easy and not 2 much of a challenge, is this true? He has swapped over to Wildstar, gave me a friend pass.. going to try n see how it is but i am not holding my breathe, the gfx just seem to throw me off... + the class/race i wanna try sadly u cant pick together >...<

    i can understand ESO bombing out n going to a f2p/sub model.. Just dont know exactly when that will happen.. i guess i will throw out there what kinda F2P MMos are there that have got some good hype? I use to play Rift when it was a sub game but with that latest exp that came out i have heard it changed everything... i havent really looked into it tho.

    I am not trying to bash on WoW or anything but when they raised the lv cap above 60 n took away my ability to kill lowbie alliance it made me lose alot of interest... Im not 2 big on PVP, more or less like instanced dungeons n such..

    Have/Tried Gw2.. Was fun for a bit but once u get to max lv n max crafting everything seems to just be repeating itself over n over... go here kill these now go here collect these, now again go back around this corner kill these n fill this next heart.. i remember first hearing about the game n them saying "the game wasnt going to be focused on grinding..." had me hyped >..< then fill these 15 hearts up in this map.. go to next map do same thing, so repetitive...

    If anyone would like to pm me some indepth details of some MMos im more than happy to take the time to read them n take in others insights on them.. thanks again tho for all your input!
    So you don't like WoW because they added too much new content and now you're too weak to kill any of the other players your level? Because that's how I interpreted that.

    In all honesty though, I wouldn't waste my money on either of those three. WoW is the way to go if you actually want to get the most bang for buck despite having to pay another 60 each year.

  2. #22
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 253
    HamsterMascot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hamsterville
    Posts
    12,746
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Felore View Post
    World of Warcrack, its the best SUB game you can SUB to, with so so so so so so so so so so so so much content.

    And I think everyone agree that Warlords of Draenor will be the best expansion for WoW in long time.

    I also like Wizard101, but thats me.

    BTW
    FFXIV, ESO, Wildstar all will be free 2 play next year or so, they wont survive 2015, some big titles are coming out that will blow them out of the water.
    Look. Eso and Wildstar could go F2P, but to FFXIV. They'd sooner close down then actually go F2P, next to that each server has about 20k-30k and some over 30k and there are more then 60 servers.

    Let's have some fun math (going by average amount):

    $13*15.000= 195.000,00
    $195.000 * 66 =12.87000,00

    So they bring in almost 13mil a month. In terms of mmo's that's HUGE and because it's a monthly this will be their steady income. And ofcourse I'm going for active service accounts, not characters made on a server. They literally earn enough to pay their department, create content AND have a shit ton of money left for extra side projects that could make it into the future of FFXIV.

    Wildstar itself isn't bad either, though. The only bad thing is that it's literally just a PvP game. The PvE is plain boring, and the pvp already starts on lvl6. A lot of people that do play WoW atm will go to Wildstar for this reason, cause it's more clean then WoW and Warlods of Draenor is just a sad attempt of getting back their player base, with only throwing in some reskins. They screwed up WoW after The Burning Crusade.
    [annoying sig]

  3. #23
    Fat Bowser Reputation: 10
    honed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    198
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firemonk98 View Post
    So you don't like WoW because they added too much new content and now you're too weak to kill any of the other players your level? Because that's how I interpreted that.
    had nothing to do with 2 weak, i just disliked the content that came out after, i retired my playing after Burning Crusade, Tried after Lich King, Still didnt enjoy it, then pandas came n kinda killed it for me.. maybe when the next expansion comes out i might give it another look, unless they decide to raise the level cap again... not much into working up there for them to raise it again and again and again and again...

    Quote Originally Posted by HamsterMascot View Post
    They screwed up WoW after The Burning Crusade.
    i do agree with what mascot has said tho ^___^
    Last edited by honed; 06-18-2014 at 08:56 PM.

  4. #24
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    794
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elion View Post
    ??? That's just how the current day MMO plays. You get to the end-game and fight the end-game bosses with a group of people. You gear up in order to beat whatever the end of the current content is, and then you've beat the gear/boss game until more content releases knowing full well the gear will eventually become obsolete after it got you there. It's not a mystery to anyone playing.

    After that it's PvP, crafting, etc. which FF14 already has, and given more time may grow to include more.

    It's a solid system but definitely boring the shit out of people including myself at this point. Gibb me more UO-styled MMO!
    I suppose they have added housing and stuff since I quit, which offers more to do. Especially because if I heard correctly, housing costs your soul anyway. AND it is a common system in mmo's, but like you it bores me. It is fine to do endgame stuff for gear and junk, but give it a little more purpose. Not to get it and wait lol. That was the main reason I quit. And at the start of the game they didn't have the pvp, housing, gardens, etc... So I mean... gear collecting was literally ALL you could do.

    I may go back to it, especially cuz that new gunman class/job is coming after update 2.3 (along with thief/ninja). But would like them to have real things to do. FFXI has a seemingly endless list of things to do... it is rather daunting actually lol. I know it is much older, but they should have tried to get it closer to that level to prevent players from getting bored.

  5. #25
    Lockhartís are forever Reputation: 31
    Cripstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In a house, in my room.
    Posts
    396
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    FFXIV>WildStar>ESO
    Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/daeoc
    Come and stop by sometime, I stream mainly JRPGs, WRPGs, Shooters, Horror, MMOs, and MOBAs. Currently, the focus is on JRPGs with a mixed bag of everything else.


  6. #26
    Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 43
    Unplayed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,817
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by honed View Post
    could u give me a little more detail about ur exp in FFXIV?

    hmm i'll try to sum up the things i really liked and disliked.

    i liked:
    -the world is pretty nice and very atmospheric (it just feels really nice running around and exploring new things) and i totally like the art style
    -the game doesnt babysit you. you actually have to look around from where you get your quests. like the one thing i really remember was when i ran out of quests and i was pretty confused until i explored the territory on the other side of the city which had the "continueing side quests"
    -combat felt pretty luid to me
    -the crafting jobs were pretty fun.

    things i disliked:
    -instead of looking around for quests i just stopped doing this and did what everyone else does: grind those events till you are high enough to leave the zone --> zzZZzz
    -to get to the job you wanted ( for example black mage ) you had to lvl your first job and then you had to put up with lvling another job you didnt care about at all. this actually really annoyed me since it felt like : "YEEEEESS, i can finally jobchange to the awesome blackmage. oh wait, i have to jobchange to this stupid class i didnt even want to play, take off all my finally-ok-looking gear and start over at lvl 1 doing the same shit again i just escaped from."
    -when i turned BM i was a bit disappointed that i only got 5 new skills. dunno i finally became an awesome blackmage and then i only get 5 new skills. felt kinda dull to me :/

    always bringing the BM example because this class was the one i was looking for the most and somehow it felt pretty ... unfun ... to discover it wasnt THAT much different from the thraumaturge i played before, so if i would have wanted something else i would have to level another class PLUS the subclass (which i totally dont want to level. if i wanted to play an archer i would have started an archer ... )
    Kritika Online
    Server: 보야카 - Guild: Guardians

    Finster - Shadow Mage | Funken - Mystic Wolf
    Blutig - Crimson Assassin


  7. #27
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    794
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unplayed View Post
    -when i turned BM i was a bit disappointed that i only got 5 new skills. dunno i finally became an awesome blackmage and then i only get 5 new skills. felt kinda dull to me :/
    THIS. I couldn't find the emotions to express my utter disappointment and despair when I heard what the class/job thing would end up like.
    And they destroyed my bard. I wanted to be buffing/debuff support. Instead I got a next to useless debuff (elemental weakness to enemies....... so... that helps black mage. ONLY black mage......). Then we get a song to recover MP and TP. The ONLY times these come in handy is during long fights because recovery is so fast as it is. So there are like 2 whole long fights in the game where these songs are actually useful. I really could hardly stand how idiotic they made the bard (my favorite ).

  8. #28
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    6,807
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Combat, cross class skills, and general content is kinda lackluster. Crafting is good. Beautiful game and nice music but not enough to keep me interested in a sub.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis

  9. #29
    Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 45
    DarkLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,793
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Because your willing to pay subscription, I'd think hard what sort of enjoyment your looking for in a game. I like lots to do, not just kill bill.
    If I had a choice of being able to sub again without the thought of loss, it would be Ultima Online.
    It may take a lot of getting used to it graphically, but that's how it rolls. its the original, Its a very deep game and has all the little needs you may want and need to get you into a game. If you do find yourself into it, it becomes very easy to play. fluid even.
    If that's not your choice go for FFXIV this is also a very deep game and has very good game play just like Ultima Online there's lots to do other than the old kill bill.
    Another last one is AcheAge which is in the process of being finished for our audience out very soon. This has a sub or prem. & gives you a lot more rights than f2p joe, which will be me.

    Those are 3 very good choices in today's environment, if you like variety in gaming & not just the kill bill aspect, ones an old school original, the other two bring it into today, better graphics etc, All have great game play, good community's & make you want to play more of the game than just doing instances.

    Of course, you can wait.. and make another choice.. & that would be.. a game that's not made yet.

  10. #30
    Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 40
    PaperJedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wait were am I!? HELP!
    Posts
    1,785
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HamsterMascot View Post
    Wildstar itself isn't bad either, though. The only bad thing is that it's literally just a PvP game. The PvE is plain boring, and the pvp already starts on lvl6. A lot of people that do play WoW atm will go to Wildstar for this reason, cause it's more clean then WoW and Warlods of Draenor is just a sad attempt of getting back their player base, with only throwing in some reskins. They screwed up WoW after The Burning Crusade.
    Wiat what? have you even played WS? Like the PvE is the core of the game. And anyone that ctually played WS to max level and got to experiance the end game (or at least start it) would tell you the opposite of this comment. The PvP is trash and the PvE is excelent and has a throw back to Vanilla WoW with attuments n what not.
    Proudly spending your 2 cents.
    Moonies Plox!
    *Hunting person who invented Bit Torrent*

    Nothing like a awesome Dungeon Crawler
    Or a great First Person Shooter

    Playing WildStar: Class - Warrior Tank Human Exile



Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •