As a PC gamer, I am realizing the benefits of consoles.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 141

Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    Most people don't care about having the top of the line graphics though. Only small portion of gamers care about that.

*is playing Watch Dogs on PS3 as we speak*
    Uhhhhh.... I feel like saying only a small portion care about graphics is a underestimate. Sure, the portion maybe be smaller than the casual gaming group but it is still rather large.
    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

Super Moderator Reputation: 284
    Coloring eggs in the lost city of Atlantis.

IMO the fact that Minecraft is as popular as it is says that most people won't care about graphics as long as the gameplay is good enough.

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 69

Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    IMO the fact that Minecraft is as popular as it is says that most people won't care about graphics as long as the gameplay is good enough.
    Minecraft was the first of its kind so people were less choosy in that genre. (Not like they have much of a choice) Now if you have a thousand racing games to choose from, graphics would start to matter.

and yet everyone and their mother downloads the texture packs and other graphic enhancing mods. I also mentioned casual plebs don't mind.
    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

Phantom's Freak Reputation: 282

i never download any of that stuff. in fact, i usually lower the settings on games
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Lol, we haven't even started to talk about anti-alising on consoles.

See, there is the argument that some people just don't care. That's fine. There is no argument that consoles are in the PC world what a Fiat Punto is in the car world. They will get you there somehow. They do run games, somehow. Loads of people find them good enough.

There is only one benefit and that's the price. You pay what you get and that is a unrecognizable gimped PC.
    Sure, ok.

Most people don't drive luxury/sports cars to work everyday. Most of the time, everyone is going to be following the speed limit. PC gamers are stuck in this traffic jam just like everyone else, they are just too busy yelling to notice they are also a part of it.

Cities are not designed with the limitations of speed demons in mind. A beautiful car is nice to look at, but it's sole function is still just a car. I'm a lot more concerned with having something that is reliable and cheap that will last years, that something that is pretty much just going to depreciate in value over and be outclassed by something next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Phanein View Post
    Uhhhhh.... I feel like saying only a small portion care about graphics is a underestimate. Sure, the portion maybe be smaller than the casual gaming group but it is still rather large.
    It only seems large because of the amount of complaining PC gamers do. The visual improvements of MMO's have come a long way and yet their gameplay is still stuck in early 2000. As visually impressive as TERA, GW2, and even FFXIV are, they still pretty average when it comes to actual gameplay, which is why everyone is constantly criticizing them. And the last time (and almost every time for that matter) when people were asked, "What are some of the best MMORGPG's?" Ragnarok online is the top choice almost all the time. I'll tell you what is almost never nominated though: anything new.

Graphics are the least important aspect of gaming, and the people who focus on that are missing out on the point of gaming in general. But hey, what do I know? I'm just sitting here like a peasant enjoying my games while everyone else is complaining about not being able to use their futuristic machines to stream and record every game in colors outside our visible spectrum. I guess I got it wrong.

I'm so sad over here, having all this fun. *o*;
    Last edited by Kashis; 06-25-2014 at 10:44 PM.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 567

@Kashis:
    Aside from the jam analogy just not working:
    Thanks to people who think consoles are innovative, we still have games with savepoints in 2014.

Innovation ought to be the last argument for consoles ever. Cover based shooting? Quick time events? That isn't innovation, that is just the result of controllers being inadequate for doing anything that requires the least amount of dexterity.

The only innovative thing that comes to my mind when I think about consoles is Guitar Hero. That only happened, because controller input is so limiting, that console devs permanently struggle to find a desperate way to fix it. Well, that worked; Exactly once.
    Last edited by Ronin; 06-26-2014 at 12:24 AM.

Stay frosty.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    @Kashis:
    Aside from the jam analogy just not working:
    Thanks to people who think consoles are innovative, we still have games with savepoints in 2014.

Innovation ought to be the last argument for consoles ever. Cover based shooting? Quick time events? That isn't innovation, that is just the result of controllers being inadequate for doing anything that requires the least amount of dexterity.

The only innovative thing that comes to my mind when I think about consoles is Guitar Hero. That only happened, because controller input is so limiting, that console devs permanently struggle to find a desperate way to fix it. Well, that worked; Exactly once.
    Save points are intentional, designed to be checkpoints. Not every game has em and plenty of console games utilize auto/instant/menu saving or none at all.

No innovation from console gaming other than Guitar Hero? Wow, okay.

PC master race 1, Console Peasants 0.

(...not really)
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis

Super Moderator Reputation: 284
    Coloring eggs in the lost city of Atlantis.

Quote Originally Posted by Phanein View Post
    and yet everyone and their mother downloads the texture packs and other graphic enhancing mods.
    Nah, that's definitely the minority dude.

Besides, let's be honest. Casuals are the majority anyway.
    Last edited by Loric; 06-26-2014 at 04:33 AM.

Nah, that's definitely the minority dude.

Besides, let's be honest. Casuals are the majority anyway.
    You're absolutely correct; we should focus all our efforts on making minecraft and bejeweled games cause casuals.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast