FFXIV - Lag fixed? (Red Circle of your still in it, put your outside)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Detective Kirby Reputation: 14

Default FFXIV - Lag fixed? (Red Circle of your still in it, put your outside)

Okay, there seem to be alot of FFXIV talk so i figure i ask.
    Back when the game started there was a problem with lag. Even if you had 40ms to the server there was a problem.
    You were outside the circle, but the game said: "Nope your still inside" .
    Did they ever get around fixing this issue?
    Also, how is the game now days? Is the community good? People still farming dungeons/raids?

Fat Bowser Reputation: 22

Quote Originally Posted by Sakri View Post
    Back when the game started there was a problem with lag. Even if you had 40ms to the server there was a problem.
    Also, how is the game now days? Is the community good? People still farming dungeons/raids?
    I have never had that issue tbh and I play with like 25 FPS. That issue seems to affect the few of the many. The community is strong, there are pretty much 5 digit players on most servers. They are overly serious in some areas but overall better than average. If there was a time to get into the game it would be right now :P
    Pride is a wonderful trait.

Well, from what i can remember , yes it effected some players and some it had no effect regardless of where you were. Europe, USA etc.
    Last edited by Sakri; 06-18-2014 at 10:29 PM.

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 23

What a good server to start on? I bought the game a while ago on steam and I've been thinking about trying it recently.

Rock Man Reputation: 31

Quote Originally Posted by Sakri View Post
    From what I remember they improved it for the harder fights like Primals, dungeons are still the same, although I've never had this problem. It might help you if you go by the end of the cast instead of the animation.
    Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/daeoc
    Come and stop by sometime, I stream mainly JRPGs, WRPGs, Shooters, Horror, MMOs, and MOBAs. Currently, the focus is on JRPGs with a mixed bag of everything else.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 10

Good mother of god... Titan.... I only had this issue in Titan. I wasn't lagging, but even if I got out of his landslide, nope... apparently I was still in it . I had to move out of landslide THE SECOND it popped up to avoid it. Then I looked like a noob who couldn't avoid landslides

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 5

When I first started playing at launch I had this issue, Even if I moved out when the cast bar wasn't close to done. I wasn't having any latency issues either so it was the game. Comparing now and then it has greatly improved. However, Like someone said, it doesn't matter if you dodge the animation. If that cast bar is charging and you're not out the second it gets to the end then you're gonna get hit.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 22

Quote Originally Posted by HoboFreedom View Post
    What a good server to start on? I bought the game a while ago on steam and I've been thinking about trying it recently.
    http://xivsoul.com/

That should help you decide which server to go on. It updates frequently and I can say the numbers were lower the last time I checked .

It shows the number of characters on each world.

If you had to HARD ESTIMATE THE NUMBER OF SUBSCRIBERS, you take the number divide it by 4, that should be a pretty decent estimate of actual individual accounts.

SE allows on average for players to have 8 character per world, and no person actually does that which is why it is a hard estimate.
    Last edited by Sinnoh; 06-19-2014 at 04:48 AM.
    Pride is a wonderful trait.

Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 70

Never had the issue, so I cannot comment on it. Sorry OP.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next, FFXV, KH3 Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

Yeah... Titan, f that boss! That was the biggest issue i had when i played. Sprint or no sprint, you were inside at all during ANY of his attacks you were toast. How did they improve it? Thinking of re-subbing just to give it another go again. I did have quite alot of fun when i played.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast