Swordsman Online Open Beta 1st July (3rd July)

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 245

I don't do PVP, so I have no interest in that part of the game, also, I'm only doing quests and the occasional story mode instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mime Taxidermy View Post
    I don't think that Internet Explorer can display CSS, only HTML.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Looks like fun to me, when the creatures die and freeze then burst into a bunch of smaller cubes makes me squeal like a small girl.

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 34

after you get above 40 the game doesn't hold your hand as much

1-32 is easy just to help you get your feet on the ground

the 40 and 50 dungeons can be tough on the hard mode (the 32 dungeon can be pretty hard as well if you are new with crap gear on hero mode

xp slows down some at 40 and very much after 50 (and im sure even more at higher levels)
    Last edited by chris183; 07-16-2014 at 09:24 PM.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 45

Quote Originally Posted by chris183 View Post
    1-32 is easy just to help you get your feet on the ground.....
    I'm glad you said easy!
    I only jumped on swordsman waiting for ArcheAge download to pop. I find this "game" just crazy, Sometimes its just not cool to auto you everywhere. I much prefer a game that has you explore the land & progress in a natural way.
    I know I could of gone on a manual short romp, but, I got tied up at the start just following quests I then found myself just clicking and watching with intrigue. It's kind of made me think I could do nothing in this game & still get somewhere, I don't even have to fight just hit my pots, why didn't they just start me at level 30 even end & finish me off in the first place?
    To me the game had no real passion, although the story was funny & good to have. I didn't like the incompleteness with the other language still in the game. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't of minded a little, but every scene was this way.
    The npc's lacked life, they just stood there in massive groups like dummies, if you hit one of the them you could go through them one by one on auto. the npc standing so close you blow him over did nothing. Seemed crap to me.
    You know those new crazed browser games that are all AUTO'S launching in their mass's!? you can't tell me they are worth playing? there's no way they can be categorized as a game. Swordsman unfortunately has this embedded into it, this just makes it not a real game.
    Another thing that got me was seeing loads of players all going along the same paths all set on auto..stupid!

If gaming thinks we need auto bots, the world thinks we need chairs to run around the shops in & cars without drivers, The world has no need for human movement. The future Human is a robot!. DAVROS here we come. lol.

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 34

i don't mind the auto quest, getting lost isnt a good feature to me, and besides most modern mmo's make it pretty easy to find the things regardless

but the bot you may have a wrong idea about, the purpose on this game for the bot is mostly just to gain materials for crafting and making food/potions and make a little bound spending money selling the green drops (note to make weapons armor/jewelry you also need a rare material from the hard mode of dungeons and some unbound money (40+) from vermin lair/mirage cavern events or 50+ quests, the basic materials are easy to get though)

its not so much for xp and you can't rely on it to get you much xp (however it is one of the best ways to level your companion, your companion can be up to 5 levels higher than you)

you get 200 minutes per day and for me thats enough to let me take a few breaks here and there for meals and maybe to watch a show

also i suggest you guys get a companion that has pick up and sale, they will grab the loot for you and sell it while you afk

i know the maid at 40 has both and the 45 pet fist master as well, im not sure of below 40 pets

the real way you get xp on this game (past level 32) is by grouping up with people and doing the events and instances through out the day or (also guild quest) so in that aspect its better than just a questing mmo with no social interaction

a few pages back i was complaining i was leveling slow and running out of quest and that i couldn't hit 40, that's because i was doing it wrong, you have to group up or your xp will suffer
    Last edited by chris183; 07-17-2014 at 01:46 PM.

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLight View Post
    I'm glad you said easy!
    I only jumped on swordsman waiting for ArcheAge download to pop. I find this "game" just crazy, Sometimes its just not cool to auto you everywhere. I much prefer a game that has you explore the land & progress in a natural way.
    I know I could of gone on a manual short romp, but, I got tied up at the start just following quests I then found myself just clicking and watching with intrigue. It's kind of made me think I could do nothing in this game & still get somewhere, I don't even have to fight just hit my pots, why didn't they just start me at level 30 even end & finish me off in the first place?
    To me the game had no real passion, although the story was funny & good to have. I didn't like the incompleteness with the other language still in the game. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't of minded a little, but every scene was this way.
    The npc's lacked life, they just stood there in massive groups like dummies, if you hit one of the them you could go through them one by one on auto. the npc standing so close you blow him over did nothing. Seemed crap to me.
    You know those new crazed browser games that are all AUTO'S launching in their mass's!? you can't tell me they are worth playing? there's no way they can be categorized as a game. Swordsman unfortunately has this embedded into it, this just makes it not a real game.
    Another thing that got me was seeing loads of players all going along the same paths all set on auto..stupid!

If gaming thinks we need auto bots, the world thinks we need chairs to run around the shops in & cars without drivers, The world has no need for human movement. The future Human is a robot!. DAVROS here we come. lol.
    Nice post. Mostly all PWE games have that auto run feature. To me it breaks immersion. U never stop and help people or maybe get side tracked while running to turn in a quest to do something else etc. Thought about trying this game but from what I hear its basically a cookie cutter mmorpg with kung fu elements. Maybe it has some depth I don't know but I don't see it being around longer than a couple years. That for me makes it a bad investment.

In an MMO, I like the idea of outgearing other players, and stomping the [filtered] out of them
    avo420x

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617