Two Lost Saga questions!

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Two Lost Saga questions!

1. What kind of stuff is in the item mall? Anything that makes the game a little too p2w?
    2. Is there pve or is the game completely pvp?
    I'm having issues with Grand Chase, and while I love Elsword I'm curious about something without a stamina system.
    But, I love the dungeons in Elsword, especially when I play with a group.
    add me with facebook

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 21

1. as far as I know, couple of the heroes are pretty game breaking, but I think its taking advantage of the latency is whats going to help you win in lost saga.
    2. there is no pve. There are different modes of pvp though
    your last statement was random as eff lol

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by coldxwar View Post
    1. as far as I know, couple of the heroes are pretty game breaking, but I think its taking advantage of the latency is whats going to help you win in lost saga.
    2. there is no pve. There are different modes of pvp though
    your last statement was random as eff lol
    As a lost saga player, I can explain things more accurately.
    1) All items/heroes are obtainable for free. However, the chances of getting these items are very hard and require a lot of luck (Through a system called Hero Scrolls). The "best" players use different gear from other heroes to perform combos, which also are easier to obtain, but to get them permanently is, like I said previously, pretty hard. The longer you play, the more perms you get, the better you become. Paying just accelerates this process by a ton.
    2) There are PvE modes. A few such as Crusades and the Snow Queen. They're not really taken seriously, but they exist. Their rewards are pretty weak but if you have a quest to do them, I don't see why not because quest rewards are actually pretty nice in this game.
    2)

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 35

Quote Originally Posted by dinoman979 View Post
    1) All items/heroes are obtainable for free. However, the chances of getting these items are very hard and require a lot of luck (Through a system called Hero Scrolls). The "best" players use different gear from other heroes to perform combos, which also are easier to obtain, but to get them permanently is, like I said previously, pretty hard. The longer you play, the more perms you get, the better you become. Paying just accelerates this process by a ton.
    2) There are PvE modes. A few such as Crusades and the Snow Queen. They're not really taken seriously, but they exist. Their rewards are pretty weak but if you have a quest to do them, I don't see why not because quest rewards are actually pretty nice in this game.
    2)
    Uhh, but Snow Town IS taken seriously. There's like over a dozen rooms up for it at any given time because Master difficulty is really good GP and exp

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Densetsu View Post
    Uhh, but Snow Town IS taken seriously. There's like over a dozen rooms up for it at any given time because Master difficulty is really good GP and exp
    Most of them, for what I've seen, are on easy mode going AFK for bingo, but I could be wrong.

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 40

Quote Originally Posted by walliny120 View Post
    1. What kind of stuff is in the item mall? Anything that makes the game a little too p2w?
    I'm having issues with Grand Chase, and while I love Elsword I'm curious about something without a stamina system.
    But, I love the dungeons in Elsword, especially when I play with a group.
    add me with facebook
    2)
    Most of them, for what I've seen, are on easy mode going AFK for bingo, but I could be wrong.
    1. All heroes are not obtainable for free. Premium and Rare Heroes are exclusively Cash Shop, except for events. (Which is unlikely given the current host of NALS.) Plenty of things are P2W in the cash shop, which is the incentive for spending money on the game. For example, premium heroes like Mai or Kyo and legendary gears that are available in the shop for a short period of time. You can obtain said legendary gear through chests, but that's only if you're really lucky. By spending cash shop currency, you can purchase a specific gear that you would want.

2. Hard mode Crusades and Master Monster Dungeons are taken seriously. What most people do is go on Hard mode Monster Dungeon, hit a tower, give up, and repeat to get a Replay bonus of up to max. 50%. Then they go on a Master mode Monster Dungeon to get increased EXP and GP rewards. Hard mode crusade exp pales next to Master MDs given the difficulty and length of them. As previously stated, however, finishing quests in Crusade is recommended as the quest rewards are well worth it. The thing is though, you can only do so many Hard mode Crusades/Master MDs in a day. You're given 6 bronze coins that are used each time you do a Hard mode Crusade/Master MD. A Master MD will take 3 bronze coins so you can only do them twice daily. Hard mode Crusade, I believe, costs 2 bronze coins. Bronze coins are replenished over time, but they take a very long time. 1 per 227 mins, iirc. You can, however, purchase more bronze coins through the cash shop.

Lost Saga is almost exclusively a PvP game. If you're looking for a 2.5D or 3D scroller or dungeon crawler, Lost Saga isn't the game for you tbh.
    Vindictus: Inmensus

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 10

Let me answer your questions properly, none of these posters have gotten it very accurate

Premium characters are the only things you can't acquire with playtime. Legendary gears/Legendary characters can sometimes be acquired through special events (like recently Bingo event which gave access to legendary heroes) You can p2w in this game because you can buy the in game currency/exp+currency bosts, enchanters, permanent gear chests, legendary gears that go on sale etc much easier and in much less time if you got the real money for it. It's pricey buying all of that, however, so you won't see many except the very richest doing so.

There are pve modes, but nothing like Elsword. There's crusade which isn't very popular anymore. There are two dungeons, Snowtown and Forest, which act similar to one another with only minor mechanic changes. Snow Town and Forest are good sources of exp/gp. Ultimately you're farming these modes for gp/exp, but they have a stamina-ish system with Monster Coins. You can only do two monster dungeons at a time without using cash purchases and then you'll have to wait a few hours for them to recharge to go again. This changes in future patches to be more frequent, but for now that's how it works.

But yeah it's a pvp game primarily with a lot of nice side features such as block building/gear designing/plaza screwing around.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Guys, this guy is just a bot. I literally just deleted two threads of his on my guild website. It's a bot that takes previously made threads and just copies them with a few variations.

The bot even uses the same name on here as it did on my forum. Could probably compare IPs with a mod to confirm, as well. It just copy/pastes a previously made thread (usually an old one, too. I guess to make it harder to tell) and then adds the facebook link (which seems to be different each time) at the end.

Pretty interesting discussion none-the-less, though.

Edit with image:

Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 06-26-2014 at 11:09 AM.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild