No girls allowed in Hearthstone E-sports

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 176

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    So..whats the point? Doesn't all sports have different leagues for men and women? and don't most E-sport competitions host male only events? (there are some for women)

EDIT: You don't even post your opinion. You just copy paste the news article.

Yes, all sports have different divisions for men and women, but why? Because of how we are physically built differently, this has NOTHING to do with physical fitness, nor does it have to do with any sort of physical contact. Don't get me wrong, I have no interest in this and it'll just spur up more feminist bullshit, but you have to admit it seems a little random and unnecessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    I love how your name is "Useless", and your avatar says "Canada" in it.
    LOL GET IT?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 246

Quote Originally Posted by Seya View Post
    i got used to it after the third day we played D3 together :P .
    haha atleast i treat you like i treat everyone ! :P
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Rock Man Reputation: 84

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked315 View Post
    feminist bullshit
    Feminism is not bullshit. It's shit emitted from the kawaiiest unicorns. OuO

Anyone who does not identify with feminism is against feminism, and therefore, a bad person.

Also, OuO.
    League of Legends IGN: Ellista

Insert pseudo-philosophical quote here (and don't forget the italics): Be careful of how you misrepresent others, tomorrow or today, for the misrepresentation you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    <link>My animelist: Sailor Moon</link>

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 246

Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    Feminism is not bullshit. It's shit emitted from the kawaiiest unicorns. OuO

Anyone who does not identify with feminism is against feminism, and therefore, a bad person.

Also, OuO.
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Phantom's Freak Reputation: 294

Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    Feminism is not bullshit.

actually yeah, i pretty much agree with this
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

Super Moderator Reputation: 284
    Coloring eggs in the lost city of Atlantis.

Wtf is hearthstone

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 567

Quote Originally Posted by Xenonight2 View Post
    3. discrimination based on sex is illegal in the US.
    And how is making a male only heartstone competition discrimination and no female catholic priests completely fine, in the scope of the law?

You think you really could sue your way in? Gimme a break.

Do you really think a guy could sue some T&A mag into printing his pics on the basis that it's unfair if they only print girls?

All that this sex discrimination thing amounts to in fact is 2 things:
    - Equal standing in front of the law
    - Some stuff in labor law, mainly about hiring and firing.

Everything else:
    No one can force unisex toilets on you...

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked315 View Post
    Yes, all sports have different divisions for men and women, but why? Because of how we are physically built differently, this has NOTHING to do with physical fitness, nor does it have to do with any sort of physical contact. Don't get me wrong, I have no interest in this and it'll just spur up more feminist bullshit, but you have to admit it seems a little random and unnecessary.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erik_Schinegger

This is kinda the idea:
    Guys would win everything, if they could find a way into female sports competition.
    Last edited by Ronin; 07-03-2014 at 07:00 PM.

Stay frosty.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 41

All I have to say is Chess. Enough said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zynosphere View Post
    that works to lmao. we should all make a guild lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Koga View Post
    But then lmao. it will last lmao. about 2 days lmao. just like every other onrpg guild lmao. lmao.

Olpah's Object Reputation: 326

Is it retarded to have female and male split divisions in gaming competitions? Sure.
    I mean, I can't really think of a single reason why you'd have one, and especially not one that looks as arbitrary as the one from that article(I mean, why the hell is SF all guys, while Tekken all girls?).

The only argument I can think of to rationalize the event set-up, would be something like the organizers not wanting uni-sex tournaments due to possible friction between the genders(not wanting a situation where sexual harassment is likely to happen etc.), and then picking what games to assign to which gender based on statistics of popularity of each game in relation to each respective gender.

That being said, it seems like a pretty thoughtless move. Honestly, I'm just kinda nonplussed.
    Is it sexism though? Honestly, can't say. I don't like to throw the term around the way most people seem to do nowadays, and I certainly don't accept the definition used in "academical" feminist "theories", but it's quite possible that this situation is caused by backwards sexist attitudes.
    It could also just be regular stupidity.
    It might very well be that you have a bunch of idiots who really think "e-sports"(another term I hate) becomes more sports-like if you throw in gender divisions.

Seriously though, this entire situation is just stupid. Just make everything uni-sex and be done with it.

The Common Sense United Front
    ZAZAZAZAAAA, DADADADAAAA DAAAA, SHWAMSHWAMSHWAMMMM DUUUU DIIIII DAAAAAAAAAA

Fat Bowser Reputation: 62

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    So..whats the point? Doesn't all sports have different leagues for men and women? and don't most E-sport competitions host male only events? (there are some for women)

EDIT: You don't even post your opinion. You just copy paste the news article.
    Thats because women and men are vastly different physically. A 300 lb American football player would knock a females head clean off her shoulders. It makes sense in physical sports. E-sports arent physical so this is bullshit. No reason to separate it.
    “The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.”

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast