those are the games I played and liked so far :
    GW
    GW2
    Maplestory

those are the games I played and didn't like so far :
    Aura Kingdom
    Tera
    WildStar

So let me start by telling you what I liked about the games I liked.. (gonna ignore GW because although I liked it, if I would play it today I wouldn't continue because it's outdated in some aspects and wouldn't appeal for me today)
    Ok so what I liked in GW2 ? very good graphics, well polished and clean UI, quests don't feel like a chore when they're public events and people can help you, different classes actually feels like different classes and it's doesn't feel like those MMO when you attack there's animation playing and you can imagine a box infront of you and whoever in this box gets hitted, even if it was animation of a skill executed by some warrior class say, you could switch the animation to a mage skill and you wouldn't notice the difference just different animation, hopefully you guys understand what I'm saying ? (it's more action combat than other mmos I guess)
    Maplestory I liked it's graphics aswell for a side scrolling game, the chubby anime like characters and the end game content was fun aswell alot of good drops that you notice a huge damage increase when you wear this end game gear

I also like in games a very detailed art for the items, for example 1 reason why I was turned down from aura kingdom and wildstar for example is that the items you can get a good look at them in your inventory because they look so small and so little effort was put into making the item images, also in wildstar alot of the items looks alike like boots seem to have 1 image for boots (maybe with little differences), same go for the rest of the armor, point is, to me, it looks like no effort was done to make items looks nice (image in inventory) (oh also same goes for image of skills, in wild star they look decent, and in aura kingdom they looked like no effort was put into making them), but thats not the only thing I didnt like about those games, aura kingdom although I like the cell shaded anime like style when I played it, it was too overwhelming, I didn't expect it too much things were on my screen same goes for wildstar it's too overwhelming and too much on your screen ...
    also in wildstar I've been given a guest pass and the only thing I did was questing and they're horribly boring and you just move from 1 quest to another, and I tried 1 adventure and it was boring aswell, from utube videos I've searched the raids looks fun, but if most of the game is those quests that I'm not gonna even bother with this game it was boring ashell...
    also about aurakingdom feels to me like you can't really choose what skills to unlock you just unlock certain skills at certain level which makes you like any other person who chose your class, I know there's this skill tree where you can choose what to unlock (the extra stats skill tree) although it's nice the primary skills seems like you just unlock them at certain level so eventually you have the same skill as every other player who plays the same class..
    about tera.. while the combat is fun the questing is meh... and sometimes the graphics look very impressive sometimes they don't .. for example I took the flying chariot from the starting island ? back to the main city ? and at first I thought dam thats gonna be good seeing the world from this point of view but while I was flying in this chariot all I see was an empty terrain, no trees, no grass, no players, no monsters EMPTY ...

so you can sum up what i like to :
    -good graphics
    -good ui
    -you feel like different from other people by choices you make like choosing skills in your skill tree or spending points on certain attributes/other skill trees in the game
    -skills and item images are very good looking (something that is actually important to me)
    -action combat is welcome
    -good questing is welcome (I say welcome because I know it's a rare thing in MMOs)
    -good end-game (you get items that you actually feel that makes you stronger and you can see a difference)

I don't care if it's F2P/B2P/P2P

I've put my eyes on FFXIV ARR but I'm not certain about it since I never played a FF game + although graphics look nice (not the best but still decent) I dont know if most of the time what I'm gonna do is questing and if they're horrible and boring then in this situation it'll be like wildstar (so I'm uncertain at this point because it's still a P2P so I'll need some good reviews from you guys about it)

also another mmo I've put my eyes on is blade & soul, black desert, bless, monster hunter online, maplestory 2, but I just don't bother with those games since most of them arn't out yet in NA/EU/at all

any suggestions / personal reviews on FFXIV would be welcome

FabianN's Fanatic Reputation: 70

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, and Dragon's Prophet and AION are the only options you have. (Maybe Allods and Neverwinter too.)

FFXIV is extremely PVE Based, and the developers do not want to turn it into a PVP Game one bit. The game mostly forces you to read into its lore for confusing moments. Also, in Patch 2.3, there will be a questline that requires you to read NPC Dialog... (IE: When you accept it, there's no quest tracker for it, and no quest log entry. You have to remember what the quest asks you for.) FFXIV allows you to change classes freely in the open world (During dungeons / instances, you can't. You also can't during combat. This might change in the future.) FFXIV is also target-based, similar to WoW, etc.
    Last edited by coldReactive; 07-05-2014 at 02:56 AM.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EQ Next, FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 10

In regard to ffxiv here's a thread with multi opinion of the game.
    http://www.onrpg.com/boards/threads/...ow-is-the-game

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 48

WoW ticks off everything on your list (essentially).

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by firemonk98 View Post
    WoW ticks off everything on your list (essentially).
    I dont know about wow having nice graphics, although I like cell shaded game, the graphics are very outdated :| and the UI is a mess in my opinion.

and the 2 who recommended me FFXIV:ARR, from the list of things I'm looking in MMO what would you say that FFXIV:ARR have?

Quote Originally Posted by kululu View Post
    I dont know about wow having nice graphics, although I like cell shaded game, the graphics are very outdated :| and the UI is a mess in my opinion.

and the 2 who recommended me FFXIV:ARR, from the list of things I'm looking in MMO what would you say that FFXIV:ARR have?
    The below stuff:
    Code:
    - Good graphics (Note: The game uses FXAA, rather than an optimized SMAA. If you're having trouble with this, you should download a SweetFX Preset. Since SweetFX will force the game to use SMAA. Water reflections will also render behind objects no matter if you have occlusion set to on.)
    - Good UI (Everything is move-able.)
    - Skills, Item Images are very good. (Also, every single equip in the game basically has its own model. Save for belts.)
    - Good questing. (When doing certain story quests, you will be entering certain solo instances that make you FEEL like you're part of the game's story.)
    - Good End-Game. (When you finish the final story quest, "The Ultimate Weapon", you open all the side-story quests like Delivery Moogle (July 8th) and Hildibrand. As well as the continuation into the 7th Astral era such as Leviathan.)
    Speaking of Leviathan. If you've ever played PSO2, and did that water torrent/tunnel instance, Leviathan's will be similar, yet freshly new. (The background also bobs up and down when the entire ship is pushed down to one side by Leviathan.) In all, the developers did an extremely good job at rendering details and everything. FFXIV has no "Skill tree" Choice system. When you gain levels, skills are auto-unlocked, you cannot choose which you get. Also, you can cross-class skills from other classes. (Some Advanced Jobs, will restrict these.) One character can be everything currently. (When "Dark Knight" is added, Yoshida wants to force you to give up "Paladin.")

Some terms you need to know before getting into FFXIV:

Job: Term used to describe advanced classes such as White Mage, Black Mage, Monk, Dragoon, Paladin, Warrior, etc.

Class: Term used to describe base classes such as Gladiator, Conjurer, Arcanist.

Free Company: Term used to describe player-run "Guilds" like other MMORPGs.

Guild: Term used to describe the in-game NPC Factions such as Lancer's Guild, Archer's Guild, etc.

After you complete your level 30 class quest, the appropriate job quest will unlock, but, you cannot do them without certain class combinations:

Code:
        Bard       = 30 Archer      / 15 Pugilist    (<< Support DPS)
        Summoner   = 30 Arcanist    / 15 Thaumaturge (<< DOT DPS Magic)
        Scholar    = 30 Arcanist    / 15 Conjurer    (<< Sustain Heals)
        Dragoon    = 30 Lancer      / 15 Marauder    (<< Burst DPS Melee)
        Black Mage = 30 Thaumaturge / 15 Archer      (<< Burst DPS Magic)
        White Mage = 30 Conjurer    / 15 Arcanist    (<< Burst Heals)
        Monk       = 30 Pugilist    / 15 Lancer      (<< DPS Melee)
        Warrior    = 30 Marauder    / 15 Gladiator   (<< Hard Tank)
        Paladin    = 30 Gladiator   / 15 Conjurer    (<< Easy Tank)
        Ninja      = 30 Rogue       / ?? Unknown     (<< DOT DPS Melee) (Patch 2.4)
    By the time you reach Normal Mode Brayflox's Longstop, you will need to know your class inside and out. Since it's the first "Hard" dungeon of the Normal Modes.
    Last edited by coldReactive; 07-05-2014 at 02:19 PM.

Waiting On: EQ Next, FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    The below stuff:
    Code:
    - Good graphics (Note: The game uses FXAA, rather than an optimized SMAA. If you're having trouble with this, you should download a SweetFX Preset. Since SweetFX will force the game to use SMAA. Water reflections will also render behind objects no matter if you have occlusion set to on.)
    - Good UI (Everything is move-able.)
    - Skills, Item Images are very good. (Also, every single equip in the game basically has its own model. Save for belts.)
    - Good questing. (When doing certain story quests, you will be entering certain solo instances that make you FEEL like you're part of the game's story.)
    - Good End-Game. (When you finish the final story quest, "The Ultimate Weapon", you open all the side-story quests like Delivery Moogle (July 8th) and Hildibrand. As well as the continuation into the 7th Astral era such as Leviathan.)
    Speaking of Leviathan. If you've ever played PSO2, and did that water torrent/tunnel instance, Leviathan's will be similar, yet freshly new. (The background also bobs up and down when the entire ship is pushed down to one side by Leviathan.) In all, the developers did an extremely good job at rendering details and everything. FFXIV has no "Skill tree" Choice system. When you gain levels, skills are auto-unlocked, you cannot choose which you get. Also, you can cross-class skills from other classes. (Some Advanced Jobs, will restrict these.) One character can be everything currently. (When "Dark Knight" is added, Yoshida wants to force you to give up "Paladin.")

Some terms you need to know before getting into FFXIV:

Job: Term used to describe advanced classes such as White Mage, Black Mage, Monk, Dragoon, Paladin, Warrior, etc.

Class: Term used to describe base classes such as Gladiator, Conjurer, Arcanist.

Free Company: Term used to describe player-run "Guilds" like other MMORPGs.

Guild: Term used to describe the in-game NPC Factions such as Lancer's Guild, Archer's Guild, etc.

After you complete your level 30 class quest, the appropriate job quest will unlock, but, you cannot do them without certain class combinations:

Code:
        Bard       = 30 Archer      / 15 Pugilist    (<< Support DPS)
        Summoner   = 30 Arcanist    / 15 Thaumaturge (<< DOT DPS Magic)
        Scholar    = 30 Arcanist    / 15 Conjurer    (<< Sustain Heals)
        Dragoon    = 30 Lancer      / 15 Marauder    (<< Burst DPS Melee)
        Black Mage = 30 Thaumaturge / 15 Archer      (<< Burst DPS Magic)
        White Mage = 30 Conjurer    / 15 Arcanist    (<< Burst Heals)
        Monk       = 30 Pugilist    / 15 Lancer      (<< DPS Melee)
        Warrior    = 30 Marauder    / 15 Gladiator   (<< Hard Tank)
        Paladin    = 30 Gladiator   / 15 Conjurer    (<< Easy Tank)
        Ninja      = 30 Rogue       / ?? Unknown     (<< DOT DPS Melee) (Patch 2.4)
    By the time you reach Normal Mode Brayflox's Longstop, you will need to know your class inside and out. Since it's the first "Hard" dungeon of the Normal Modes.
    what about end game

End-Game usually is a tie between: 7th Astral Era (Main Story continuation after Ultima Weapon), Farming Myths/Solderities for i90+ Equips, Hildibrand, Crystal Tower, Coils, Crafting and Gathering (Money Makers), Odin/Behemoth FATEs, Seasonal Events, Beast Tribes, and Relic Weapons. With the Hunt coming on July 8th, it will also be added to that.

The "Side-Story" Questlines such as Hildibrand require the main story to be completed (To "The Ultimate Weapon," which gives you the game's credits.) Depending on your city state, your quests will vary from level 1 to about 20 or so. At level 10, you do your battle class quest to unlock the ability to do other classes and jobs.

In 3.0 Expansion, Free Companies will have access to an airship building system, which requires multiple craft class players to be online at the same time. As well as at least two new classes (Healer / Tank at least.)

if you plan to play FFXIV, I suggest you get used to this site: http://xivdb.com/

Once you get to level 50 on one class, all your other classes of that type (Battle, Craft or Gather) will get a permanent 50% Boost to EXP Gains. Once you finish "The Ultimate Weapon," You get a 50% Boost to EXP Rewarded from FATEs, permanently. One other thing you need to know about FFXIV, is Enmity. Enmity is the "Aggro" System in other MMORPGs. However, unlike other MMORPGs, each player's enmity is shown for the currently selected monster/enemy:

Last edited by coldReactive; 07-06-2014 at 01:10 AM.

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 48

Quote Originally Posted by kululu View Post

Ah, you're one of those people.