lets see your desktop :sigh not another desktop thread:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11
    Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 299
    postrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    joykill
    Posts
    2,659
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

  2. #12
    Super Moderator Reputation: 348
    Murxidon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,477
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Indie nick has his task bar on the left hand side because of /m\ free julian snowden

  3. #13
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 602
    Abhorsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,620
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by not.all.there View Post
    omg you play diablo 2? i dont think i could join you though because plugY disables bnet
    yeah i do play on and off every few months ;p i never got to really high levels though, usually i play a classic barb till i finish hell and then move on

    Currently Playing: FFXIV

    >Screenshot Collection 2013-2014<

  4. #14
    TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 32

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,078
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phanein View Post
    As a digital artist, It is fine to support your favorite artists by having some of their wallpapers up. I use one of Justin Maller's Facets as my wallpaper even though I could easily create something very similar. It's kind-of like wearing a jersey with your team's colours.
    Since you are a digital artist, do you use a graphic tablet for drawing? I am not much of a digital artist.. I find it kind of hard to draw on a computer as opposed to drawing on real paper.

  5. #15
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 141
    Phanein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Frederick, Maryland
    Posts
    795
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Espada1 View Post
    Since you are a digital artist, do you use a graphic tablet for drawing? I am not much of a digital artist.. I find it kind of hard to draw on a computer as opposed to drawing on real paper.
    I use my Surface Pro for drawing directly on my screen. It's really really awesome. There is an application that allows me to use it just like a Wacom tablet for my main rig.
    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.


  6. #16
    TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 32

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,078
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phanein View Post
    I use my Surface Pro for drawing directly on my screen. It's really really awesome. There is an application that allows me to use it just like a Wacom tablet for my main rig.
    Would you recommend a Wacom tablet or a surface pro for tablet drawing?

  7. #17
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 141
    Phanein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Frederick, Maryland
    Posts
    795
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Espada1 View Post
    Would you recommend a Wacom tablet or a surface pro for tablet drawing?
    Surface Pro Advantages:
    Works by itself (Windows 8 Tablet) or as a cintiq style tablet
    Can be had for $220 bucks refurb with warranty.

    Surface Pro Disadvantages:
    Only 1024 levels of pressure.
    1080p on a 10" screen is pretty hard on the DPI scaling.

    Wacom Tablet Advantages:
    Higher level of pressure (2048 or higher).
    Cheaper for the lower-end line.

    Wacom Tablet Disadvantages:
    No Screen/Cintiq (with screen) EXPENSIVE.
    Completely dependent on your computer.
    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.


  8. #18
    TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 32

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,078
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phanein View Post
    Surface Pro Advantages:
    Works by itself (Windows 8 Tablet) or as a cintiq style tablet
    Can be had for $220 bucks refurb with warranty.

    Surface Pro Disadvantages:
    Only 1024 levels of pressure.
    1080p on a 10" screen is pretty hard on the DPI scaling.

    Wacom Tablet Advantages:
    Higher level of pressure (2048 or higher).
    Cheaper for the lower-end line.

    Wacom Tablet Disadvantages:
    No Screen/Cintiq (with screen) EXPENSIVE.
    Completely dependent on your computer.
    Hmm thanks for the info. Completely dependent on my computer is sort of a turn off.

    I don't know why so many pros use Wacom though. Windows surface seems to sound a lot better.
    ON another note, Could I use my parent's ipad to draw? It is an iPad air.

    How good is it for tablet art?
    Last edited by Espada1; 06-21-2014 at 08:37 AM.

  9. #19
    Super Moderator Reputation: 348
    Murxidon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,477
    Rep Power
    18

    Default


  10. #20
    The Undead Reputation: 447
    Z0MBiE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    [REDACTED]
    Posts
    5,213
    Rep Power
    17

    Default



Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •