Best GFX card for 200?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 44

Default Best GFX card for 200?

Basically what the title states. I'm looking to upgrade my PC a bit as I want to start recording/streaming while playing an assortment of games but at the current status, I can't do that without massive lag spikes. Would the GTX 760 be the best fit for 200$? I currently have a GTX 550ti which is decent at best.

A Shrubbery Reputation: 141

Quote Originally Posted by firemonk98 View Post
    Basically what the title states. I'm looking to upgrade my PC a bit as I want to start recording/streaming while playing an assortment of games but at the current status, I can't do that without massive lag spikes. Would the GTX 760 be the best fit for 200$? I currently have a GTX 550ti which is decent at best.
    You'll need to specify what country you're from.
    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

Quote Originally Posted by Phanein View Post
    You'll need to specify what country you're from.
    Would the GTX 760 be the best fit for 200$?

A Shrubbery Reputation: 141

Quote Originally Posted by firemonk98 View Post
    Would the GTX 760 be the best fit for 200$?
    The dollar sign or peso sign ($) is a symbol primarily used to indicate the various peso and dollar units of currency around the world.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dollar_sign

Dollar (often represented by the peso and dollar sign $) is the name of several currencies, including those of Australia, Belize, Brunei, Canada, Hong Kong, Namibia, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan, the United States, and previously Zimbabwe. The U.S. dollar is the official currency of East Timor, Ecuador, El Salvador, Federated States of Micronesia, Marshall Islands, Palau, the Caribbean Netherlands, and for banknotes, Panama. Generally, one dollar is divided into one hundred cents.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dollar
    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 35

Gtx 760 is about $230 and for sure is the best card at that price range. Especially for GAMING. The only other one close to it is Radeon R9 270X but the 760 destroys it when u compare gaming benchmarks.

$229.99 after $20.00 rebate card
    Free Watch Dogs w/ purchase, limited offer

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...D=3938566&SID=
    Last edited by InterCityFirmWhu; 07-07-2014 at 10:09 AM.

Rock Man Reputation: 2

i have a HIS radeon R9 270x iceQ2 turbo boost its in my country now so 180 euro and its stil a very good card
    i can easy play most heavy games with out problems tera online GW2 planetside2 all ad max setting with easy 80 FPS

with alot of players with me it drops to so 47 FPS but stil very good
    for the price and what it can do its a very solid card

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 253

In the 200$ range I'd go with the 660TI it's like 40-50$ cheaper then the 760, while it only has 6% better performance. The 760 also uses more power and gets warmer. Just get a Evga OC version of the 660ti and you'll have a card that's better then the 760.

In all honesty I know hardly anything about computer parts aside from "oh this one is better than this one because these people told me this". I found these 760s that are refurbished on Ebay and I was wondering if one of these would be fine? I've noticed there are different models(?) when it comes to GFX cards like Nvidia, EVGA, etc. even though they're all 760s. Which of these is known to be "better" than the other?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/R-MSI-N760-2...item46221ec9e4

That's the one I'm currently looking at.

Also, what benefit does having higher G contain? (ie: 2G, 3G, or 4G DDR)
    Last edited by firemonk98; 07-09-2014 at 09:56 PM.

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

R9 270x, which has about the same performance as a 760 but $30 cheaper. Its $200 with rebate. Btw $200 for a refurbished 760 is definitely not worth it. If you want an Nvidia card, go with EVGA if you want customer support. The higher the ram on a video card, the higher resolution you can game on without losing performance. 2GB is all you need atm if you're doing 1080p gaming.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 384

If you can cough up 250$ the r9 285 is dropping soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast