Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: F2P FPS Recommendation?

  1. #1
    Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10
    PoorGamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    4

    Default F2P FPS Recommendation?

    Does anyone have a F2P FPS recommendation? I like the idea of Planetside, but the way Planetside 2 is done is pretty poor and the maps force choke points instead of it feeling natural. I don't want stuff like Fallen Earth because I want to play a shooter or a shooter with RPG elements, not an RPG with shooter elements. APB would be excellent as well but it has been on the decline the past few years and it has lots of cheaters.



    Is there anything that's has really big teams and open maps like say.. 30v30 (or more) or something that's an MMOFPS, preferably in a Medal of Honor style that isn't dead and doesn't force questing?


    As usual there are a few games 'in the works' that seem to be what I am looking for but very few already released games.

  2. #2
    Roon's Rogue Reputation: 117
    coldReactive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    4,291
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    "Really big teams" and you ruled out planetside.

    gg, come back in 5 years. Or play Firefall. That's your only real option. (Press middle-mouse button by default to switch to first-person mode when not holding zoom-in weapons.)

    Only plays Magic DPS Classes, Healers and Machinist/Engineers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Balmung)
    Waiting On: FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior, RE:FFVII ∑ Saving For: New Computer

  3. #3
    Detective Kirby Reputation: 10
    amalager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    154
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PoorGamer View Post
    Does anyone have a F2P FPS recommendation? I like the idea of Planetside, but the way Planetside 2 is done is pretty poor and the maps force choke points instead of it feeling natural. I don't want stuff like Fallen Earth because I want to play a shooter or a shooter with RPG elements, not an RPG with shooter elements. APB would be excellent as well but it has been on the decline the past few years and it has lots of cheaters.


    Is there anything that's has really big teams and open maps like say.. 30v30 (or more) or something that's an MMOFPS, preferably in a Medal of Honor style that isn't dead and doesn't force questing?

    As usual there are a few games 'in the works' that seem to be what I am looking for but very few already released games.
    Mercenary OPS or if you want the BETA ones for the western market go for ZMR
    Pointblank
    Crossfire
    Tribes

  4. #4
    Roon's Rogue Reputation: 117
    coldReactive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    4,291
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amalager View Post
    Mercenary OPS or if you want the BETA ones for the western market go for ZMR
    Pointblank
    Crossfire
    Tribes
    Tribes: Ascend has RPG Elements? Lol.

    Only plays Magic DPS Classes, Healers and Machinist/Engineers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Balmung)
    Waiting On: FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior, RE:FFVII ∑ Saving For: New Computer

  5. #5
    Game Journalist Reputation: 95
    Abubakr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,588
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Have you tried playing Global Agenda?

  6. #6
    `Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 12
    Felore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,470
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Loaded, its fun.

    or what ever the game was

    that TF2 clone.
    Last edited by Felore; 06-19-2014 at 08:51 PM.
    Nano.. Nano.. Nano..
    "NO MATTER WHERE YOU PLAN TO SPEND ETERNITY"


  7. #7
    Pellet Eater Reputation: 31
    Cripstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In a house, in my room.
    Posts
    599
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Felore View Post
    Loaded, its fun.

    or what ever the game was

    that TF2 clone.
    Loadout?

    But uhh yeah Planetside 2 would be my recommendation. . I know it's not what you want, but I haven't really gotten into any other F2P big map ones.
    http://www.gameplank.tv/daeoc
    Come and stop by sometime, I stream just about every genre.

  8. #8
    Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10
    PoorGamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abubakr View Post
    Have you tried playing Global Agenda?
    Yeah, and it wasn't quite my cup of tea.



    I found what I was looking for.. Heroes and Generals! It's f2p, big natural feeling maps, weapons aren't gimped to force you to pay money and the combat is pretty fun. It's too bad I suck because my casual shooters have trained me to aim for the body instead of the head!




  9. #9
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Sounds like you want to play Defiance.

  10. #10
    McFox Sandwich Reputation: 12
    mandylion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Nederlands
    Posts
    473
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    if your comp can handle it I recommend planet side 2
    its a open world FPS with very good graphics

    3 factions
    tanks airplanes other things you drive around
    many weapon's and more

  11. #11
    Roon's Rogue Reputation: 117
    coldReactive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    4,291
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j0kes View Post
    Sounds like you want to play Defiance.
    My post was a joke post. OP wasn't looking for RPG-Based MMOFPS.

    Only plays Magic DPS Classes, Healers and Machinist/Engineers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Balmung)
    Waiting On: FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior, RE:FFVII ∑ Saving For: New Computer

  12. #12
    Lockhartís are forever Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    392
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mandylion View Post
    if your comp can handle it I recommend planet side 2
    its a open world FPS with very good graphics

    3 factions
    tanks airplanes other things you drive around
    many weapon's and more
    You didn't even read his post... How can you post an opinion without even knowing what he's looking for... I mean, his second sentence is exactly this "I like the idea of Planetside, but the way Planetside 2 is done is pretty poor and the maps force choke points instead of it feeling natural."

  13. #13
    Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 57
    Dave!Yognaught's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    950
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Go back to when S2 Games was good and play Savage 2 :O

    http://www.savage2.com/en/main.php

    While games are failing it is, still alive o-o

  14. #14
    Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 18
    Meowz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Still alive ? Last time i checked in there was 0 everywhere

  15. #15
    Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 57
    Dave!Yognaught's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    950
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meowz View Post
    Still alive ? Last time i checked in there was 0 everywhere
    Their's still an active community playing it regularly, at least last time i played early last week :o

  16. #16
    Roon's Rogue Reputation: 117
    coldReactive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    4,291
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave!Yognaught View Post
    Their's still an active community playing it regularly, at least last time i played early last week :o
    That doesn't mean there are active people. There was an MMORPG I played once that was basically a ghost town. When we started questing around, guilds suddenly came to our starting village in hopes to recruit us since the game was effectively dead. (And it wasn't Holy Beast Online, that game was deader than dead.)

    Only plays Magic DPS Classes, Healers and Machinist/Engineers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Balmung)
    Waiting On: FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior, RE:FFVII ∑ Saving For: New Computer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •