Confidence

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

Default Confidence

How confident are you?

I personally have fairly low confidence.
    I don't take many chances and don't finish things that may be difficult. I want to do things but ultimately I feel it will a waste of time.

There are a lot of people I would like to blame for it. My mother. My teachers. My wife. Is it really that hard to be a little supportive?

I suppose there are tons of people with the resolve to be confident of themselves without any outside support.
    I'm not one of them, so ultimately me sucking is on me.
    Last edited by FarmerM; 06-21-2014 at 08:02 AM.

Super Moderator Reputation: 348

I'm a lot more confident that I used to be. I think going to University was a big help. About two years ago I just started putting myself in situations where I knew it would build my confidence, even if I was nervous as **** at the time (meeting new people, going to job interviews, doing public speaking, managing a team). I guess I identified what it was that made me anxious and tried my hardest to overcome them. I also attended public speaking training courses, and counselling. I went to the doctors over my anxiety because I was getting absolutely ridiculous (I would wake up nervous) and apparently I had generalised anxiety disorder. I had a bit of CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) and that helped somewhat.

Then I guess you need to stop caring about what other people think, which I don't think is actually possible. I agree with you though, I think it depends on your life, how you were brought up and what has happened to you. Nothing like an incident that makes you question your own mortality to make you reevaluate what you should actually be worrying about in life.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 243

I'm the most adorable one on these forums

Super Moderator Reputation: 348

Take your skinny jeans off.

The Undead Reputation: 447

Internets confidence level over 9000.

IRL sober, pretty damn low.

IRL drunk, over 1,000,000.

I'm considering alcoholism.

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

Zom said it haha ^

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 120

There are lots of things I'm confident about, and others I'm not.

If you feel that way, you should tell the people around you. Tell your wife that you don't feel confident and that more of her support would help you in a multitude of ways. And then do the same for her.
    League of Legends IGN: Ellista

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 243

Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    There are lots of things I'm confident about, and others I'm not.

If you feel that way, you should tell the people around you. Tell your wife that you don't feel confident and that more of her support would help you in a multitude of ways. And then do the same for her.
    You really had to gay it up didn't you?

Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 299

i don't blame anyone else for any problems that i have. that's the easy way out, and it's destructive.

obviously the perfect healthy solution is to exist lin the belief that you deserve anything bad that happens to you (not you specifically) because you suck, and be in a state of perpetual anger directed inward. don't tell anyone around you, because they've already got enough problems, and shouldn't have to feel obligated to help you.

edit: that last bit had nothing to do with anyone else itt, don't get mad
    Last edited by postrook; 06-21-2014 at 12:38 PM.
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 233

I have some pretty major confidence/self-esteem issues. I drank excessively every day, where 90% of my wages were spent on alcohol for near enough 2 years so that I could feel more confident, but that only lead to health issues for me (Shocking news of the day: Alcohol is bad for you, guys)

I'm pretty much at a point where I can't see any compliment aimed at me as legitimate, which just makes me doubt myself even more, and I just blame myself for everything.

Sure, I act confident online, but it can be very different what you put across in text, than what you actually feel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast