Black Gold - Open Beta Started

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

I'll be honest, it's partially just because I'm cynical of MMORPGs. So when I saw how it looked and felt how it felt right away within the first 30 minutes of playing, I ran for the hills. I've played quite a few games that look better than it up to level 30 or 40, only to find that most of it really was just a boring grindfest, with PvP being it's main selling point.

So I decided to play a game with PvP focus that required more actual player skills, like Elsword, while I wait for Archeage to come out. I'm interested in ArcheAge because even though it has tab-target combat, it looks very impressive, and seems like it has a LOT of true CONTENT (stuff to do with no gimmicks) outside of grinding, dungeon-raiding, and PvP, and looks like a great game to explore that actually makes exploring fun. Stuff from house and fortress building, to gliding, to treasure hunting, to pirating, to justice-dealing, to farm-raising, etc, and even though there most likely will be some gimmicks, a lot of this content seems to have a lot of depth and impact, and actually have an effect on the game world and game experience, and that's what I am looking for.

Also, personally, and it's just a personal taste, I'm tired of games having these generic-looking "fireworks" special effects, is what I call them. I don't know how exactly to describe them, they just look really dull and overly-flashy. I prefer sharp-looking special effects that look and feel like they have weight, but again, I'm just nit-picking at this point.

Just, flashy lights and a shit-ton of spinning for everything...That being said, I DID see some special effects that I liked in BG...maybe I'll give it another try some day.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 15

Combat somehow bugs me. It does feel boring and clunky. Game still has some interesting features like mechs.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Those mechs look and feel terrible, i think its a bad feature for the game.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Cfuson2012 View Post
    Those mechs look and feel terrible, i think its a bad feature for the game.
    Better than their UI LOL

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

The game is alright but there's just a lot of bugs. I got stuck in the grass field purgatory a few times and just had my controls lock up on me and force my character to just move right. The quest locator sometimes is in the wrong spots as well as one of my quests is bugged in my log.

It's alright but I think I'm gonna pass until they fix some stuff.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis

Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    I have never personally been to Asian countries, but I have watched a lot of documentaries, travel videos, and dramas that have led me to believe that the majority of Asians are not attractive.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 10

But the infinite grass field is my favorite feature. It really shows you how futile your life is as you are trapped an cannot move even though you are in an infinite expanse. In all seriousness the grass field can be escaped by pressing M, finding a tele stone, and clicking on it. Boom you are out of grass field in 5 seconds. But yes, I hope they can work fast before "official release." It needs to be optimized, combat smoothed out a bit, and some bug fixes of course.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Quote Originally Posted by Bawnawgwa View Post
    But the infinite grass field is my favorite feature. It really shows you how futile your life is as you are trapped an cannot move even though you are in an infinite expanse. In all seriousness the grass field can be escaped by pressing M, finding a tele stone, and clicking on it. Boom you are out of grass field in 5 seconds. But yes, I hope they can work fast before "official release." It needs to be optimized, combat smoothed out a bit, and some bug fixes of course.
    Oh yeah, I do that but it's happened in a row and I didn't have my tele. So I put on Prairie Rain Field and just wait it out.

(but that shit is getting old.)
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis

Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    I have never personally been to Asian countries, but I have watched a lot of documentaries, travel videos, and dramas that have led me to believe that the majority of Asians are not attractive.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 28

Quote Originally Posted by HamsterMascot View Post
    Just played a bit and the game really needs to be optimized. Heck, I'm running 2x 660 TI's and I can't even put it on the highest setting without being on the 40fps and I'm also stuck on the 40fps on the lowest settings xD
    If there is one thing the Chinese are good at, it's making their games as unoptimized as humanly possible

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345