Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37

Thread: thinking of geting dreads

  1. #1
    Heads or Tails Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    335
    Rep Power
    3

    Default thinking of geting dreads

    Not sure yet but my hair is long enough. I like dreads they are awsome. But my question is how do they do them. So i can prepare my self? Thanks guys
    Im not crazy you are crazy! Any ways you show me love i will show you love. Cant we just get along and some peace for once

  2. #2
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 640
    Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hitman Victor
    Posts
    6,315
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by not.all.there View Post
    Not sure yet but my hair is long enough. I like dreads they are awsome. But my question is how do they do them. So i can prepare my self? Thanks guys
    Google dreads, foo.

    Stay frosty.

  3. #3
    Heads or Tails Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    335
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Google dreads, foo.
    yea ima do that. but was asking from some one here who has dreads. I messed up the wording. My bad guys
    Im not crazy you are crazy! Any ways you show me love i will show you love. Cant we just get along and some peace for once

  4. #4
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 640
    Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hitman Victor
    Posts
    6,315
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by not.all.there View Post
    yea ima do that. but was asking from some one here who has dreads. I messed up the wording. My bad guys
    Just messing, don't take me srsly.

    Stay frosty.

  5. #5
    $$$
    Guest

    Default

    get ready to stop taking showers for a month or so

  6. #6
    TOTALFVCKBOY Reputation: 762
    Xenonight2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    www.onrpg.com
    Posts
    14,277
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    white ppl shouldn't get dreads

  7. #7
    Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 233
    SourChicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,753
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xenonight2 View Post
    white ppl shouldn't get dreads
    QFT. Unless you're Newton Faulkner.

  8. #8
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 640
    Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hitman Victor
    Posts
    6,315
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xenonight2 View Post
    white ppl shouldn't get dreads
    How isn't that racist?

    Stay frosty.

  9. #9
    Sandman's Slave Reputation: 480
    TreyTrey12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn Center, Minnesota
    Posts
    3,885
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    I was once going to get dreads but then I decided against it. The whole beginning twisties stage for black people sucks lol. But I had a full afro at the time I probably could've skipped it.

  10. #10
    TOTALFVCKBOY Reputation: 762
    Xenonight2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    www.onrpg.com
    Posts
    14,277
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    How isn't that racist?
    western appropriation of non-western artifacts and authenticity isn't very cool

  11. #11
    Game Journalist Reputation: 484

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,719
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    There's only a few occasions where I've seen someone with dreads and not thought they were an *******. So, I would say, don't do it. No one looks good with dreads (in my opinion), except for very rare occurrences.


    Quote Originally Posted by Xenonight2 View Post
    western appropriation of non-western artifacts and authenticity isn't very cool
    You're going down a dark and slippery slope here. The argument could be applied towards anyone, and it's the same argument I've heard racist and bigots used, but slightly modified.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

  12. #12
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 204
    FarmerM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I've never seen you.
    So, no idea if you can pull them off.

    Regardless, you're an adult. Do what you feel like doing.

  13. #13
    in the sky with diamonds Reputation: 1151
    Oisterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Trash Boat
    Posts
    25,852
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    I'm fully in support of dreads.

  14. #14
    Game Journalist Reputation: 484

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,719
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    Do what you feel like doing.
    To me, that's the attitude of a child. Most adults want to actually put some thought into something before they actually do it. Often times, that includes getting input from others.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

  15. #15
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 242
    Phanein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Posts
    1,199
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    To me, that's the attitude of a child. Most adults want to actually put some thought into something before they actually do it. Often times, that includes getting input from others.
    To me, that's the attitude of a child. Most children have to look towards their parents and peers (read: peer pressure) for advice before they actually make a decision. Often times, that leads to doing something that they didn't enjoy doing or want to do to begin with.

    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

  16. #16
    in the sky with diamonds Reputation: 1151
    Oisterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Trash Boat
    Posts
    25,852
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    Do whatever the hell you want then walk away and light a cigar.

  17. #17
    Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 22
    Leafninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Over the Hill and through the Woods
    Posts
    1,638
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    You have to twist your hair like you're braiding it, I guess and not wash your hair as often.
    Why would you want a rat nest on top of your head though?

  18. #18
    Game Journalist Reputation: 484

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,719
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phanein View Post
    To me, that's the attitude of a child. Most children have to look towards their parents and peers (read: peer pressure) for advice before they actually make a decision. Often times, that leads to doing something that they didn't enjoy doing or want to do to begin with.
    A vast majority of children I know will make (stupid) decisions without consulting anyone because they feel like it. Children (this includes teenagers) are animals of impulse.

    Hence the reason a vast majority of people make decisions they regret as a teenagers - such as drinking and driving, getting into a fight, getting a stupid tattoo, etc...

    But it's alright. Do whatever you feel like doing.
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 06-20-2014 at 03:03 AM.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

  19. #19
    Sandman's Slave Reputation: 480
    TreyTrey12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn Center, Minnesota
    Posts
    3,885
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    I know many guys with dreadlocks that are essentially very clean. I have a friend that gets his retwisted every other week as well.

  20. #20
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    8,058
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    This thread is hilarious.
    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.

    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

  21. #21
    Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10
    Glace1221's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    There's only a few occasions where I've seen someone with dreads and not thought they were an *******. So, I would say, don't do it. No one looks good with dreads (in my opinion), except for very rare occurrences.




    You're going down a dark and slippery slope here. The argument could be applied towards anyone, and it's the same argument I've heard racist and bigots used, but slightly modified.
    It's funny because I know a guy who looks Jamaican with his dreads who is one of the most genuinely nice guys I know...Not that niceness is a virtue anyone cares about. This thread is funny.

    Rock that funky rat nest
    Last edited by Glace1221; 06-20-2014 at 05:39 AM.

  22. #22
    Game Journalist Reputation: 484

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,719
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glace1221 View Post
    It's funny because I know a guy who looks Jamaican with his dreads who is one of the most genuinely nice guys I know...Not that niceness is a virtue anyone cares about. This thread is funny.

    Rock that funky rat nest
    As I said, there are a few occasions where people have dreads and I've not thought them an *******.

    Maybe it's just the part of the United States I live in, but a lot of the people I see with dreads nowadays are overweight, full of themselves, and like to start fights they can't win. In short, they're the typical slobs and/or bullies. It's like half the bullies (no matter their skin color) in high school think it's a great idea to get dreads in their twenties and carry on like they're still in High School. For that reason, dreads are kinda tainted for me. Whenever I see someone with them, at least in real life, I end up thinking, "Oh boy, here we go again..." and do my best to forget they exist.

    But don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that everyone that gets dreads is going to be an *******. Just like not everyone who wears their pants way lower than they should isn't going to be an *******. However, a vast majority of them seem to be,
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

  23. #23
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 204
    FarmerM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    A vast majority of children I know will make (stupid) decisions without consulting anyone because they feel like it. Children (this includes teenagers) are animals of impulse.

    Hence the reason a vast majority of people make decisions they regret as a teenagers - such as drinking and driving, getting into a fight, getting a stupid tattoo, etc...

    But it's alright. Do whatever you feel like doing.
    There are some matters that warrant consultation. Hair Style isn't one of them. Worst case scenario- Duby looks like a jackass, but as long as he likes it, who cares? It really doesn't effect anyone and can be easily corrected.

    If he decides to invade Poland or something we can worry about talking sense into him.

  24. #24
    Heads or Tails Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    335
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Im not a ******* in real life in truth im very kind and nice. Im not violent and dont pick fights. But if it came to me defending my self i would. I just like dreads. Im tired of you guys calling me fat. Im still losing weight.
    Im not crazy you are crazy! Any ways you show me love i will show you love. Cant we just get along and some peace for once

  25. #25
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 640
    Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hitman Victor
    Posts
    6,315
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xenonight2 View Post
    western appropriation of non-western artifacts and authenticity isn't very cool

    (Especially funny, since bald Locke, lol.)

    There is nothing new under the sun.
    Everything is approbated. Especially dreadlocks.

    The "your culture, my culture" thing really is just serving one point: Not giving up the entitlement to fight. I do not give a shit about whatever culture there is that isn't egalitarian across all people. If it's racist, I hope everything it has gets stolen to the point that no one on this planet recognises it anymore.

    So, how is this not racism? Because being against it isn't cool (in the exact BS fashion sense of the 80's)?
    That has jack to do with the question.
    Or do we encourage racism now, as long as it's on the right spot in the "coolness spectrum"? That's the point you started out at. Now you can make some argument about it or, withdraw from talking, or I have to take that is your standpoint...
    Last edited by Ronin; 06-20-2014 at 11:44 AM.

    Stay frosty.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •