World of Tanks Gold for Exp Giveaway

General Manager Reputation: 346

Default World of Tanks Gold for Exp Giveaway

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Wargaming's first mobile project, World of Tanks Blitz, has launched globally on the iOS device. And I'll be honest I'm still a massive novice on knowing when to engage and when to hide in these tank battles. Luckily I snagged some free Gold codes for the PC and XBox 360 editions of World of Tanks, and I'm up for giving them away to 10 lucky people that tell me their favorite tank archetype, and how they use it to change the tide of battle.

You teach me how to play, I get you Gold to boost your gear, and everyone wins. Post below and we'll raffle off the winners on Monday, July 7th! Check back for a PM to see if you win.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Elsword
    History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Heavy Tank!

Its's BIG ,its SLOW ,It kick'ass!

I am no tank expert cuz I am pretty new to the game my self , so far so good I just got my Tiger 1 and I love it.

So the main thing with the heavy tank is to build up pressure to your enemies in area's like city blocks or rock formations , using them as cover etc. The most important thing is to know your weakness! Heavy tanks are slow, but they can dish out pretty good damage and take alot of punishment. Go around corners with a well aimed armor , angle it well so you can bounce off shells, and blast a way at your enemies. Most of the heavy engagements are a slugfest and are a big game of nerves but still its fun. Sniping also works but depending on your gun , Germany seems to have really good and accurate guns, other good nations for heavy tanks IMO are Russia and France.

Get your heap of metal grab a friend and you can domanite together in a platoon as alloys ;')

PS: I play on PC
    Last edited by mk7eam; 07-02-2014 at 07:00 AM.

Light Tank!
    Specifically ALC AMX, which is a tier V french tank, a very small, fast and agile tank witch lets you rome around enemies at high speeds, spot them so you can support your teammates and damage them with your very powerful weapon. My playstile consists in evasive manuvering at high speeds, and drive-by shooting.
    The downside in driving a light tank consists in your low health and weak armor, so your life depends on speed and agility. Also the weakest point is, when your tracks gets blown of, you are a tank waiting for the end.

I have to say I love the light tanks.
    Upgrade your radios and zoom ahead of your team, hiding in cover and bushes and gullies. Marking out enemies on the map for tank hunters and artillery to hit them.
    Sneak around the back of the enemies and capture points and take out the other team's artillery.
    Heaps of fun. Just don't get shot!

Tank Destroyers are the best !
    Just hide in a bush somewhere high and snipe them from afar. Or you can go 1v1 them, just keep your front armor in their faces and all the bullets will bounce off. And you have a lot of penetration!

Well, so far i had a taste from all types of tanks in World of Tanks, and i'm enjoying at least one tank per type. But since no one talked about mediums so far, let's go:
    Medium tanks require some skill to get the proper results from them - you have to learn to maneuver quickly and sometimes to shoot on the move. In general, medium tanks are more agile than heavies, still have some of the mobility of light tanks but most times the armor isn't good.
    So, when you master a good medium tank, then you have an important job: to act as a flanker, annoy enemy heavy tanks (by circling them at close range) and some times spot enemies when no ally light tank is near you. For example, the soviet tier X Object 140 medium tank is a good brawler, specially when attacking enemies with a group of allied mediums. depending of the type of terrain, good medium tank brawlers can hold positions and/or advance with more conviction, if they are used properly!

PS: my WoT experience it's from the PC edition
    Last edited by Scorpion4; 07-06-2014 at 10:39 PM.

General Manager Reputation: 346

Messaging you all in PM. Please let me know if you want an XBox or PC code. We'll try to get them all mailed out by Friday.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Elsword
    History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research