Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Aldnoah.Zero

  1. #1
    Game Journalist Reputation: 484

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,689
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Aldnoah.Zero

    The first episode is pretty awesome. The art and animation are superb, the music was fitting, and the story is interesting. It felt like part of a feature film rather than an anime series, with all the detail put into it.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

  2. #2
    Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10
    flippers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    You're right feels like its better than the new transformers movie lol..

  3. #3
    Retired Staff Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Yishun, Singapore
    Posts
    381
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Yeah, the first episode definitely seems promising, let's hope they don't screw it up with a bad ending, =x

  4. #4
    Game Journalist Reputation: 484

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,689
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Episode two was just as awesome as the first. I wish they were a bit longer, though. Waiting a week between the 23-min episodes is torture.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

  5. #5
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    7,983
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    And that's why everyone should do grip strength training.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis, https://www.neonmob.com/@sliphatos
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Fantasy Life, Monster Hunter 4, Splatoon.

  6. #6
    Pipster's Punk Reputation: 83
    M1nGs3N4yuk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    2,489
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    This is getting more interesting than I thought and I normally don't watch mech. I really like Inaho because he isn't a super genius or a total idiot. Smart in a realistic sense is excellent.

  7. #7
    Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 44
    Gurenbanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Saitama, Japan
    Posts
    954
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M1nGs3N4yuk1 View Post
    This is getting more interesting than I thought and I normally don't watch mech. I really like Inaho because he isn't a super genius or a total idiot. Smart in a realistic sense is excellent.
    Really? Because I think the MC is crazily out of reality.

    Like, he's too calm. Even when his friend disintegrated right infront of his eyes.
    "Should've known you'd bring me heartache, almost lovers always do.
    Never gonna change my mind, we can leave it all behind."

    Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness.



    Narcolepsy/Somniphobia.

  8. #8
    Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 92
    Klaime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,134
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    The emotionless MC reminds me of Hiro Yui from the Gundam series. I am really loving this anime

  9. #9
    Pellet Eater Reputation: 31
    Cripstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In a house, in my room.
    Posts
    599
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I'm loving this anime so far, really into the characters and music.
    http://www.gameplank.tv/daeoc
    Come and stop by sometime, I stream just about every genre.

  10. #10
    Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10
    thecoolest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Someone recommended this anime to me, i hope its not over rated. Its on my list to watch later.

  11. #11
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    7,983
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thecoolest View Post
    Someone recommended this anime to me, i hope its not over rated. Its on my list to watch later.
    It's been consistently good every episode.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis, https://www.neonmob.com/@sliphatos
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Fantasy Life, Monster Hunter 4, Splatoon.

  12. #12
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 242
    Phanein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Posts
    1,185
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gurenbanka View Post
    Really? Because I think the MC is crazily out of reality.

    Like, he's too calm. Even when his friend disintegrated right infront of his eyes.
    I thought it was obvious that our MC has a personality disorder of some-kind.

    I really dislike Slaine but he's turning into the fan favorite.

    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

  13. #13
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 93
    darkness35's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,906
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phanein View Post
    I thought it was obvious that our MC has a personality disorder of some-kind.

    I really dislike Slaine but he's turning into the fan favorite.
    It's the reason why I can't get myself to like Inaho. Yeah, he's badass in knowing how to take down all the mechs with a simple training unit, he's too much of the male Mary Sue (can't find the exact term for men). I'm hoping they don't give him the lightning treatment

  14. #14
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 242
    Phanein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Posts
    1,185
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkness35 View Post
    It's the reason why I can't get myself to like Inaho. Yeah, he's badass in knowing how to take down all the mechs with a simple training unit, he's too much of the male Mary Sue (can't find the exact term for men). I'm hoping they don't give him the lightning treatment
    The thing is that Slaine is a walking cliche as well. He would normally be the sad sap MC that grows stronger whenever his friends and his crush are in danger. I'd rather root for the guy who is stoic then the guy that looks like he is about to cry all the time.

    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

  15. #15
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 93
    darkness35's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,906
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phanein View Post
    The thing is that Slaine is a walking cliche as well. He would normally be the sad sap MC that grows stronger whenever his friends and his crush are in danger. I'd rather root for the guy who is stoic then the guy that looks like he is about to cry all the time.
    Yeah well.. he's being slapped around like a ***** anyway. lol

  16. #16
    Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 92
    Klaime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,134
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Is this seriously only 12 episodes?

  17. #17
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 93
    darkness35's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,906
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klaime View Post
    Is this seriously only 12 episodes?
    From what I heard a second season is confirmed.

  18. #18
    Pipster's Punk Reputation: 83
    M1nGs3N4yuk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    2,489
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    What the hell man. When Cruhteo decides to stop hating on Slaine, Saazbaum has to come in and ruin everything. "

  19. #19
    Olpah's Object Reputation: 61
    Urfrid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Netherland
    Posts
    2,773
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I was hoping for Cruhteo to join the princess side too but Saazbaum

  20. #20
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 93
    darkness35's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,906
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    That was the most bullshit ending ever.

  21. #21
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 366
    hian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    JAAAPAAAAAN
    Posts
    2,966
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Liked the series. I don't watch that much anime, but I make a point to watch anything Gen Urobuchi had a hand in, and I usually never regret it.

    Quote Originally Posted by darkness35 View Post
    That was the most bullshit ending ever.
    It's not an ending though, since there is going to be a second season. As a cliffhanger, technically speaking, it's pretty well done.

    Quote Originally Posted by darkness35 View Post
    It's the reason why I can't get myself to like Inaho. Yeah, he's badass in knowing how to take down all the mechs with a simple training unit, he's too much of the male Mary Sue (can't find the exact term for men). I'm hoping they don't give him the lightning treatment
    Except that he isn't.

    His complete emotional disconnect is obviously a conscious choice on part of the author, whether it's a personality disorder or the result of trauma, and that alone sets him apart from most other main-characters in the medium.
    (a breath of fresh air separating him from the angsty heroes, the awkward and panicky heroes, and the happy-go-lucky overpowered eat-a-lot heroes, which are the three tropes that probably are the most abused in Japanese story telling ever.)

    Read up on the definition of Mary Sue again, and come back to me.
    The Common Sense United Front
    ZAZAZAZAAAA, DADADADAAAA DAAAA, SHWAMSHWAMSHWAMMMM DUUUU DIIIII DAAAAAAAAAA

  22. #22
    Ape for Diddy Reputation: 35
    Densetsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    262
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hian View Post
    Liked the series. I don't watch that much anime, but I make a point to watch anything Gen Urobuchi had a hand in, and I usually never regret it.



    It's not an ending though, since there is going to be a second season. As a cliffhanger, technically speaking, it's pretty well done.



    Except that he isn't.

    His complete emotional disconnect is obviously a conscious choice on part of the author, whether it's a personality disorder or the result of trauma, and that alone sets him apart from most other main-characters in the medium.
    (a breath of fresh air separating him from the angsty heroes, the awkward and panicky heroes, and the happy-go-lucky overpowered eat-a-lot heroes, which are the three tropes that probably are the most abused in Japanese story telling ever.)

    Read up on the definition of Mary Sue again, and come back to me.
    Inaho isn't a breath of fresh air or anything new in the medium, he's more like a piss-poor regurgitation of other stoic protagonists like Chirico Cuvie, Sousuke Sagara, etc.

    The base archetype of 'stoic and calculating' is quite literally the only part of his character and it's ****ing pathetic, you said that you don't watch much anime and I definitely believe it. Because Inaho is one of the most shit protagonists I've seen in a while. I'd actually take all of the abused protagonists you listed over Inaho because they usually get actual development instead of a cheap scene here and there just to show the audience "OMG HE'S A HUMAN BEING TOO GUYS"

  23. #23
    Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10
    thecoolest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Princess and inaho died in the last episode, or maybe not ! haha

  24. #24
    Retired Staff Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Yishun, Singapore
    Posts
    381
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    best ending ever, nobody expects that to happen.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •