New text based game coming out TODAY(Cheat Proof)

Payne, Max Payne Reputation: 11

Thumbs up New text based game coming out TODAY(Cheat Proof)

Well, there is this new game coming out. It's called Manapot. It doesn't have graphics other than what your character looks like (change depend on equip of course.) However, it seems solid enough. There are many skills to train (by clicking), and leader boards for each skill. One thing going for it is it is bot proof. There are 3 squares to click and one lights up, you have to click the lighted one. As well as a human-test (it isn't enter text tho, rather identify a picture). One thing I am hyped about the game for is the developer has promiesed NO SKILL/LVL CAPS. Which is always a plus in my book.
    The game can be found at manapot.com. It is through twitch, the developer is a "amateur" programmer who streams live within the game window; you can see him working on the game as you play it..and give feedback or suggestions for things in game..so thats pretty cool.

Anyway, thought I'd give you guys the heads up: It's going live release (offical) in 6 hours.
    It has been in a short beta test that I've been a part of up until then which is being wiped.

So, if you don't mind text based mmo and want something completely new fresh server-- Here's a good chance.

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 14

sounds like a mud game! but you can see your gear

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Tried it out for a bit. Seems to be energy-based? I mined some copper and tin ore until my energy ran out.

Seems to have some quasi-interactivity. For example, while in combat, you get three options, one of which is the option to attack. You click that once per "turn." However, the position of the "attack" button and the other buttons is shuffled each "turn" so it's not in the same place each time. I guess that's to make the combat more interactive/interesting, while at the same time to make it so botting isn't possible? It's the same for the mining, too, by the way. You get three mining options each turn, but only one is the "good" options and the other ones drain a lot more energy. I don't quite see how this can help with cheating, though, as it's pretty simply to set up a macro that can search for certain colors, and the "right" option is always the blue one.

Heck, you can even set up a macro that can read text. Or just compare a saved image to what is on the screen. So there is definitely a lot of ways this could be botted. But then again, there has to be someone willing to put forth the effort to set up a bot.

Essentially, anyone that played Darkfall hardcore prior to Unholy Wars (maybe after) would be able to set up a macro that could "bot" this game.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 17

Seems mildly interesting. Can you just infinitely restore your energy though? Seems a bit grindy then.

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Freemium game, skip.

Payne, Max Payne Reputation: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Grandork View Post
    Freemium game, skip.
    I'm #2 in game and I haven't spent a cent or had any thing you can get from spending real money.