the short story thread

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator Reputation: 284
    Coloring eggs in the lost city of Atlantis.

Your writing would improve with incorporation of swag

Eternal Cowboy Reputation: 649
    Jacksonville Jaguars: 2018 Superbowl Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    Your writing would improve with incorporation of swag
    i think william faulkner said that

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Default A Wonderful Dream

One day, a boy went outside to play and decided he wanted to go exploring. He walked farther than he usually would, past all his familiar surroundings and came across a clearing. Upon reaching the clearing, he noticed that it was filled with small flowers and a girl sitting on top of a mound of upturned earth. She was smiling and in her mouth was a stem of one of the flowers.

The boy, curious as to why she was doing that, asked her about it. Instead of telling him, she grabbed one of the flowers from the ground and handed it to him. Not knowing what to expect, the boy took the stem and tried tasting on the broken end to discover that it had a sour but pleasant taste, similar to grapes. The boy smiled and sat with the girl on the mound and enjoyed talking with her the rest of the evening, while having more of the floral treats.

Time passed quickly and the two had to part ways to return home. Before they left, the girl promised that she would be there the next day and wait for him to come back. The boy agreed and headed home, still amazed by the new friend he had made and the odd, yet wonderful treat she had shared with him.

That night the boy dreamed he was again sitting on that mound of earth with the girl, enjoying more of the flower stems as they watched the clouds go by, just as they did earlier that day. It was a wonderful dream.

The next day, the boy eagerly rushed back to the place the girl was, hoping he'd get to talk to her again. Eager to meet with the girl again to talk and share the flowers he ran back to the area he came across before.

But there was no one there.

He sat upon the mound of earth for a while, till the evening came, waiting for the girl to come back, but she never did. Saddened, the boy leaped off the mound and decided to go home. Before he left, he decided that he would enjoy another flower stem before he went back home. He picked up another one of the stems that he had enjoyed the day before and tasted it, but quickly spat out and threw it on the ground. The flavor of grapes was no more. The flower stem tasted of nothing but dirt and grass.

Confused, the boy tried another only to find that it, too tasted the same. He longed for the taste once more, to see the girl again, but with no explanation for the dissappeance of either he ended up going home. He again went to sleep that night and dreamt of spending time upon that small hill with the girl. It was a wonderful dream.

The next day the boy decided that he would return to that place and wait again for the girl. Maybe she could explain what had happened with her and the flowers the day before. Maybe, something would be different this time around.

It was indeed different.

The entire area had been reduced to nothing but fresh earth. The flowers he'd enjoyed with the girl along with the little hill the sat on were no more. He was alone in an empty field that no longer had any resemblance or trace of what he sought. Crestfallen, the boy decided to return home and never to come back. That night the boy dreamed yet again of the girl and the flowers. He then realized that even though they were gone, the memories would always be with him.

It was a wonderful dream.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis
    Smash Bros 3DS NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366)

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 211

The Rider of Malice

The horseman gos by the name of death. He carry's with him a goblet of Malice and a flock of ravens.Oh to the people as they trembal in fear when he walks. The gates are open wide and death is with him. Behold he says with a mighty force to all mankind yee all shall die.

On a stormy eve a night as dark as deaths hair. The plagues are unleashed and with it many deaths. Behold the rider said. Yee all shall perish.

The harlot rides with the horseman in red velvet clothing and on a red horse with eyes of fire.She says in a mighty voice. To all mankind i shall strike yee down with my sin. Yee shall lust after my image and yee shall die.

A great earthquake shook the world and all islands hid themselves. A great war broke out and much blood was shed. For miles and miles was blood. The crows pick the dead mans bones.

Many fear the coming of Abaddon he shall bring death and hell with him. For the gates of Hades will never close till the final hour on the clock.

Death will bring much pain to some. And pleasure to very few. To the blasphemers and the hypocrites. I look forward to the day of your crucifixion upon broken crosses and as you take your last breath you shall embrace the flames.

From fire he came and in his left hand was a scroll. In the writeings of the scroll was the many evil deeds of mankind that he brought. In his right hand is a set of weights. For the judgment he shall weigh your heart. If yee pure you may get peace but oh to the wicked for there pain will be great. The worm shall gnaw on your flesh. And you shall gnash your teeth. Dont look for forgivness as none will come. No angels no love. Pain.Darkness.The true death. The death of your soul.

Many will bow down but there hearts to stone. They will weep.

The hangman's noose around they throats as they cry tears of blood they shall reap what they sowed.

For all mankind is deceived. And few will enter paradise.

My question to my self will i enter? I doubt it as the wicked will get no taste of peace. Only death.

none of this is from the bible just my imagination running wild like all times dont get offend i am not trying to preach.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

Calling it now. Duby is a Prophet.

Eternal Cowboy Reputation: 649
    Jacksonville Jaguars: 2018 Superbowl Champs

Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    The Rider of Malice

The horseman gos by the name of death. He carry's with him a goblet of Malice and a flock of ravens.Oh to the people as they trembal in fear when he walks. The gates are open wide and death is with him. Behold he says with a mighty force to all mankind yee all shall die.

On a stormy eve a night as dark as deaths hair. The plagues are unleashed and with it many deaths. Behold the rider said. Yee all shall perish.

The harlot rides with the horseman in red velvet clothing and on a red horse with eyes of fire.She says in a mighty voice. To all mankind i shall strike yee down with my sin. Yee shall lust after my image and yee shall die.

A great earthquake shook the world and all islands hid themselves. A great war broke out and much blood was shed. For miles and miles was blood. The crows pick the dead mans bones.

Many fear the coming of Abaddon he shall bring death and hell with him. For the gates of Hades will never close till the final hour on the clock.

Death will bring much pain to some. And pleasure to very few. To the blasphemers and the hypocrites. I look forward to the day of your crucifixion upon broken crosses and as you take your last breath you shall embrace the flames.

From fire he came and in his left hand was a scroll. In the writeings of the scroll was the many evil deeds of mankind that he brought. In his right hand is a set of weights. For the judgment he shall weigh your heart. If yee pure you may get peace but oh to the wicked for there pain will be great. The worm shall gnaw on your flesh. And you shall gnash your teeth. Dont look for forgivness as none will come. No angels no love. Pain.Darkness.The true death. The death of your soul.

Many will bow down but there hearts to stone. They will weep.

The hangman's noose around they throats as they cry tears of blood they shall reap what they sowed.

For all mankind is deceived. And few will enter paradise.

My question to my self will i enter? I doubt it as the wicked will get no taste of peace. Only death.

none of this is from the bible just my imagination running wild like all times dont get offend i am not trying to preach.
    good imagery! it's not really a story though. try writing one where something happens. make yr character do something. face an enemy, solve a mystery, resolve a problem, etc. that would be more fun to read.

also good job with the paragraphs!

Thanks Skald i saw others with they writeing so i tried. now i got the paragraphs right i can continue and its more of a basic poem then any thing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    Calling it now. Duby is a Prophet.
    nope ^^ i just write whats on my mind. Sigh why do i think about death so much ><

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 619

god dammit duby

Currently Playing: Borderlands the pre-sequel

>Screenshot Collection 2013-2014<

Nick is a wanker. Reputation: 582

A short story by Bunzz:
    "I woke up. I took a shit. I went back to sleep. It was 4 in the morning after all."

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    god dammit duby
    what? i warned you guys if it was gonna offend ya dont read it. i dont sugar coat shit i speak my mind

- - - Updated - - -

Nuestra Seņora de la Santa Muerte i ask for your protection.

I ask for your healing.Your guidance and wisdom.

Protect me in this coming battle.

Let me not fear death but embrace it. Protect me from it and guide me up to the skys.

My sweet holy lady of death. Please watch over me.

May you cradle me with your sweet death.

I ask for your care.

Thank you Santa Muerte

Something short

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast