Classic DJMax Online COME BACK! Registration+Download guide and more~
English is not my first language and I may also have some translation mistakes, I apologize in advance. If you have any questions, comments or anything that you'd like to add please post about it and I will try my best to improve this guide! Hope you will find this guide helpful.
For those who wish to play together, meet me In-Game by the name of "RazuErisu"~ See you In-Game ( ^ - ^
All music games fans already know the DJMax series and those who don't should try it!
For those who wondered how the game is played: As a music game fan, you probably know good old O2Jam. Well DJMax generally plays the same way but does some things differently:
1. On DJMax's lobby you choose which channel you want to go into. Are you good enough for the 7-Key channel? Or you rather stick to the 5-Key channel? (most people are at 5k)
2. Unlike O2Jam, downloading the songs is a lot faster. But what if you play with a person without a specific song (rare case)? Answer: You still can!! All the room will play the song the room leader chooses no matter of who is actually having it. Those who did not download a specific song will have a mute "song" (where you see notes without hearing the music), until that person downloads the specific song.
3. Quality of songs is nice and you even have video clips for most of them.
4. Individual modes... If you're tired of the room master to decide what speed you need to play at, on DJMax you're able to modify your own modes! As in: I could play while enabling Fog and putting speed on x3 and it would affect me and ME only! While multiplying my score the more modes I put (while of course making the gameplay harder and trickier in exchange). Note that the more items you enable the more bonus scores you get. You can create a non-item room if you like a fully fair game though.
5. Each song has (at least) 3 difficulties (some has 5: MX and SC difficulties which are harder than Hard Style). There are also shops where you buy avatars, notes, interfaces and other items. Note that items from shops add various bonuses. I.E: A specific avatar costs 30,000 Max Coins but once equipped gives you a bonus of +20% more exp and +5% more Max Coin after every song that's played!
6. Battle mode - Additionally to the normal and popular score mode (where players compete on who can play the song better), there is also a Battle mode, where is basically collecting traps by playing the song and hitting the trap notes, and then you can send them to rivals to make their game harder and try to beat them that way.
7. Up to 6 players possible in a room. You can also make up to three teams (2:2:2) and compete with friends against other teams.
Anyway, onto the guide! d( > w <
Please take note of the red marks in the screenies, it will make it easier to understand!
Registration + Download Guide (please use the Internet Explorer browser):
Downloading the game client:
1. Go to DJMax COME BACK homepage which is located here:
3. On the page that opened, please click on the DJMax folder
4. After that point (don't click) at the second line that list the file named: DJMax_Online_140303.zip
An icon with a down arrow will appear. click that icon.
5. On the window that opened click the right (not the blue) button
6. Your default personal download manager should come up. There you should browse to where you wish to save the file. Please do so and start the download.
7. The file format is .zip, so you will need a winrar program in order to extract the files. Put all the files in the same folder of your choice. There is no installation required. After that I suggest to make a shortcut into desktop of DJMax.exe
8. Run DJMax.exe (or it's shortcut) A window will open, click the only button on it to start updating the game client. The checkbox is to make the game window mode. Checked = window mode.
Registering a game account:
In order to register a game account, you MUST have a working @qq.com email adress, If you already have please skip to step 6. If you don't have one, please proceed to the link below and make one. I'm going to brief through this part because it's all in English and shouldn't take long!
1. You must have an email that ends with @qq.com. Different Emails will not work.
Please go to the link below to register a @qq.com Email adress:
2. Click (just click it, don't type anything yet) on the typing field to the right of "Email Account".
3. Then to the right of the typing field click on "No Email?"
4. That will pop a @qq.com box, and allow you the make a @qq.com Email adress. Please fill the rest of the info (make sure you remember your password since you will need to access the @qq.com Email adress you created).
5. Go to the link below and log in to your @qq.com Email account and leave the inbox open
7. Fill the typing fields with the info I listed, from top to bottom:
Your full @qq.com Email adress
Left: Male Right: Female
Tick the box
After all is filled press the button under the registration form.
8. Go to your @qq.com Email inbox, and click on "Check" at the top left menu.
You should receive a confirmation Email from DJMAXER. Enter the Email and click the confirmation link (see red mark on the screenie below)
9. Congrats! You should now be able to log into the game. You can also check to see if your account works on the website!