FFXIV - Lag fixed? (Red Circle of your still in it, put your outside)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FabianN's Fanatic Reputation: 70

Quote Originally Posted by Sakri View Post
    Yeah... Titan, f that boss! That was the biggest issue i had when i played. Sprint or no sprint, you were inside at all during ANY of his attacks you were toast. How did they improve it? Thinking of re-subbing just to give it another go again. I did have quite alot of fun when i played.
    Titan was not changed at all since 2.0 release. He's meant to be what he is:

Ifrit = DPS Check
    Titan = DPS and Lag Check
    Garuda = Lag Check (Hard / Extreme adds DPS Check due to her sister minions)

Hard modes of each are required to get your base relic. (After that, relic upgrades are easymodo.)

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: FFXIV:Heavensward, FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior · Saving For: An Epic Computer

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 87

At the start there was lag + design decision causing problem.
    Lag's not really an issue anymore on my side.

The design decision still is.
    That design decision is that damage is dealt based on your position when the cast bar finished, not your position as the attack animation finishes.

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 19

Litterly thousands of players have found ways to work around/with this issue.
    So I think the issue does not lie with the actual server but well... you.

The issue was that there was a build in 333ms delay, and also the way the skills worked was a bit weird sometimes, you have to be outside of the skill when the cast bar on the boss ends, and not when the animation ends, that is something most people still do not undertand.

But they have improved that 333ms delay on most primal/boss fights to a 100ms delay at most, so yes, there is some improvement.

Detective Kirby Reputation: 14

Well, this was about 6-7 months ago when the game came out i had these issue.
    Been playing a bit today and yeah, it has improved. Check boss cast bar, if you are outside when bar is still there you are okay. If he finishes your hit.

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 10

I play on Leviathan if you want to join me

I find the game quite active, have not personaly experienced lag

The community is awesome, always helpful and i havent met any rude players yet.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 293

it was because they did not expect so many people playing ... so they had to expand data centers and servers they change data centers and etc etc it got better but some people still got problems.
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Lockhart’s are forever Reputation: 10

I started back up a week ago.

The delay with enemy AoE/Cone attacks is much more efficient. I remember when I would get out of the way with plenty of time to spare, but would still get hit. Just as others have said, as long as you are out before cast bar completes then you will avoid.

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 92

Quote Originally Posted by Kitoshi View Post
    Litterly thousands of players have found ways to work around/with this issue.
    So I think the issue does not lie with the actual server but well... you.

The issue was that there was a build in 333ms delay, and also the way the skills worked was a bit weird sometimes, you have to be outside of the skill when the cast bar on the boss ends, and not when the animation ends, that is something most people still do not undertand.

But they have improved that 333ms delay on most primal/boss fights to a 100ms delay at most, so yes, there is some improvement.
    Exactly this.

While a very small number of people may have real lag issues to deal with, with the way the game is designed you just have to be out of the red circle BEFORE THE CAST FINISHES!!! If your body is still the slightest bit inside the circle as the cast finishes, you will be hit even if you think you were out, something that can be hard to tell when you're actively moving. Since this is reliable, it is not lag you can blame your problems on.

It's something you may need to adjust to though, since it's unlike a game like WoW where the visual attack animations are what you avoid. in FFXIV, it's being just outside the red circle when the cast finishes, regardless of animations.

Most notably in Titan when getting out of the progressively expanding plumes, you need a faster reaction to avoid these than most other mechanics in any MMOs. Be moving the moment they appear (or before) or it's very possible the cast finishes before you get out. If you're not mentally prepared to move for the next plumes to be casted (which are predictable) it's likely the amount of time before you start moving is increased and you might be on the outskirts of the plume effect as the cast finishes. It's much more healthy to look at a problem this way rather than "i was totes outside of that plume and it still hit me! laggy bullshittery! @$*&".
    bam pow bam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12