Yeodan's Browser Text MORPG

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Yeodan's Browser Text MORPG

Intro

http://textrpg.besaba.com

That's the link to my game, I feel it should be at the top of my post.
    There's exactly NOTHING to see at this time (7th July 2014) but in fear of not being able to edit this post I'll just post it here anyways.
    The only thing that currently (should) work is the register and login system. Except for e-mail validation.
    Feel free to give them a test and let me know if you find a way to break it so I can fix that!
    Check for further replies of me for game updates!

What?

I'm currently working on a brower text based multiplayer online role playing game.
    The purpose is to create a real role playing game where your actions have real effects on the game world.
    I'd also like to create a strong story line that will end at some point. With the option of creating new stories to keep the game going.
    For the die-hard gamers there will be plenty of PvP, removed from the PvE world to keep the casual gamers safe.

There's a lot of work to be done, but I find myself lacking motivation if I have no one to share things with.

The basic combat system is ready, but needs a lot of work, implementing character attributes, creating skill trees, ...

I haven't started working on the questing system yet, but it's the next thing on my to-do list.
    I'll also have to implement items for the questing system to work.

Once combat and quests work, I'll upload what I have made so far and let you guys know the game is ready for the very first alpha tests.
    I'm guessing and hoping this will be in a few days, but I'm not sure how long it will take, it all depends on motivation!

The website has no layout at all at the moment, since that is currently not one of my priorities. I will work on it in the future though, but I'd rather create some content first.

I'm mostly making this post to look for the very first few players of my game.
    I'd also love any related and positive advice and feedback.
    If there are any questions, feel free to ask them!

Here are some questions I have for players interested in the type of game I'd like to create.
    a) What are you looking for in a text based MORPG? How should I add those things to my game?
    b) What were some of the biggest disappointments in other games like this?
    c) How many hours a day/week/month would you play?
    d) Do you prefer PvE or PvP?
    e) What are your feelings on buying in-game things with real life money?
    f) Would you ever spent any real money on a game like this? When? Why?

To-do List:
    • create questing system
    • create non-combat items
    • finish combat system
    • create map
    • create combat-items and update combat system
    • create site layout
    • create story line
    Last edited by Yeodan; 07-07-2014 at 04:09 PM.