FF14 has a nice discount on Steam...so how is the game?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    There will be Personal Housing at a later date. Yoshida confirmed that in the past few live letters.

As stated before, this game isn't meant to be a PVP Game, and will never have open world PVP from what I can tell. Frontline is a GC v. GC v. GC Instanced massive arena (Basically three crystal tower raids going at each other to control the area. You have 30 minutes to attack/defend.) It's more of a point capture system like some GW2 SPVP Modes, but way, way, way bigger (Like Wv3.)
    That's dumb I remember specifically yoshida saying that they won't release personal housing because they released FC housing. He's confusing.... Well one thing for sure is I remember him saying that personal housing is much more affordable than the 100m - 60m fc house's. This make me want to go back and look. Still though the sad part the direction still seems like a gear grind for the end game.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I'd hate to push the game, but it's pretty worth it especially at the price it is now. It's the only game coming out with REAL content on a regular basis. New classes are even coming. Yeah some people might not like it, but it's on of the most played games in the world atm for a reason and is pretty fun once you get into a Free Company (guild). It has a good system going for it, and being ran by SE it'll be up forever and have constant updates because it has such a large budget.

I'm burnt out on every other game right now, and I play this for my PvE/social fix and some other MOBA's and FPS for PvP fix. PvP as it is now is alright, but with frontlines coming it'll change a lot and actually looks quite fun. They're doing a great job bring us what we want.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 15

Quote Originally Posted by GenoX View Post
    Basically once you reach end game you'll just grind dungeons/raids over and over again until you get sick and tire of it.
    Every mmorpg ever made ...

EDIT: Also this "review" kind of makes me wanna pick it up even though my pc is not the best

Atleast till DFO come's out ... hmmm... what do you guys think ? (And yeah I loved WoW , SWTOR and that kind of games , not into pvp)

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 238

That's dumb I remember specifically yoshida saying that they won't release personal housing because they released FC housing. He's confusing.... Well one thing for sure is I remember him saying that personal housing is much more affordable than the 100m - 60m fc house's. This make me want to go back and look. Still though the sad part the direction still seems like a gear grind for the end game.
    one room will cost 300k ... which is empty you can decorate or do whatever you want with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Basically once you reach end game you'll just grind dungeons/raids over and over again until you get sick and tire of it. If you're hardcore enough and have the ability to beat everything easily then you'll basically have nothing to do.
    i dare you beat everything easy without other 7 hardcore players ... i dare you beat the upcoming coil brutal ... and the new frontlines addition to pvp will be fun i dont see why grinding same dungeons and raids is bad ... its like every other mmo out there.
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Game Journalist Reputation: 386

Quote Originally Posted by Lexaz View Post
    Every mmorpg ever made ...

EDIT: Also this "review" kind of makes me wanna pick it up even though my pc is not the best

Atleast till DFO come's out ... hmmm... what do you guys think ? (And yeah I loved WoW , SWTOR and that kind of games , not into pvp)
    106 days spent in that game. Holy shit.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[7/10]----------(Now recruiting for ArcheAge!!!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 48

Do I need a creditcard/timecard to redeem the free 30 days? Like with WOW the 30 days you get free, when you buy the game, you need to registar a credit/debit card or a 30/60/90 day timecard with it.

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 60

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    Do I need a creditcard/timecard to redeem the free 30 days? Like with WOW the 30 days you get free, when you buy the game, you need to registar a credit/debit card or a 30/60/90 day timecard with it.
    No. You need a square enix (Not square enix members) account, and that's it.

DEMON GIRL APPRECIATION DAY (May 4th)
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next Saving For: PlayStation 4

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by poeticas View Post
    i dare you beat everything easy without other 7 hardcore players ... i dare you beat the upcoming coil brutal ... and the new frontlines addition to pvp will be fun i dont see why grinding same dungeons and raids is bad ... its like every other mmo out there.
    I was a geared PVE player within a month when the game was released. I was fighting along with everyone who didn't know how to fight garuda/titan in a week or two with full darklight gears. Then when I was ready to tackle Coil I slowed down and enjoy helping other players.

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 14

I got banned on my 28th day of playing. BIG F**K Y** to square enix. I'll stay reminiscing on my FFXI game time..

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 60

2.3's Hunt system will allow you to get Sands and Oils of time without stepping foot in any of the raids:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...216ab8886a09af

Quote Originally Posted by prettietim View Post
    I got banned on my 28th day of playing. BIG F**K Y** to square enix. I'll stay reminiscing on my FFXI game time..
    Do something stupid like bypass the swear filter in shout, yell or say?

DEMON GIRL APPRECIATION DAY (May 4th)
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next Saving For: PlayStation 4

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast