Swordsman Online Open Beta 1st July (3rd July)

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 29

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    Sounds horrible. Tell me more.
    The game is tab targetting disguised as free aim action. When you use the 'action mode', you still select targets when you highlight them with a crosshair. Basic single target attacks don't hit your target if there is an enemy standing closer to you than your crosshair-selected one.

Overall I'm surprised that so many people on Onrpg like this game, I've been reading reviews about how stale it is and quite frankly I agree with them.

Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 35

Its one of those games where if you put in a hour or two its pretty boring and simplistic. This is what reviewers generally do. It kinda reminds me of C9 in that aspect. But as you unlock more and more content,skills, utilities and instances. You begin to see its potential. And that its probably one of the better games on the F2P MMO market.

Especially, as its close to Archlord2 release. Swordsman beats it out of the water imho. The game is still in full development in China and successfully so. So more content to be expected. Also I really like the level cap in this game, its something that will probably take months to reach.(89) Oldskool, unlike in modern MMO's where you reach levelcap in a few days... lmao.

Still, if you're not to much into pvp. This might not be your cup of thea. Although..the dungeons , instances and events I've done were generally pretty well made and challenging. With appropriate rewards for your efforts. That being said certain details I also dont like. But there isnt a perfect game, there never will be. Cant wait of Tuesday, since I bought early access. Also there will be a EU server in OBT! I had 16ms latency on it in Alpha. I wonder if its located in Amsterdam?
    Last edited by Beatrix23; 06-28-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 28

Quote Originally Posted by SonicCebalo View Post
    The game is tab targetting disguised as free aim action. When you use the 'action mode', you still select targets when you highlight them with a crosshair. Basic single target attacks don't hit your target if there is an enemy standing closer to you than your crosshair-selected one.

Overall I'm surprised that so many people on Onrpg like this game, I've been reading reviews about how stale it is and quite frankly I agree with them.
    Regardless of how it controls, the game is quite "action-y". Projectiles exist as actually objects that have to make contact with your hitbox to do damage and will straight up whiff on fast moving opponents if you rely on tracking alone, every attack can be blocked or dodged, you can burn meter to cancel animations, et cetera.

I'm honestly surprised at how many people dislike the game. It's almost like we tried entirely different games. I see people calling the combat simplistic or the game bland while my experience consisted of weaving my way through tong shots, trying to figure out which direction to block that sun and moon crossup, or trying to time my dodge to avoid the zephyr throw because **** can they do a lot of damage off of it.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

So is this free aim, action game or tab target?
    Quote Originally Posted by seronx View Post
    All three kind of.
    Sounds horrible. Tell me more.

So...it's combat is kind of like GW2? Because to be honest, I [don'tknowhowto"strike"]frickken hated[/don'tknowhowto"strike"] wasn't very fond of GW2's combat.

It's like, there was hitboxes, and if a projectile missed the hitbox, it missed. You could kind of manually aim in the direction you wanted to attack, but not really? And there was no crosshair, and you still kind of "lock on" to enemies without having to aim straight at them, and you still kind of hit them with attacks. It also makes it more difficult and annoying when you're trying to hit another enemy that's behind an enemy, although that makes sense...it's just not what I'm used to?

It's like instead of just giving straight, manual aim, or just tab-targetting, they tried to combine the two and make them meet each other half-way, but ended up half-assing it.
    I liked it more when I was Samus'es girdle.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 29

Quote Originally Posted by neomazoku View Post
    Regardless of how it controls, the game is quite "action-y". Projectiles exist as actually objects that have to make contact with your hitbox to do damage and will straight up whiff on fast moving opponents if you rely on tracking alone, every attack can be blocked or dodged, you can burn meter to cancel animations, et cetera.

I'm honestly surprised at how many people dislike the game. It's almost like we tried entirely different games. I see people calling the combat simplistic or the game bland while my experience consisted of weaving my way through tong shots, trying to figure out which direction to block that sun and moon crossup, or trying to time my dodge to avoid the zephyr throw because **** can they do a lot of damage off of it.
    Personally I believe that being unable to move and attack at the same time automatically disqualifies from it being classified as 'action-y'. It certainly does try to be, as you have shown, but in the end result you get a clunky feel when you're expecting something more flowing like Tera.

This is all a big spurge on genre classifications but I would consider swordsman in the same line of combat as AoW. They share everything in the terms that you listed (bar projectiles existing as an object) but I would not consider AoW an action game.

People who want to try this game: stay away from Harmony school, most boring shit ever whose skills consist of - Do damage, Blink and do damage, Aoe + DoT damage, AoE damage, Self-DoT buff which makes the first 20 levels completely ****ing boring. 2nd skill set has more variety but instead is lightning affiliated for some weird reason (1st and 3rd sets are poison).

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 27

Some 5 Venoms skills provide ability to move and attack.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 28

People who want to try this game: stay away from Harmony school, most boring shit ever whose skills consist of - Do damage, Blink and do damage, Aoe + DoT damage, AoE damage, Self-DoT buff which makes the first 20 levels completely ****ing boring. 2nd skill set has more variety but instead is lightning affiliated for some weird reason (1st and 3rd sets are poison).
    Harmony is going to be one of the most popular schools handsdown. They are the only school with an unblockable acupuncture skill, have a bunch of options, and just look cool.

A lot of schools are boring until they get their second set (looking at you 5 venoms and emei). I honestly don't consider it an issue though since 1-20 will take you around 3 hours on a first playthrough and a good amount less than that if you skip the long cutscenes.

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 31

Quote Originally Posted by neomazoku View Post
    Harmony is going to be one of the most popular schools handsdown. They are the only school with an unblockable acupuncture skill, have a bunch of options, and just look cool.

A lot of schools are boring until they get their second set (looking at you 5 venoms and emei). I honestly don't consider it an issue though since 1-20 will take you around 3 hours on a first playthrough and a good amount less than that if you skip the long cutscenes.
    You seem excited.

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 31

This game has me disappointed. I get that it is called swordsman, but it's lack of schools that use fist sets is an instant turn off for me. Seems like monks are going to be the only one to have a fist set, and you still have staff animations with it x.x;

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 31

Quote Originally Posted by yuniuninuniun View Post
    After what PWE did to RaiderZ I will never play another game from them. Also it is really boring, bland, and easy.
    What did they do to RaiderZ? The developers in Korea stopped making content for it and closed the Korean version. There's really nothing they can do after that.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast