Defiance - New landmass/area update coming

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 447

Default Defiance - New landmass/area update coming

Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 70

Will they finally update the textures to be HD? Will they remove culling so I can see all the players at once? Will they actually put a sun model / texture?

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next, FFXV, KH3 Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

Diddy Kong's Boxers Reputation: 50

Will they ever fix any of the bugs that have been present since beta?

Will they fix it so that shots that hit actually hit? Or shots that should miss, actually miss? Will they increase the render range so that sniper guns actually have a use? (Instead of causing models to become like 5 FPS at high distances?)

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    Will they fix it so that shots that hit actually hit? Or shots that should miss, actually miss? Will they increase the render range so that sniper guns actually have a use? (Instead of causing models to become like 5 FPS at high distances?)
    I didn't notice any of those issues when I played the game for a few weeks. I used a semi-automatic sniper rifle and shotgun. Sometimes a cool-looking pistol I upgraded, too.

Textures were still pretty shit, tho. Even at the maximum possible settings. However, the game still managed to look pretty decent even with the poor quality textures. But then again, almost anything can look good with that sort of stylized graphic scheme.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    I didn't notice any of those issues when I played the game for a few weeks. I used a semi-automatic sniper rifle and shotgun. Sometimes a cool-looking pistol I upgraded, too.

Textures were still pretty shit, tho. Even at the maximum possible settings. However, the game still managed to look pretty decent even with the poor quality textures. But then again, almost anything can look good with that sort of stylized graphic scheme.
    If STAR_ Didn't take down his defiance video, I would've had the proof I needed. I guess I'll have to make my own sometime.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    If STAR_ Didn't take down his defiance video, I would've had the proof I needed. I guess I'll have to make my own sometime.
    Don't doubt that you had the issues. And they all might have been apparent in the game (well, except for the lag while zooming in with a scope. I definitely didn't get that). I just never noticed them during my time playing since the game went F2P.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    Don't doubt that you had the issues. And they all might have been apparent in the game (well, except for the lag while zooming in with a scope. I definitely didn't get that). I just never noticed them during my time playing since the game went F2P.
    No, it's not anything to do with zoom-in. There was/is a render distance wall system in place. Even when not zoomed out, far away Players, NPCs and enemy mobs will appear to lower in FPS, while near objects will still have 60+ FPS. There's no way to turn it off, or change the render distance. Also, when an enemy mob is within this Render wall, it makes it impervious to all non-AOE Damage. I've had zoom mods/weapons that can zoom in over 50x, which is nearly past the render wall.

Also, you can't snipe the enemies from the first NPC Town that are on the cliff shooting at the NPC Town, due to render distance being so low. Right before that Abrupt cut off, is the "Render Distance Wall" which causes NPCs/Players/Mobs to lower their FPS.

Also, is HTTP Response Code 0 fixed yet? Because I can't restart the Workstation service by any means: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...esponse-Code-0
    Last edited by coldReactive; 06-22-2014 at 07:42 AM.