As a PC gamer, I am realizing the benefits of consoles.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Quote Originally Posted by postrook View Post
    you can buy sleeping dogs on the steam sale for like five dollars, can't you. that's already cheaper than ps+ right there, and unlike ps+, it's not a shitty subscription.
    Uh...I got Sleeping Dogs, for free with a sub, along with a number of other popular titles on their rotation system. I got that game a long time ago, way back when it wasn't being sold for what it is now.

Edit: I got it 6/3/2013 and they were not selling it for cheap on steam then, I believe it was 40-50% off.

50$ a year for a sub that grants you free games worth more than that total over the duration is not a shitty thing.
    Last edited by Kashis; 06-23-2014 at 01:56 AM.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Fantasy Life.

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

I got a full year of plus for $30. And have a few years stacked.

And eh...modding games seems like a novelty at best. I rarely find a game I like enough to want to play more than twice in a row. And the most heavily modded games like gta and skyrim have more than enough content already. My attention span is usually stretched thin by the time I'm done with those games anyway.

But whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

When games make the jump to digital only for consoles I'll switch to pc fully. I like having physical discs but its getting phased out. If I have to buy digitally I'll do it at the cheapest place...which is always pc.

Olpah's Object Reputation: 323

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

Game Journalist Reputation: 75

PC + Nintendo is all you really need. Play the console for the Nintendo exclusives, and PC for rest. And about being able to run all the games for years on consoles, if you purchase a good graphic card you will also be set for years.

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

YouTube Video

Quote Originally Posted by Abubakr View Post
    PC + Nintendo is all you really need. Play the console for the Nintendo exclusives, and PC for rest. And about being able to run all the games for years on consoles, if you purchase a good graphic card you will also be set for years.
    Playstation has a number of unique exclusives on it as well; in particular for me would be the NIS, Atlus, Level 5, and even just some of the PSN titles.

And Nintendo still has a lock on Handheld gaming. They are still doing good against mobile gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Oisterboy View Post
    I got a full year of plus for $30. And have a few years stacked.

And eh...modding games seems like a novelty at best. I rarely find a game I like enough to want to play more than twice in a row. And the most heavily modded games like gta and skyrim have more than enough content already. My attention span is usually stretched thin by the time I'm done with those games anyway.

But whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

When games make the jump to digital only for consoles I'll switch to pc fully. I like having physical discs but its getting phased out. If I have to buy digitally I'll do it at the cheapest place...which is always pc.
    30$? Well damn, that's even better. That's 2.50$ a month for free games and discounts on other games, not to mention a whole bunch of other stuff usefull to PS3/4 users. While I'm messing around I really need to re up mine.

I feel like this about modding: if there are a bunch things that you have to add or change about game for you to enjoy it, then the original game isn't worth buying in the first place and that's exactly how I felt about Skyrim. There's a difference between people modding out things that ruin gameplay or general bugs, and basically adding a bunch of content you feel has been left out/done better. There are plenty of console games that have tremendous amounts of replay valve as is and I've never felt the need or desire to change how they are in major ways.

Oh and don't get me wrong, when it comes to multiplatform games that are also on PC, yeah PC is the best when it comes to sales because of Steam (hell I just bought some games off there). But they don't have everything I'm interested in.

Like I said before, I don't understand the whole console vs PC thing. There's fun stuff on everything so I just get everything.

Except for Xbox because F#@! Microsoft (they don't have anything I like anyway).
    Last edited by Kashis; 06-23-2014 at 03:01 AM.

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

PC gaming was set to be the way people game today. However, Microsoft was greedy.
    Rather than backing their existing platform, the PC, they decided to double dip by creating their own console.

It's stupid. Three consoles later and they've almost come full circle. Consoles now include so many non-gaming features that the selling point of being "optimized for gaming" has almost faded.

By next gen that trait will most likely be diminished to the point that the only difference will be the format the devices play.

Super Moderator Reputation: 284
    Coloring eggs in the lost city of Atlantis.

I prefer consoles. Less to worry about, and I know it'll play any game I throw at it.

I game on my PC too though, so back off master race.

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    PC gaming was set to be the way people game today. However, Microsoft was greedy.
    Rather than backing their existing platform, the PC, they decided to double dip by creating their own console.

It's stupid. Three consoles later and they've almost come full circle. Consoles now include so many non-gaming features that the selling point of being "optimized for gaming" has almost faded.

By next gen that trait will most likely be diminished to the point that the only difference will be the format the devices play.

Nintendo has pretty much always been focused on putting out strictly a "gaming machine" but people forget that in Sony's case, they actually marketed the Playstation as a more practical approach to a home entertainment system, in every sense of the word. There was a time when even the first Playstation was considered to be a solid CD player on it's own.

i also own a ps3 for the exclusives. but i just really hate subscribing to anything.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast