Marriage Equality Update

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 141

Quote Originally Posted by marcipaans View Post
    It's like racism. You keep talking about, the more it spreads and infects other people minds.

People creating problems where there is none.
    Considering that there was a large amount of hatred for gay people before it became a mainstream issue... you're wrong.

I happily live in a state that has both legalized gay marriage and decriminalized weed. Voted in favor of both.
    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

It's just a matter of time. Like our grandparents lived through segregation and prohibition, so do we. Times are changing, we get our news from unbiased sources and aren't quite as fearmongered as a whole. We're smarter because we have the resources to be smarter. Those in charge are finally becoming more modernized and it will continue. I foresee giant leaps forward in the next 20 years. We live in the age of information, and everything is moving quickly. I only wish I wasn't getting boned between the generations. Once the old people in charge die we'll fix shit up

I'm sure thats what every approaching middle aged group says, but with the advances that have taken place in my 24 years of life, it's difficult to deny we're the first truly connected generation.

call me chicken strips Reputation: 500

It's like racism. You keep talking about, the more it spreads and infects other people minds.

that's like, patently not true.

just straight up wrong. I don't even can't what not doing

Reading: You Just Don't Understand!: Women and Men in Conversations by Deborah Tannen (50%)
    Last read: A Child Named "It" by Dave Pelzer (NOT BAD), A Dance With Dragons by GRRM (4.5/5), A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin (3.5/5)

Interested in why I picked these books, or want to recommend me some more? Just pm me. I love books.

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 82

It's true, after twenty+ years of fighting for marriage equality, things are starting to change for the better (mostly).

It's really sad and depressing that just recently from 2004 to 2012, new laws were enacted to not acknowledge same-sex marriage or ANY same-sex relationships in several states.
    League of Legends IGN: Ellista

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    It's true, after twenty+ years of fighting for marriage equality, things are starting to change for the better (mostly).

It's really sad and depressing that just recently from 2004 to 2012, new laws were enacted to not acknowledge same-sex marriage or ANY same-sex relationships in several states.
    It's to be expected when when live in a country still plagued by "traditional" values. Yay Jesus.

Interestingly enough, so are a lot of the things feminists are trying correct, but that's another story.
    "Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis

Fat Bowser Reputation: 62

There isnt a problem with marriage inequality? what? What cave do you live in?
    “The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.”

Super Moderator Reputation: 348

Big time idiota right here boys.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Oisterboy View Post
    It's just a matter of time. Like our grandparents lived through segregation and prohibition, so do we. Times are changing, we get our news from unbiased sources and aren't quite as fearmongered as a whole. We're smarter because we have the resources to be smarter. Those in charge are finally becoming more modernized and it will continue. I foresee giant leaps forward in the next 20 years. We live in the age of information, and everything is moving quickly. I only wish I wasn't getting boned between the generations. Once the old people in charge die we'll fix shit up

I'm sure thats what every approaching middle aged group says, but with the advances that have taken place in my 24 years of life, it's difficult to deny we're the first truly connected generation.
    Define connected for me. Seriously.

But I agree, and it is nice to see that more people in this country are accepting gay marriage. I doubt the traditionalists, especially the straw Christians, will just shut up about it after awhile, but something's going to change one way or another.

Unsurprisingly, my state is still outlawing it, with the most recent vote against it being made in 2006. According to them, my friend and his relationship with his boyfriend just don't even exist, as far as they care. Yay, Jesus.

Is it funny that Tennessee is now a bit more conservative than Texas?
    Last edited by Glace1221; 06-27-2014 at 07:01 PM.
    I liked it more when I was Samus'es girdle.

The Undead Reputation: 438

US needs to get country-wide laws like normal countries.

Eternal Cowboy Reputation: 594
    Jacksonville Jaguars: 2018 Superbowl Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Z0MBiE View Post
    US needs to get country-wide laws like normal countries.
    we're too big for that to work tho. too many different cultures and ideals and stuff

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast