Give the game some time to open up. The combat is a bit slow in the beginning, but once you get higher level you won't notice the 2.5sec GCD. Follow your main storyline quests, do your class quests. Watch some videos, read some guides, and you shouldn't have a problem getting into the game.
Thought about getting it. Dowloaded the character creator/benchmark. Why are the male characters so damn ugly? Is this why everyone makes cat girls?
Graphics are nice. Music is nice. There are chocobos.
How do I turn off signatures while reading?
In the end I'm not saying grinding dungeons and raids is a bad thing. But when I got to the point where I log in after repeating it so many times over the months, it's like I've already did it what else is there to do when you've completed all the quest and events. It's that thought I ask myself, What else is entertaining to do besides the dungeons and raid? then it seems like there is nothing else to do.
Last edited by GenoX; 06-27-2014 at 04:24 AM.
Thanks for all the replies, it's certainly given me more to think about. Keep up the conversations though, I'm finding them enlightening.
Also, fat chocobo may just be the best mount in any game ever. Please tell me you can summon it with a carrot?
farm fate then farm coil.
My biggest problem is finding a server I actually want to be on. My friends are scattered all over the place, so that's not really an option. My plan was originally to join an active server but with the current sale, and the influx of console players, I cant really tell where I want to be. I have heard good things about Gilgamesh (looking for NA server). I just dont want to invest time in a server that is just going to be dead a month after this sale LOL
So here's a list of things that people may be upset about, since this thread is so far all high hopes and positive-ness:
- Phoenix Downs in-game are practically useless, so you'll see a lot of them being sold on the Market Boards for less than 50 Gil. (You can't use them in-battle.)
- Summoner Summons (Including ACN Carbuncles) will direct aggro at first to the summoner if you tell them to attack a target, and that target is facing the direction the summon is coming from. (Cascading Aggro.) Any mobs that attempt to aggro the summon from here on, will aggro you unless you have the summon also attack them. (This wasn't the case originally. Mobs would actually aggro the summons.)
- ATMAs are extremely hard to come by sometimes, and take ages to farm depending on the area. (North Shroud, from what I hear, takes the longest to farm an ATMA Crystal) Some sections of areas are also getting less and less people farming ATMAs due to many people already having them. Areas like the western portion of East La Noscea are barely touched in the FATE department. Relics by the way, are better than their unweathered variants with Novus out now. (Relic > Zenith > ATMA > Animus > Novus for Relic Progression.)
- Boss FATEs are hard to solo alone (Obviously, they're bosses.) The only class/job that can do them easily is ACN/SMN. Of course, if you have PLD and cross-class Cure from Conjurer and the Marauder Heal and the Second Wind from Pugilist, then you should be moderately fine. Once you get your chocobo companion, this becomes easier as PLD and WAR, and Scholar and WHM can solo boss fates pretty easily as long as you watch your enmity bars on the party window with a Chocobo.
- Sometimes, Square Enix will patch certain things, and not tell anyone about it. Some of these things are increased difficulty with certain levequests (Such as the Escort Quest in Camp Tranquil Area.)
- Morbols / Malboros (Bad Breath, Obviously. /ohohohohohoho)
- Aurum Vale (Required for certain Grand Company Promotions)
- Pharos Sirius' First Boss (Required for Duty Roulette, High Level)
- Lack of /hug emote. (Might change in the future as Yoshida stated.)
- (OCD) Dungeon Master title isn't on the Dungeon Master Achievement.
- Cannot use Convert in Inn Rooms.
- In the Main Scenario end quests. People want to rush them, so they don't like it when you sit to watch story cutscenes.
- Not all story cutscenes are in the Inn Room Book.
- Death Animations take 3~4 seconds for the server to register. (Thus, to continue a chain, you must kill an enemy before the timer hits 5 seconds. The same goes for Levequests. At 14:59 Time left, you lose your speed of completion. However, it takes slightly longer sometimes, so you need to do stuff within 15-20 seconds of 14:59.)
Last edited by coldReactive; 06-27-2014 at 03:03 PM.
hmm that 50% sale on steam....and buying it gives me 30-days free....
how is the game? I only tried FF14 wayyyyyy back during the first beta stages - when the game was more catered towards console-based controls, graphics were un-optimized out the ass, and I had 0 idea of what the **** to do in that game.
Realm Reborn fix a lot of those issues? is it beginner-friendly? archers and lancers intrigue me because I like spears and bows. might buy this since the sale ends in less than an hour and try it when I get home.
the thing is I checked the specs on canyourunit.com and it showed that my rig only meets the minimum requirements....not sure if I can push past the lowest settings without sacrificing fps drops.
my rig specs:
AMD Phenom II x4 3.2 GHz
125 GB SSD
8 GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM
Radeon HD 6870 1 GB
will my rig be able to handle the game on at least medium? I dislike playing games on low...
"When it comes to the past, EVERYONE writes fiction." -Stephen King
ETC) and it will give you a score
Edit: I know you are at work and im sure your system can run it.
Last edited by whitey; 06-27-2014 at 04:31 PM.
Just a heads up for everybody, the steam sale ended, but it is still available 50% off on amazon! http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-.../dp/B00CMSCV4Q
PSU: Corsair TX750W
CPU: Intel Core2 Quad 2.4GHz (Q6600)
Video Card: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 6850 1GB GDDR5
RAM: Corsair Dominator 4GB DDR2 1066mhz
Internal HDD1: WD 250GB Dual Boot OS
Internal HDD2: WD 500GB Programs
You will be fine.
Also, patch 2.3 arriving on July 8th. I quit the game before they released any real content. (all endgame one was mindless grind of the first two endgame dungeons (forget names) for tomes, then coil coil coil, then you are done. So... that got boring fast. I am still skeptical and on guard regarding this game, BUT 2.3 looks sweet with Syrcus Tower. I really have to try Xande and Hein :P. I loooove final fantasy 3 so darn it, they suck me in with this crystal tower lol. I hope the game is much more fleshed out now. I have been away for a long time. My main reservation with the game is how worthwhile endgame is. Obviously when it was released there was just nothing there and you burnt out in no time. To the point I logged on and really didn't know what to do because nothing sounded fun (thus I quit). Hopefully with housing, raising chocobos, and the other odds and ends they introduced it will be better.
Kind of random, hopefully someone who checks out this thread will answer;
Did they change the gathering/mining, and crafting mini-game deal from 1.0?