sweet berry wine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

Default sweet berry wine

I've had minor insomnia for years. I tried all the sleeping pills at the grocery store, all the natural remedies, had an ambien and xanax prescription.

The grocery store stuff made me feel groggy all morning, the natural stuff stopped working after about a week, the ambien caused the absolute worst day of my life, and the xanax was scary dangerously addictive so I flushed em.

Years later, I've found the solution is a big ass glass of red wine. I'm asleep 5 minutes after laying down. On the odd occasion I don't, another glass does it.

Wine is somehow different from other booze. If I were a doctor I would prescribe it to you.

Good night.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

Moderate wine consumption is often considered to be a benefit to one's health. So, no real surprise.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

My mom has some Elderberry wine in the fridge. She says she drinks it for her health. I get the feeling she drinks it for the placebo effect. Either reason is fine.

Me, I want to try some Tennessee honey whisky some day when I can easily get my hands on it and drink it, being 18 1/2 and all, and not having been to any WILD college parties yet, and most wild college parties not having the good stuff like that.

Evan Williams makes a pretty tasty honey whiskey. Its very syrupy but much more mild than yer j.d. or wild turkey. I don't do liquor but dat honey whiskey I can drink shots of and I even like it on ice.

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 229

"Alcohol is alcohol is alcohol."

While you may be drinking wine and consider it different from other booze, it's still the same active ingredient. People who say they get rowdy when drinking tequila or melancholy when drinking a certain brand of beer are likely imparting their own bias and affecting their own mental state much more than the brand of liquor they're drinking.

Alcohol in moderation (no matter what form it takes) has been shown to have positive effects. Alcohol in excess has well-known negative effects.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlazex View Post
    sorry for you have the evil heart in the universe. your type are just destroy are world
    The battle of science vs. religion ended when churches started putting lightning rods on their steeples.

Payne, Max Payne Reputation: 145

That's a really good idea. I love wine, and it's very good for your heart.

I also have trouble sleeping--sometimes, even when I FEEL tired. Booze in general makes me sleepy, but I never thought about consuming wine before bed. So obviously genius! Now I have to buy a value pack.
    League of Legends IGN: Ellista

Yeah, I figure since it's good to have a glass each day anyway, might as well make it right before bed

Entropia Universe Journalist Reputation: 55

Costco sized Niquil

EntropiaPlanets - Fan Site I am involved with
    Entropia Wiki

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

Personally, I don't really want to drink alcohol that badly unless there's such a thing as a sweet-tasting alcohol, which I know nothing about. I just chose honey whisky because it looks and sounds like it should be delicious as hell.

Want to get tipsy? Want to drink something delicious? Why not have both? I wonder if Sunny-D and rum works?...I'm sorry, but I just keep thinking of that song while reading this thread.

Payne, Max Payne Reputation: 145

Quote Originally Posted by Glace1221 View Post
    Personally, I don't really want to drink alcohol that badly unless there's such a thing as a sweet-tasting alcohol, which I know nothing about. I just chose honey whisky because it looks and sounds like it should be delicious as hell.
    Sweet alcohol does exist. White wine is more sweet than red. Both are enjoyable, but they may be an acquired taste. Many mixed drinks can be made to be sweet and/or fruity, and I usually go for those when I want something that tastes good and want to get drunk.

I wouldn't consider drinking any other alcohol as a sleeping supplement, because other alcohols don't have health benefits. Wine is actually good for you. A glass a day is recommended.
    Last edited by TuxedoSam; 06-22-2014 at 04:32 AM.
    League of Legends IGN: Ellista

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast