Black Gold - Open Beta Started

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 253

I'm more wonder about if Gunslinger and Beastmaster released yet. The only 2 classes I'm remotely interested in.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 91

Quote Originally Posted by HamsterMascot View Post
    I'm more wonder about if Gunslinger and Beastmaster released yet. The only 2 classes I'm remotely interested in.
    When I tried to make a character (before I DCed after spending an hour in it) I was making a beast master.

Quote Originally Posted by Cingal View Post
    Generally, if the game has characters which would put you on an FBI watchlist, you're playing an Asian game.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 253

Just played a bit and the game really needs to be optimized. Heck, I'm running 2x 660 TI's and I can't even put it on the highest setting without being on the 40fps and I'm also stuck on the 40fps on the lowest settings xD

Lockhart’s are forever Reputation: 10

Seems like their is still some work to be done with this game, the servers are a little stressed, bu as for that its not a bad game, but not a great game.

And Jokes, NeoMazoku you both are being a little silly, discussion is one thing even a debate, but its more of a domestic dispute, you should just hug it out. Mostly Jokes, you come off as entirely condescending, making your credibility already next to nothing based off your post count, and if you are just joining the board and hope to enjoy your stay here it would be best not to start off on that kind of footing. Just a tip, people remember names on this board, don't be "that" guy.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

http://www.twitch.tv/proudfurry I'm watching this streamer right now, very nice guy and game looks epic, downloading now. You can switch between target mode and free action combat, I'm hyped!

- - - Updated - - -

This game is so unfinished and sloppy, (ui, combat) don't even bother... Open beta my ass, more like Dev-Alpha access. The cross-combat setting was actually very cool and reminded me of C9's combat for 2 seconds, though.
    Last edited by OTN; 06-21-2014 at 08:36 PM.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

Whelp! I won't be playing it any time soon, and honestly, I don't care much. It looks and sounds just like what I was expecting, and honestly, I'm just trying to burn time until the next semester or ArcheAge comes out.

I tried to use the downloader, but it pulls internet resources from every other THING that uses the internet in my parents' house, so I couldn't use the downloader while everyone was awake, so I just had to use the lengthy-ass direct download through Chrome which took roughly double the time, and could easily get corrupted or outright STOPPED if the internet connection goes down for a minute, which tends to happen out here in the country.

Long story short, I stopped the downloader, but the downloader didn't close all the way, even after I used task manager, so my computer got so bogged down, that once the game FINALLY finished downloading at 40 AM, I had to stop the installation mid-way and restart my computer. Then I fell to sleep, tried to install it again, but it said "too many cabs. were broken", or some shit like that, so I copied the things from the rar AGAIN which in itself took half an hour, and finally got the damn thing installed.

Will it be worth the wait? I doubt it, but I'm gonna try if I can today.

42 Reputation: 10

I downloaded just fine with Firefox, within an hour lol
    But in the end, game for EU is laggy as hell.

The first things I noticed were:

-Holy shit, that Dwarf woman creeps me out a bit. It was like she was staring into my soul. But then I saw another version of a Dwarf woman, and heard how deep her voice was, and I was like "Wow! This sure isn't a little girls, I don't think!"

-There's a shitton of classes, and almost all of them are magic classes. I have no idea which one to pick because they all look almost exactly the same, the character creation screen doesn't give me an idea of what each one is like, and I can barely find any gameplay videos for each one.

-There's Native Americans. The Yutons are anime/JRPG-styled Native Americans. That's pretty awesome. It almost makes me want to play as one, but I have no idea if choosing that race means that I can't fly some steampunk bird and can't use a steampunk spider tank in battle and instead have to use a rhino.

Any thoughts or opinions on the classes and factions?

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 91

Eh......not super impressed with the game. Character creation is great but beyond that..............

Just makes me feel like playing GW2 or even Tera.

Quote Originally Posted by Cingal View Post
    Generally, if the game has characters which would put you on an FBI watchlist, you're playing an Asian game.

Oh, God. It's worse than I thought. I really WOULD rather play GW2 or Tera over this.

I managed to get passed the character creation screen since I didn't care about the slider-based customization (imo, I don't like it. It's time consuming, and makes it too easy to make my character look discolored or neo-colored), but as soon as I started playing, it just looked and felt awful. Trying to attack with manual aiming feels awkward and looks ineffective, and the skill and character animations look lack-luster, and the graphics on default are OK at best.

I think I might just stick to Elsword or give Dragon's Prophecy or RaiderZ another try instead. It's sad when a game makes you want to play another game. I can't believe it's getting so much media coverage from GameSpot, not to say that GameSpot has some magical seal of approval. Not in this day and age of gaming.
    Last edited by Glace1221; 06-22-2014 at 03:31 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast