Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Swordsman Online Open Beta 1st July (3rd July)

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 206

Looking at some videos, the game seemed meh. After having played it myself, I enjoy it much more than I thought. Certainly fun enough for me to play in my off-time from other mmos.

Very pleasant. <3

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Skarcrow View Post
    i really enjoy the game so far hahah, emei staff so fun when u get the claw form its epic..the normal attack for emei staff claw form hits all targets infront of u just like vindictus etc..
    i think it goes to other school/class also depending on ur form..

for those ppl hating on auto quest system the chinese like to masterbot while playing game so this works out for them ahah..

the combat is clunky because u guys want to move around while hitting the target but this game dont allow that, u either dodge or take hits u cant really kite like gw2 wildstar etc.
    u have to know when to use ur dodge otherwise once stamina run out ure fked..

Excuse me sir but no... the combat is clunky because its slow and unresponsive, I've played quite a LOT of mmorpgs where you couldn't walk while casting skills and they weren't nearly as bad as this one. If people find it clunky there's a reason for it afterall.

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

Maybe your lagging? When i press my skill key it works instantly honestly i cant see what the fuss is all about fair enough you cant run around and use skills but i dont care about that.

It has nice gfx, pvp, flashy skills plenty of drops decent exp rate for fast levelling until your 40 its FUN! yeah its not the best game out there but it is fun none the less.

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by UKFury View Post
    Maybe your lagging? When i press my skill key it works instantly honestly i cant see what the fuss is all about fair enough you cant run around and use skills but i dont care about that.

It has nice gfx, pvp, flashy skills plenty of drops decent exp rate for fast levelling until your 40 its FUN! yeah its not the best game out there but it is fun none the less.
    Im on 30 ms so no I'm not lagging. Maybe you're just used to play shitty mmo's. The only thing that saves this game are the graphics indeed.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Anyone have a guild I can join on Claymore?

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 45

Finally made a character last night and leveled to 40 really quick. Noticed a few things:
    A) many of the guilds from blue dragon are here. Goons, the filthy viets, demigodz, et cetera. Expect to be gangbanged if you killer a ganker or gank someone yourself
    open pvp is very gear oriented. It doesn't completely decide fights. But I've been dropped in single combo by with highly upgraded weapons
    C) people seem to not be grasping the game. I'm currently 25/1 in the arena. I don't know what changed between now and open beta, but many of the people I fought didn't dodge or block anything. Just slowly walk toward me and burn every cooldown

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 24

Quote Originally Posted by cotas View Post
    Im on 30 ms so no I'm not lagging. Maybe you're just used to play shitty mmo's. The only thing that saves this game are the graphics indeed.
    i play with 100ms, lol i dont feel this clunkiness unless i tried to move while using my skills otherwise its fast, like i said it depend on ur class some are slow some are faster, forms also, zephyr the fan is slowest

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by cotas View Post
    Im on 30 ms so no I'm not lagging. Maybe you're just used to play shitty mmo's..
    Ok fair enough, i have played most mmos out there right now including some of the best like i said its a ok game some fun to be had with it, theres deffinetly worse mmos out there thats for sure.

I use the 2 handed sword style it seems fair slick to me no delay inbetween skills, im not sure i know what clunky means....

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 206

Ohhh wow. I just got to 21 and boy does the game change. Skill combos, rock-paper scissors combat mechanics, more than four skills.
    Hoping there are more surprises in store!

Quote Originally Posted by Elegance View Post
    Ohhh wow. I just got to 21 and boy does the game change. Skill combos, rock-paper scissors combat mechanics, more than four skills.
    Hoping there are more surprises in store!
    you can make your own skill set, i got 3 forms so far using abit of 3
    but it slows down at 40 lving wise but theres alot to do

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 204

I'm going to give it another chance when I am off this week.
    But it is HORRIBLE design to make a game suck until 20+ hours.

ur class have slow start prob, Tong House gunner get really good at 40 lol which is when the game slow down for other classes

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

i made a tong gunner - game got a little bit better got to 33 in a couple of hours.

almost all games aren't fun unless you are max level. I can't think of a game that i didn't have to chug through until i was maxed

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 34

i made a five venoms girl on rapier, gonna check out the game

first f2p mmo since age of wushu went open beta, (white tiger, black tortoise server launch, all that jazz) so its been awhile

this game looks like it could be fun for a little while, i mostly want to try the 1v1 arena if the stats really are equal

of course class balance and match ups is a different story lol

also im not sure five venoms will be suited for 1v1 pvp but maybe ill make it work somehow
    Last edited by chris183; 07-07-2014 at 12:48 PM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 235

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    I'm going to give it another chance when I am off this week.
    But it is HORRIBLE design to make a game suck until 20+ hours.
    It's funny since theres a lot of games that do that actually.

at least leveling to 40 doesn't seem too bad,im already level 30 in a few hours on my five venoms character (the 2nd skillset is very nice for pve currently)

i can try out some pvp tomorrow maybe if i hit 40

i like the game so far, the cutscenes are pretty cool and the graphics look nice,skills are pretty flashy and the auto questing is also nice, after age of wushu im kind of used to it also having the original voice acting is pretty cool and im glad its in the game (i hope it stays that way personally)

is the emei in this game and wushu different somehow, i thought emei was for girls only but not in this version also emei looks OP those long range fist are crazy
    Last edited by chris183; 07-07-2014 at 05:52 PM.

Wand of !!!!!!11!!! Power Reputation: 26

Quote Originally Posted by chris183 View Post
    at least leveling to 40 doesn't seem too bad,im already level 30 in a few hours on my five venoms character (the 2nd skillset is very nice for pve currently)

i can try out some pvp tomorrow maybe if i hit 40

i like the game so far, the cutscenes are pretty cool and the graphics look nice,skills are pretty flashy and the auto questing is also nice, after age of wushu im kind of used to it also having the original voice acting is pretty cool and im glad its in the game (i hope it stays that way personally)

is the emei in this game and wushu different somehow, i thought emei was for girls only but not in this version also emei looks OP those long range fist are crazy
    Emei in this is also consider support but yes the background story is different in this one it doesn't follow Louis cha book and according to somewhere I read that they do accept males as students. Emei Sect I'm not sure how accurate this is but it's according to other wuxia stories.

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Jermatoo View Post
    It's funny since theres a lot of games that do that actually.
    Popular and good are not the same thing.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    Popular and good are not the same thing.
    those are both subjective the latter being even more-so

Emei claw is melee not range but it cleaves all units in front which is good fast pace'ish feel,
    im on Emei 3rd skill set, 3rd one is melee range mix, the spam skill is range while the rest is melee aoe..
    maybe going to change to Harmony or Infinity school after cause all school have a range set i heard idk..
    im on Lash server add me if u gusy are on that server

ign; LiaG

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 26

Quote Originally Posted by chakraflare View Post
    those are both subjective the latter being even more-so
    actually popularity isn't subjective at all if you have the data for it

Quote Originally Posted by Skarcrow View Post
    Emei claw is melee not range but it cleaves all units in front which is good fast pace'ish feel,
    im on Emei 3rd skill set, 3rd one is melee range mix, the spam skill is range while the rest is melee aoe..
    maybe going to change to Harmony or Infinity school after cause all school have a range set i heard idk..
    im on Lash server add me if u gusy are on that server

ign; LiaG
    YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    this video makes me think emei is OP, i hope the guy was just a good player and im just a big noob that doesn't understand what im looking at yet
    Last edited by chris183; 07-08-2014 at 11:03 AM.

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 45

Quote Originally Posted by chris183 View Post
    this video makes me think emei is OP, i hope the guy was just a good player and im just a big noob that doesn't understand what im looking at yet
    Yeah, that Zephyr was really, REALLY bad

I think zephyr or most school can beat Emei in pvp, because u either have to go mix ur stats or full damage without armors or hp
    full dmg other classes just top emei anyway

Wand of !!!!!!11!!! Power Reputation: 26

not really if you can use emei right you can actually do pretty good in 1v1 pvp if you get a good sense of their combo you'll do quite a lot of dmg. Though most emei is support so yea... but with pure dmg they will get pwn hence "if you can use emei right".