Firefall - Custom generated world quests system

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 447

Default Firefall - Custom generated world quests system

http://www.firefallthegame.com/news/...res-job-boards

Jobs On Demand

ARES Jobs are, at the most basic level, personalized ARES Missions. They provide on-demand narrative-driven content that is repeatable, but still dynamically generated to keep from getting stale. You obtain them from the aptly named ARES Job Boards which are located near the SIN tower in every major Point of Interest (with a few exceptions).
    ARES Job Boards are stocked with many unique jobs, each telling its own story, with some even being one part of a multi-mission epic. When you accept an ARES Job, the job system takes the story and gameplay elements of the job you have selected and then finds available spaces in the world for the mission to take place. This results in a few things. First, even if you and another person accept the same job at the same time and have the same objectives, they wonít necessarily happen in the same place. Even if you do share a space, the creatures and objectives necessary to complete your job are guaranteed for you. That means no running over each other trying to get those ten kills you need. Second, it means that if you accept the same job multiple times, it may not send you to the same places every time. These factors combine to ensure an experience that continues to deliver. ARES Jobs are built to reveal more of the story ofFirefall, and to introduce characters that youíll be interacting with throughout your journey. These jobs help to immerse you in the rich lore and story of*Firefall, while providing you with even more of*Firefallís*first-rate combat experience.
    The most exciting aspect of ARES Jobs is the impact they have on the way you experience the overall world of*Firefall*and interact with the NPCs and other players who populate it. They give us a way to guide you through the world in an intuitive and unobtrusive way. When you reach a high enough level such that you would be better off in a different zone, a mission will appear in the ARES Job Board that will lead you to that area in your own time. It also provides a tool for organically introducing you to new content such as ARES Missions or thumping, either through creating jobs that specifically lead you to these events, or letting you discover them on your own as you travel to the location of your next objective.*
    ARES Jobs also help to make the world feel more alive: in the current system, it is rare that you run into another player in the world by random chance. *ARES Missions take place in a number of predetermined locations, and dynamic events like tornados or crashed thumpers draw players to them in a predictable manner. ARES Jobs can happen anywhere in the world, and other players are not notified if you are in the area working on one. This means there are a lot more opportunities to stumble upon a player in the world working on their own little mission, helping the world feel less like a large open area with only a few isolated interesting zones, and more like a fully populated world where people live and work.
    In addition, the system attempts to place players completing related objectives in the same location, bringing strangers together through the narrative of their jobs. For example, you may be sent to an aranha-infested cave and told to exterminate as many of them as you can, and while you are working on your objective, another player shows up with his own job telling him to collect aranha eggs from their nests to bring back to a researcher. However, once youíve both completed your objectives and left the area, it becomes empty until another player gets a job that takes place there. The next time you pass that cave, there could be a completely different kind of activity happening there, meaning the world is always changing, and doesnít become a static map full of areas where a specific thing happens all the time.

Objectives that Grow With You

When you are first dropped off in Copacabana you are an unknown recruit, and the jobs you receive reflect this. You will get tasks such as helping a woman find her lost child or clearing out a skiver colony. However, as you gain experience and progress through the world, you begin to make a name for yourself and gain a reputation as a competent mercenary. As this happens, the missions you have access to get larger and more important, until eventually you have established yourself as a fully-fledged elite soldier and your jobs have you going toe to toe with the Chosen.
    ARES Jobs create more content in*Firefall*than anything youíve seen up to this point. There are hundreds of unique jobs, and you can progress a battleframe to max level entirely through ARES Jobs, or you can choose to blend your experience with campaign missions, ARES Missions, instances, PvP, and more, providing hundreds of hours of content. They also directly connect you to the story in a way that we havenít done before, with their multi-step sequential structure introducing you bit by bit to the residents of New Eden and the challenges that they face in their everyday lives.

Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 70

Do they force open world pvp?

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next, FFXV, KH3 ∑ Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

Warioís Bad Accent Reputation: 22

No, PvP was basically removed outside of some small arenas since they didn't feel like it was shaping up how they wanted it to. It will likely be implemented again (eventually) but you can avoid it basically 100% of the time now unless you want to participate in the events that sometimes pop up in those arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by sutasafaia View Post
    No, PvP was basically removed outside of some small arenas since they didn't feel like it was shaping up how they wanted it to. It will likely be implemented again (eventually) but you can avoid it basically 100% of the time now unless you want to participate in the events that sometimes pop up in those arenas.
    Guess I'll give it a try then. Probably better than Defiance.

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 40

please someone TELL me why this game so addicting? i spend like 1 am until 6 am plus! playing the game was going JUST check it out for few mins but after getting in to it! but it sucked me in lol xD!

mincro: i fucked twice then my brothers left me to die

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 11

Quote Originally Posted by GenjoSenpai View Post
    please someone TELL me why this game so addicting? i spend like 1 am until 6 am plus! playing the game was going JUST check it out for few mins but after getting in to it! but it sucked me in lol xD!
    So is it worth going back too?

I mean i read the forums occasionally, i played the game when it first released, obviously due to lack of content and the direction it went, threw me off completely.

But even the forums are blowing up about vets/donators and long-termers, quitting due to more ****ed up patches, constant wipes, etc etc.

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 40

Quote Originally Posted by Theotori View Post
    So is it worth going back too?

I mean i read the forums occasionally, i played the game when it first released, obviously due to lack of content and the direction it went, threw me off completely.

But even the forums are blowing up about vets/donators and long-termers, quitting due to more ****ed up patches, constant wipes, etc etc.
    to me it was lol but it depends on what its worth it to you or not best thing to do is to try it out again and see for your self i haven't play it over year plus when i came back dam ALOT has changed everything i known about it different/changed

mincro: i fucked twice then my brothers left me to die

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

I just went back and got myself a Bastion finally.
    ...What now O o'
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by ASNZern View Post
    I just went back and got myself a Bastion finally.
    ...What now O o'
    Get a Mammoth.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 8

just tried the game and It feels nice but somehow it is a big overload of everything oO

actually playing the game the first time and just beeing send trough the whole map without understanding anything at all is ... weird ...

after that "tutorial" i was thrown out without any character creation as whatever class without any info at all ... than some voice was brabling something until I found out to have "subtitle" in the upper right Corner ... still no Explanation at all just some random quests.

the the HUD i see i have more than 10k exp but no Level and nothing oO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast