The MMO that never was

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    That's more or less Shores of Hazeron.
    One look at its website and I bailed out right away.
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Quote Originally Posted by ASNZern View Post
    One look at its website and I bailed out right away.
    Lol.

/10char
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 8

Well I would love a MMO which would be like any of the Tales of Games !
    (Sadly that Tales of Online was never released outside japan and even got canceled in Japan)

Oh and well most important what barely every mmo forgets is to have MANY different equips even if it is just minor difference ... and make them show !
    you know why Diablo was so awesome ? because everyone looked different plus there was an endless amount of different equipments even if they often varied only little ...

So for me top would be Tales of MMORPG with a style similar to RO that actually has a story you can play .... maybe instance styled so that it is less hard to build into the game and a big open world where you can conquer towns with your guild and so on.

Luigi’s Pizza Reputation: 10

I just want an MMO that never ends
    Dungeons that branch and have more than one path
    Huge open world with a bunch of tiny things to discover
    One server for all players, not a bunch of smaller segregated servers
    PvP zones to section that off, have a bunch of world bosses scattered throughout here
    Heck world bosses everywhere with instanced versions offering a lower droprate
    Tons of crafting, gathering, etc
    Combat similar to Dragon's Dogma but slightly more combo based
    Pay to Play, but you don't have to buy the initial game just expansions, expansions free after a year of release
    Graphics, physics, etc based on modern technology and updated as needed
    I want weather, elements, etc to actually mean something in combat (if you're wet you get fire resistance but are more prone to being shocked, stuff like that)
    Top gear is crafted using materials from various bosses, not just dropped from bosses
    Nice governement system
    Nice housing system
    Lots of armorsets for characters
    Costume slots to replace look of armor
    Fantastic character customization

and more stuff
    Just a friendly reminder to never ever play a game published by PWE(Perfect World Entertainment)

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 21

Oh jeez, where to start...

Diverse class system: which has a huge drop-down list of unique classes to choose from such as for example, a class that specializes in coating their weapon in elemental energy, a class that specializes in time-magic to support your allies by extending durations of buffs on teammates and debuffs on enemies making them very effective with teams with a lot of damage over time abilities or a class that specializes in illusions and deceit, allowing them to turn enemies against each other and suffer damage from being tortured in an illusion. You know, still keeping with the Cleric, Mage, Warrior, Rogue archetypes but really expanding on them so if you want to be a classic mage hurling fireballs then you can but you could also be a time-mage if you wanted to.

Housing System: which is quite extensive and allowing you to spend time and resources to expand your house into a mansion to house trophies from dragons that you have slayed, host events for your friends and guildies or simply to relax and admire the effort that you put into your house. It would be accessible from a low level and items will drop over time which you can use to upgrade your house however the rare pieces would require you to participate in raids/dungeons. Housing items will have a separate stash which they go to which is accessible from within your house with infinite slots so you don't need to worry about flooding your inventory/bank with them. There will also be guild housing which is similar to standard housing but with a guild area.

Economy System: Avoid the classic "vendor-trash" items and ensure that each item that you get as a drop has value to someone, whether it be leather for a tailor, meat for a cook or equipment for an adventurer. This way, you have a choice, you can either use it for your profession or sell it on the auction house to someone who will.

Crafting System: will provide incentive for a player to craft items, ensure that the items obtained through extremely high-level crafting are on par or surpass items from raids/dungeons but make sure they are also quite expensive and difficult to craft to avoid crashing the value. The crafting system will also limit you to focusing on one profession therefore forcing you to trade with other players for goods crafted using another profession.

Character Customization: is pretty straightforward, as extensive and elaborate as possible but limiting the appearance slightly to avoid silly characters which might ruin immersion. Also, it would have a wide variety of races to choose from and each with their own backstory/lore to add depth to the character.

Soundtrack: would be absolutely top-tier using the best industry professionals available, the soundtrack would invoke emotion whether it be excitement before a boss battle or sadness as you witness a quest NPC death.

Quests: would be storylines themselves with unique characters, loot and cutscenes where the final major quest is quite difficult and requires teamwork with other players but has a reward which you can show off to your friends and remind you why you suffered through 3-4 hours of questing to obtain it.

Combat: would involve a degree of skill rather than rolling your face on your keyboard and spamming abilities when they come off cooldown. The skills will have great visuals and sound to make you feel the impact of the blows rather than just determining the damage done by numbers alone. The combat would also ensure that each class has defensive and offensive mechanics at their disposal rather than just one or the other which would allow for a player with enough knowledge to know when the enemy is going to use their highest damaging ability and defend accordingly.

Mount & Pet System: A standard racial mount is available at a low level but rare mounts can be obtained either through item shop or through drops by completing in-game content. Pets would also be obtained through an item-shop however pets which affect combat can only be obtained through in-game content. Pets will start off as a baby and over time can be grown to full size with some upon reaching full size also becoming a functional mount. Eg. A dragon will be slain in a dungeon with a random chance of dropping a baby dragon which will be grown by feeding it and adventuring with it until it reaches full size upon which you can soar through the skies on the dragon which you raised from birth.

Achievements and Collectables: Achievements will award you with titles which you can equip and collectables can be displayed in your house, eg. Books collected in the world can be placed in your house library allowing visitors to read the lore of the game or statues can be placed as a housing item.

Events: with different types such as Special, Weekly, Daily or Holiday. Special Events occur roughly every 2-3 months which will generally have a special reward such as a limited edition mount/pet or cosmetic items, these are a part of the end-game and therefore require a squad and a relatively end-game character. Weekly events will run every week and will usually be a server-wide event which will involve all the players regardless of level, e.g. a fishing competition, scavenger hunt, etc. which will grant players with tickets which can be used to purchase items in the Event Store however high-tier prizes will require participation in a number of weekly events to have enough tickets. Daily events will run every day and will be based on player level and assign a random mob from the pool of mobs with x amount that you need to kill, these generally have lackluster rewards however the gold and experience would be worth the time. Finally, Holiday events are the typical easter, halloween, christmas events which will change from year to year and provide festive cosmetics, mounts and pets for all who participate, these events will be similar to weekly events whereby all players regardless of level can participate in the events.

Updates: which would not just be bug-fixes but rather introduce new content preferably each week which could be something as simple as a few new dungeons or even entirely new races, classes and expansive quest-lines in the form of expansions which are free to download. An example of what i'm talking about would be Path of Exile which releases a new skill every week and every 3-4 months releases a new expansion.

There's a few other things but i think i addressed the main ones above, i look forward to reading the other posts

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Open World C9 with any other publisher than Webzen.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Guild Wars 2 has everything I want. I only wish they'd push the eSports scene instead of restricting streaming and withholding their private arenas for a year.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

Quote Originally Posted by yuniuninuniun View Post
    I just want an MMO that never ends
    Dungeons that branch and have more than one path
    Huge open world with a bunch of tiny things to discover
    One server for all players, not a bunch of smaller segregated servers
    PvP zones to section that off, have a bunch of world bosses scattered throughout here
    Heck world bosses everywhere with instanced versions offering a lower droprate
    Tons of crafting, gathering, etc
    Combat similar to Dragon's Dogma but slightly more combo based
    Pay to Play, but you don't have to buy the initial game just expansions, expansions free after a year of release
    Graphics, physics, etc based on modern technology and updated as needed
    I want weather, elements, etc to actually mean something in combat (if you're wet you get fire resistance but are more prone to being shocked, stuff like that)
    Top gear is crafted using materials from various bosses, not just dropped from bosses
    Nice governement system
    Nice housing system
    Lots of armorsets for characters
    Costume slots to replace look of armor
    Fantastic character customization

and more stuff
    Mostly GW2 right there... Except some stuff like Government ...
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    I may be paranoid and a bit jaded but I automatically assume you're here to steal ideas.
    Considering producing half the ideas in this thread would cost hundreds of thousands of man hours, millions upon millions of dollars, and a lot of really smart people... I don't think anyone would care if their idea got stolen as long as they get to play the end product.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12