RIP C9 / Webzen?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rock Man Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    Neither has any other free to play publisher (usually. With the only exceptions being enmasse, NCSoft, Trion)
    The three company you mention, I believe they are counter part of actual company's that developed some games, one from their counterpart Korean side. I think they are just split off versions for the western society. Well actually I'm not sure about enmasse, I think they are but I didn't really research their past since all I know was that their first game was is tera. I'm 60% sure Trion is a US base original company that develop rift. I'm 100% sure NCSoft is a original company that is split off for Korean company to expand to the west for games they developed, possibly other way around. Remembered the first game I played was City of Heroes from NCSoft.

In all reality Webzen was never popular. If they become worse there's no need for action just simply leave. The worst lesson a company can learn is that CUSTOMER have the choice to just leave and not say a word to help them improve. That'll just make them go down hill and possibly bankrupt. I recently joined Archlord 2 beta and man that beta is dead. So reputation is possibly already killing the company off and they even bought out gpotato which is surprising. Also I don't know about anyone else but I felt it was pretty obvious that the company didn't want to take advice from the community in the first place.

Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 51

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroleTheUntamed View Post
    It's funny, because when I saw a sneak preview vid of C9 years back I was super excited for a free movement game. Then never heard anything about it short of a few posts here and lost interest lol
    What does this have to do with C9?

C9 is still the most unique mmo I have ever played and it will always be I guess.

This combat system will never be topped by any other game, it's basically the 3d version of dungeon fighter online.

Blame webzen, but don't blame the game itself.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Quote Originally Posted by OTN View Post
    "I've got an important update:
    http://puu.sh/9yNvr/21427d4720.png
    Since making this video I fear I made the wrong people angry. I got Banned from the game only 9 hours later. Was fun guys, but I hope this shows what you're dealing with. I'm sorry I couldn't Finish that UG guide afterall"
    Typical corrupt playerbase-milking company. Now I've lost even more respect for Webzen.

Edit: Wow - this guy is a great video maker!

I loved the game's combat-system, but I only play extremely-popular games (like League... Guild Wars 2 wasn't popular enough for me) so that I don't have to see my game die. Which works for me, since the games I used to play competitively don't offer sponsored tournaments.
    Last edited by Phenoca; 06-19-2014 at 11:18 AM.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 93

Last time I remember Webzen, they never published SUN, Wiki, and Parfait station a long time ago. Not surprised they can't do their job right.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

Whelp, dodged a bullet with this game. I only got as far as character creation and the tutorial.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Glace1221 View Post
    Whelp, dodged a bullet with this game. I only got as far as character creation and the tutorial.
    Which is extremely sad because the game itself is stunning and worth your play-time.

This is the most realistic example of how a publisher can ruin any game no matter how unique it is. For example, hypothetically ofcourse, Black Desert chooses this publisher. We all know where that will go. I really WISH that a popular english mmorpg site picks this up and does what mmorpg.org.pl did. Then again, we have to acknowledge it is there game and they can really administrate it however they want, and technically ban someone for saying the f-word.

But, it's far more than that, and unfortunately only the players can notice, and not the public. This is why the company (w-word) stays so silent and anonymous all the time. AegisRick tried his best to let us know and I think he did his job. Far better than my video(s), (when I got banned).

e/ The game is not "ruined", but on the US server it is. Sea and EU are still active last time I checked, (of bots like usual, and players ofcourse!). But, the sad truth is (don't want to be rude) but I'm sure most of their population over at SEA don't really understand what's really going on, or maybe they just don't want to accept it.

If player's want to continue to play knowing that this type of company is behind the game, that's fine and dandy. Just not something I would want to invest anymore time into. And I believe it should be made aware that players KNOW about their game company before continuing to give them $. Nonetheless, investing thousands of hours into limbo..
    Last edited by OTN; 06-21-2014 at 02:37 PM.

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by darkness35 View Post
    Last time I remember Webzen, they never published SUN, Wiki, and Parfait station a long time ago. Not surprised they can't do their job right.
    They did but it was dead at launch lol I think i were only one who was at launch xD

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by turilas View Post
    They did but it was dead at launch lol I think i were only one who was at launch xD
    Sun Online, Artic combat, Archlord all were shutdown within a year I believe (Hell, it could of been even months).

What makes it even worse, my friend (Fiery Joseph) used to upload tons of gun review videos for the game https://www.youtube.com/user/FieryJosephReviews/videos

And once Artic Combat got shutdown, he went to Continent of the Ninth and that's how we became friends. He told me that w-word released a TON of Pay 2 Win guns months before it was shutdown. And he also told me other stuff like the population wasn't that bad, there was still a ton of people donating / etc, but that's mere heresay.

In any event, it boggles my mind that people have the audacity to support this company. How they are even a company still baffles me. Its either the top boss is hiring GM's who are clueless (Which is most likely true) or the CEO is clueless. I would want to imagine it's just the CEO hiring clueless GM's because if that were the case, games can still be saved. How do we let him know? Who knows. They don't care.

And if Pearl Abyss doesn't choose W-word we will KNOW DAMN well WHY. er.. or should I say WHEN.
    Last edited by OTN; 06-22-2014 at 06:12 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12