Question regarding WoW.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 48

Default Question regarding WoW.

I don't think I will have enough free time to raid. Would that impact me a lot? dungeons and heroics I think I can do.

I have never played it before and all I hear is how WoW starts at 'endgame'. Is there more to 'endgame' than just raiding? . Sorry for the stupid question.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 233

If you don't have the free time for raiding, then you don't need to worry about the gear you get from raiding. I mean, there's dungeon finder for raids and such too, that focus on smaller parts of the raid dungeon.

The main attraction for me for so long was the PvP, in the form of arena, battlegrounds (Both rated & unrated), and world PvP.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

WoW has been given several options for more casual players. No need for sock pooping anymore!

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

You can do anything in WoW even without time.
    Dungeon Browser while leveling for Normal Dungeons, Dungeon Browser on Maxlevel for Heroic Dungeons.
    Raidbrowser for every max level Raid content (Raid Browser has the exact same Bosses and fights as normal Raid, only easier and a little bit weaker loot).
    With Scenarios and Heroic Scenarios there are even 3man Dungeons which consume even less time then 5man Dungeons.

"more to endgame then just raiding" hmm.. what game has any Endgame besides raiding nowadays?
    Ofc you could do PVP in Battlegrounds,Arena... or do the 1000 Daily Quests everyday.

WoW is very much playable without much time, and if you havent played it before it has a lot to do.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Mili View Post
    You can do anything in WoW even without time.
    Dungeon Browser while leveling for Normal Dungeons, Dungeon Browser on Maxlevel for Heroic Dungeons.
    Raidbrowser for every max level Raid content (Raid Browser has the exact same Bosses and fights as normal Raid, only easier and a little bit weaker loot).
    With Scenarios and Heroic Scenarios there are even 3man Dungeons which consume even less time then 5man Dungeons.

"more to endgame then just raiding" hmm.. what game has any Endgame besides raiding nowadays?
    Ofc you could do PVP in Battlegrounds,Arena... or do the 1000 Daily Quests everyday.

WoW is very much playable without much time, and if you havent played it before it has a lot to do.
    Thanks for the reply. That goes to everyone else too

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 60

Quote Originally Posted by Mili View Post
    Final Fantasy XIV. Especially now that they plan to add sands and oils of time to the Hunt Reward system. You will never have to step into a raid to get unweathered armor. Game only has two real "Raids" (Coil and Crystal Tower. You don't usually run Crystal Tower for the equips anyway, since they're more meant for aesthetic purposes. Crystal tower basically pushes the game's mechanics to the limit on what the devs can do.)
    Last edited by coldReactive; 07-02-2014 at 02:52 PM.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next, FFXV, KH3 Saving For: An Epic Computer

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 211

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    I don't think I will have enough free time to raid. Would that impact me a lot? dungeons and heroics I think I can do.

I have never played it before and all I hear is how WoW starts at 'endgame'. Is there more to 'endgame' than just raiding? . Sorry for the stupid question.
    when i used to play i rarely did raids or dungeons and i did fine. i admit i did a few from raider finder. my toon aint that geared but can take care of her self. i dont play any more though
    You hate me? No worries death to all my enemies forgiveness is over. If you hate me so bad come to my house and we can settle it like men. Am i claiming to be a fighter? Nope but im sick of your shit. You bring your boys ill bring mine i can guarantee some one gonna leave in a body bag. Ill shove this pitch fork up ya ass and have you begging for mercy and none will come. As i roast you over the fire laughing at your burning flesh. Im sick of your shit and your threats lets settle this like men

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    WoW has been given several options for more casual players. No need for sock pooping anymore!
    Never once in my entire life of gaming have I EVER heard someone say or mention pooping into a sock, but thanks for letting us know that about yourself.

Game Journalist Reputation: 75

I started playing again recently during this dead season of MMOs. Let me know if you want to join. I can optionally send you an invite which will give us bonus EXP and ability to summon each other. A friend is starting soon so I will be making a new character with him. I play on Kel'Thuzad, I have summer school so not too much play time these days.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Everything in WoW is so spoonfed, I mean, I personally love the game and play it daily, but everything is so damn easy, you can spend 20 minutes in trade chat and find a normal Siege of Orgrimmar 10-man group easily (current content raid). You can do PVP such as 2v2, 3v3, 5v5, or 10v10 to get honor and conquest for gear as-well. LFR which isn't necessarily the most enjoyable experience is quick and painless to get a bit of gear considering personal loot is assigned, heroic dungeons are a joke at the moment. When you hit 90 you can go to the timeless isle and get a full 496 ilvl set of gear, so yes ultimately if you don't have the time or effort to put into end-game raiding, you'll be quite fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast