Mabinogi Question

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Mabinogi Question

    I've got some question about Mabinogi. The game looks fun, but I don't know anything about it at the moment.

    Is it crafting based?

    What are rebirths, and how do they work?

    How hard is the game?

    Would it be hard to start playing right now?

  2. #2
    Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10
    vaaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    228
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I will try and help you as much as possible. Mabinogi is a very different mmo then your prob use to, It is fun i will admit that. Myself, I have played it on and off for 4 1/2 years now, and it always seems to be the one i go back to. So i will try and answer all your questions to the best of my ability.

    Is it crafting based?

    No, Mabinogi has one of the best crafting systems i have ever seen in a game. The thing about it is, It doesent limit the crafting classes to only crafting you can run around with any class and do quests and such. Even killing mobs and stuff really depends on how good you are at the game and not just skill spamming.

    What are Rebirths, and how do they work?

    Rebirths work in several ways. It has changed so much over time but now you can rebirth daily if your total level is under 1000 (Which is along way for a new player) In a rebirth you can reset your char. age, level, appearance, and Class. There are many buttons on the UI that will allow you to do this (Login screen, In-Game under your character panel). The best part about the rebirths is when you rebirth no matter what you decide to reset you keep all items, equipment, and skills.

    How hard is the Game?

    Depends on what you think is hard. In my opinion, I found the Saga which is the main story to be the hardest part, but, the hardest thing for some people is the combat. It is very different, you have to time everything and make sure you watch you enemy. it is the best part about the game, because if you know what your doing, you can beat monsters no matter what level you are. Just have to do it right.

    Would it be hard to start playing right now?

    Not at all! I'm pretty sure right now would be a really good time to start because they just added in all of the new features and stuff for new players. I will give you a hint, do all of the tutorials and read the tip boxes that popup carefully.

    If you want a really god MMO but don't care about the graphics, Mabinogi is the one for you. and if you need and help I will be more then happy to help you.

    Server: Mari
    IGN: Vaaron

  3. #3
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vaaron View Post
    I will try and help you as much as possible. Mabinogi is a very different mmo then your prob use to, It is fun i will admit that. Myself, I have played it on and off for 4 1/2 years now, and it always seems to be the one i go back to. So i will try and answer all your questions to the best of my ability.

    Is it crafting based?

    No, Mabinogi has one of the best crafting systems i have ever seen in a game. The thing about it is, It doesent limit the crafting classes to only crafting you can run around with any class and do quests and such. Even killing mobs and stuff really depends on how good you are at the game and not just skill spamming.

    What are Rebirths, and how do they work?

    Rebirths work in several ways. It has changed so much over time but now you can rebirth daily if your total level is under 1000 (Which is along way for a new player) In a rebirth you can reset your char. age, level, appearance, and Class. There are many buttons on the UI that will allow you to do this (Login screen, In-Game under your character panel). The best part about the rebirths is when you rebirth no matter what you decide to reset you keep all items, equipment, and skills.

    How hard is the Game?

    Depends on what you think is hard. In my opinion, I found the Saga which is the main story to be the hardest part, but, the hardest thing for some people is the combat. It is very different, you have to time everything and make sure you watch you enemy. it is the best part about the game, because if you know what your doing, you can beat monsters no matter what level you are. Just have to do it right.

    Would it be hard to start playing right now?

    Not at all! I'm pretty sure right now would be a really good time to start because they just added in all of the new features and stuff for new players. I will give you a hint, do all of the tutorials and read the tip boxes that popup carefully.

    If you want a really god MMO but don't care about the graphics, Mabinogi is the one for you. and if you need and help I will be more then happy to help you.

    Server: Mari
    IGN: Vaaron
    The graphics seem like Fiesta, and I had loads of fun with that, so that's not at all a problem for me. My only problem so far, is that it's hosted by Nexon, who don't have too good of rep.

  4. #4
    Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10
    Ranu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    129
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Nexon gives a lot of attention to this game, even with all the bugs that need fixing. The only problem you might have is server lag, memory leakage, and possibly frame lag if your processor is terrible. I've played this MMORPG for years and can tell you that it's still worth playing. The only problem right now is that people feel the game has been made too easy. The rebirth system was revamped to free weekly rebirths and all cosmetic changes cost pon. Character cards can still be bought, but only for making new characters. What Vaaron said is mostly true about Mabi, so I don't feel like there's anything to explain.

    FYI: The forums aren't a very friendly area to go to sometimes. People like to criticize anything there. =.=; If you need help on certain things and nobody is online, there's an extensive wiki with just about every bit of info you need. Be warned: It contains storyline spoilers, so be careful when browsing.

  5. #5
    Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 36
    supe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    ░░░░░░░░░░░ SexAppeal: Over 9000
    Posts
    1,809
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Am i the only person who played this game just for music making and roleplay? o.o

  6. #6
    42 Reputation: 35
    couponfork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    932
    Rep Power
    8

    Default mabi

    Is it crafting based?

    There are certainly many options for crafting/gathering for you to pick. I'm not entirely certain how profitable it is however.

    What are rebirths, and how do they work?

    Rebirth are now free weekly so long you are under 1000. Basically when you rebirth you go back to (level 1 I believe), you can go back in age, keep all the skills you've currently raised and also select a new talent or select your current one. I'm pretty positive each talent gives bonuses to specific skill xp.

    How hard is the game?

    I recently started over fresh after a hiatus from Mabinogi and I didn't find it that difficult, learning which skills to raise can be a bit difficult but there are guides and lots of people in game willing to answer questions/help.


    Would it be hard to start playing right now?

    In my opinion not at all, I constantly have players willing to help me out on quests and for skill building. I think you'd be just fine starting now and I hope you do start and enjoy yourself
    Currently Playing: Emil Chronicle
    Let me know if you wanna play too!

  7. #7
    Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10
    vaaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    228
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    As Ranu said, This is Nexon's baby, Yes they do have Maplestory but honestly its fun but the community kills it. If you need any help and make a char on Mari Im in Ethereal, one of the oldest guilds in mabinogi and everyone helps out. just let me know when you do.

  8. #8
    Heads or Tails Reputation: 24
    Vrykodlak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Yggdrasil.
    Posts
    342
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supe View Post
    Am i the only person who played this game just for music making and roleplay? o.o
    Nope. Also, Gairech Hills theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticzero View Post
    what is an indie game a game from indien?

  9. #9
    Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 11
    BubbleTea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    287
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I'm thinking of picking this up as well.

    Branching off of op's questions..

    How are instances in this game? Are they done often? Do most people solo them? I'm looking into the Bard class right now (love'em in general) and I was wondering if a Bard would be a "wise choice".


    Playing || Nothing atm. :c

  10. #10
    Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10
    Ranu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    129
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BubbleTea View Post
    I'm thinking of picking this up as well.

    Branching off of op's questions..

    How are instances in this game? Are they done often? Do most people solo them? I'm looking into the Bard class right now (love'em in general) and I was wondering if a Bard would be a "wise choice".
    I honestly wouldn't recommend bard to anyone starting fresh due to low time limits on early ranks. Most of the skills are only obtained via quests and require a lot of instrument playing to get to quite a few. Although the buffs are nice and lullaby works wonders with monsters at times, there's only one musical attack skill called discord, which you get once you equip an instrument along with instrument playing. It causes slowness and poison-like damage to monsters. There are many other options to choose from, but bard is more like a branch support instead of a stand-alone main type. If you want to support parties into dungeons, then it's a good choice. For combat and carrying parties or dungeoning alone, it's not that efficient. I hope this info helped.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •