thinking of geting dreads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    There's only a few occasions where I've seen someone with dreads and not thought they were an asshole. So, I would say, don't do it. No one looks good with dreads (in my opinion), except for very rare occurrences.

You're going down a dark and slippery slope here. The argument could be applied towards anyone, and it's the same argument I've heard racist and bigots used, but slightly modified.
    It's funny because I know a guy who looks Jamaican with his dreads who is one of the most genuinely nice guys I know...Not that niceness is a virtue anyone cares about. This thread is funny.

Rock that funky rat nest
    Last edited by Glace1221; 06-20-2014 at 05:39 AM.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Quote Originally Posted by Glace1221 View Post
    It's funny because I know a guy who looks Jamaican with his dreads who is one of the most genuinely nice guys I know...Not that niceness is a virtue anyone cares about. This thread is funny.

Rock that funky rat nest
    As I said, there are a few occasions where people have dreads and I've not thought them an asshole.

Maybe it's just the part of the United States I live in, but a lot of the people I see with dreads nowadays are overweight, full of themselves, and like to start fights they can't win. In short, they're the typical slobs and/or bullies. It's like half the bullies (no matter their skin color) in high school think it's a great idea to get dreads in their twenties and carry on like they're still in High School. For that reason, dreads are kinda tainted for me. Whenever I see someone with them, at least in real life, I end up thinking, "Oh boy, here we go again..." and do my best to forget they exist.

But don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that everyone that gets dreads is going to be an asshole. Just like not everyone who wears their pants way lower than they should isn't going to be an asshole. However, a vast majority of them seem to be,
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

A vast majority of children I know will make (stupid) decisions without consulting anyone because they feel like it. Children (this includes teenagers) are animals of impulse.

Hence the reason a vast majority of people make decisions they regret as a teenagers - such as drinking and driving, getting into a fight, getting a stupid tattoo, etc...

But it's alright. Do whatever you feel like doing.
    There are some matters that warrant consultation. Hair Style isn't one of them. Worst case scenario- Duby looks like a jackass, but as long as he likes it, who cares? It really doesn't effect anyone and can be easily corrected.

If he decides to invade Poland or something we can worry about talking sense into him.

Heads or Tails Reputation: 10

Im not a asshole in real life in truth im very kind and nice. Im not violent and dont pick fights. But if it came to me defending my self i would. I just like dreads. Im tired of you guys calling me fat. Im still losing weight.
    Im not crazy you are crazy! Any ways you show me love i will show you love. Cant we just get along and some peace for once

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 567

Quote Originally Posted by Xenonight2 View Post
    western appropriation of non-western artifacts and authenticity isn't very cool

(Especially funny, since bald Locke, lol.)

There is nothing new under the sun.
    Everything is approbated. Especially dreadlocks.

The "your culture, my culture" thing really is just serving one point: Not giving up the entitlement to fight. I do not give a shit about whatever culture there is that isn't egalitarian across all people. If it's racist, I hope everything it has gets stolen to the point that no one on this planet recognises it anymore.

So, how is this not racism? Because being against it isn't cool (in the exact BS fashion sense of the 80's)?
    That has jack to do with the question.
    Or do we encourage racism now, as long as it's on the right spot in the "coolness spectrum"? That's the point you started out at. Now you can make some argument about it or, withdraw from talking, or I have to take that is your standpoint...
    Last edited by Ronin; 06-20-2014 at 11:44 AM.

Stay frosty.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 384

Every dread head in Chicago be looking like chief keef tho

Heads or Tails Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by TreyTrey12 View Post
    Every dread head in Chicago be looking like chief keef tho
    have no idea who that is
    Im not crazy you are crazy! Any ways you show me love i will show you love. Cant we just get along and some peace for once

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

My super Italian homie Luch has dope dreads and he's white. But he's got mad facial hair which might throw it off.

Dunny 2014 Updated 10/19

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Quote Originally Posted by not.all.there View Post
    Im not a asshole in real life in truth im very kind and nice. Im not violent and dont pick fights. But if it came to me defending my self i would. I just like dreads. Im tired of you guys calling me fat. Im still losing weight.
    No one is calling you a loser or fat. I'm just explaining why I don't like dreads in general.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

A Shrubbery Reputation: 141

No one is calling you a loser or fat. I'm just explaining why I don't like dreads in general.
    You could say you dread dreads
    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast