If you do something for 8 hours a day for a year or so..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 32

Default If you do something for 8 hours a day for a year or so..

You will be good at it. Some people are telll me they can't do something, when they haven't even invested near an ample amount of time into it.

IF you practice digital art for 8 hours a day for the next year or do, then chances are you are going to be good at it.

Elsa! :3 Reputation: 572

So you're telling me, that if you lean everything out of a book for 8 hours a day for a year, you're going to be good at it?

I welcome you to the Tech Corner, where advanced PC knowledge is the very basic minimum!

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

Eternal Cowboy Reputation: 632
    Jacksonville Jaguars: 2018 Superbowl Champs

Quote Originally Posted by SnOwBunZz View Post
    So you're telling me, that if you lean everything out of a book for 8 hours a day for a year, you're going to be good at it?

I welcome you to the Tech Corner, where advanced PC knowledge is the very basic minimum!
    you'll be good at knowing the information in the book

Quote Originally Posted by SnOwBunZz View Post

If you play tennis for eight hours a day, then you will be good at it.

If you draw for eight hours a day, then you will be good at it.

It is just how much time you put into something. If you spent eight hours a day learning and building computers, chances are you will be good at it.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 567

Aside from the 8 hours a day number being very unrealistic, you would be a good amateur and that's about it.

To be considered a full member of the team in a profession, you ought to spend 1,5 years of work at your place of work, after having finished your full education.
    That is just to loose the "absolute beginner" status, that is able to work on it's own and has proven to not need some handholder.

What I believe in is, that everyone can do nearly everything. Rocket science? Not actually hard, just some engineering. Even the best only cook with water. Most people who think they aren't smart just have been thought that.
    However to become a master of anything, it takes probably 10 years of hands on experiance of 8 hours a day (not counting weekends, rofl). To become an artist you need inspiration, which is just environmental and not up to anyone to just "force out of his own mind".

To become good at something, in a sense that is not a complete joke, you need mostly dedication, I agree. I don't agree that a year is enough. I would guess something from 3 to 6 years ought to do it. That number is depending on both, your talent and your luck.
    Last edited by Ronin; 06-25-2014 at 10:56 PM.

Stay frosty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Aside from the 8 hours a day number being very unrealistic, you would be a good amateur and that's about it.

To be considered a full member of the team in a profession, you ought to spend 1,5 years of work at your place of work, after having finished your full education.
    That is just to loose the "absolute beginner" status, that is able to work on it's own and has proven to not need some handholder.
    Yup.

A good amateur can still do some pretty amazing things.. I seen it with art.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Well gee, I guess I should practicing right now to win EVO next year.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

You also need passion, drive, or at least some interest in what you want to become good at (this is where inspiration comes in), if you're going to be investing 8 hours a day for 3-8 years on it. Don't forget that.

So someone with depression or no interest is pretty much screwed.
    I liked it more when I was Samus'es girdle.

Quote Originally Posted by Glace1221 View Post
    You also need passion, drive, or at least some interest in what you want to become good at (this is where inspiration comes in), if you're going to be investing 8 hours a day for 3-8 years on it. Don't forget that.

So someone with depression or no interest is pretty much screwed.
    Oh yea true true.

I am so passionate about art, then I could spend hours working on something.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Quote Originally Posted by Espada1 View Post
    If you do something for 8 hours a day for a year or so.. You will be good at it.
    More proof that I'm good at League!
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast