Thread: Dragon Slayer Trailer! :D

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 28

Default Dragon Slayer Trailer! :D

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Hey guys, what do you think about this upcoming game by X-Legend? They’re the makers of Aura Kingdom, btw.

According to MMOCulture (and X-Legend) you'll be able to capture and mount over 200 different types of creatures. There'll be a popori that everyone gets that has its own class system..
    Last edited by Xaenex; 07-08-2014 at 02:28 AM.

やめてください! Reputation: 296

It's a dev group with a lot of potential but all of their games feel the same, look the same, are grindy as heck, and usually land with Aeria Games which means cash shop events 24/7/365.

AeriaGames doesn't make money when money is spent in the cash shop, only when people buy Aeria Points

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    It's a dev group with a lot of potential but all of their games feel the same, look the same, are grindy as heck, and usually land with Aeria Games which means cash shop events 24/7/365.

Spyro’s Burning Cough Reputation: 32

Some of those look similar to monsters from monster hunter

I think I saw a plesioth in there and a nargacuga!

Roon's Rogue Reputation: 117

Quote Originally Posted by Xaenex View Post
    AeriaGames doesn't make money when money is spent in the cash shop, only when people buy Aeria Points
    Which you need to buy cash shop stuff :V The free offers are stupid, and worthless.

Only plays Magic DPS Classes, Healers and Machinist/Engineers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Balmung)
    Waiting On: FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior, RE:FFVII · Saving For: New Computer

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 26

What exactly is so bad about cash shop events? Theres far worse things a publisher could do than encourage players to spend money.

Also, while grindy, X-legend is the king of polished anime mmo's. Most anime mmos are grindy anyway so you may as well play a quality grinder.

Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

that's just about the most stupid thing i've heard.

if you're referring to 'free offers', yeah they get money from those too. how do you think stuff like prizerebel etc. work that requires you to sign hundreds of offers to earn a buck?

Quote Originally Posted by imported_JoshuaBojangles View Post
    What exactly is so bad about cash shop events? Theres far worse things a publisher could do than encourage players to spend money.

Also, while grindy, X-legend is the king of polished anime mmo's. Most anime mmos are grindy anyway so you may as well play a quality grinder.
    Indeed. Kitsu Saga was an amazing MMORPG they made. The only thing I didn't like about it was the in-game bot system. While Aura Kingdom is okay, it could use a lot more polish.

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

Please not aeria games -.-

Quote Originally Posted by flippers View Post
    Please not aeria games -.-
    I'd Take Perfect World, WarpPortal, gpotato and ogplanet over AGE.

Perfect World, ogPlanet, and gPotato, none of them have cust**** support/support staff that interacts with their games' community. Webzen was horrible, bought out gPotato and made gPotato's support way worse than what it used to be (which I didn't think was possible. The same sentiment with PWE, they have zero support for their games. ogPlanet, the same token.

The one thing I can say about AGE is that their GMs and their Game Sages are really interactive with the game's community, at least for the first six months. I can't say that they're at all effective at ridding bots from their games, but they do take steps to combating them. I'm speaking from the perspective of having over three months of contact with AGE's staff and getting to know their support system really well.

I can't say that I'll ever step foot back into Aura Kingdom on a level of playing it on a dedicated basis, unless they opened a new server, but hey, the game itself is pretty good.

When I say that Aeria makes money when the points are bought, you can use their points of any of the games published by them. The devs get the money spent in the cash shop and AGE gets their cut the money when points are bought. They're one of the only publishers nowadays that acts as a true support team/portal for the games they publish (though they don't do any development programming-wise).

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 44

Perfect World, ogPlanet, and gPotato, none of them have cust**** support/support staff that interacts with their games' community.
    Uh.. I play LaTale off and on and frequent the forums, the staff is often interacts with the community.

Quote Originally Posted by couponfork View Post
    Uh.. I play LaTale off and on and frequent the forums, the staff is often interacts with the community.
    Yeah, they definitely do. I've had one GM / admin respond to a reply/thread of mine at least. It was actually helpful too.

I'm speaking publisher as a whole, my experience with other OGPlanet games over the years has been contrary.

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 204

My only problem is when cash shop development is prioritized over actually updating the game.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 29

They are amazing at releasing games on a yearly basis i'll give x-legend that.

Hopefully Aeria or even Koram don't get it lol.

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 44

I'm speaking publisher as a whole, my experience with other OGPlanet games over the years has been contrary.
    Ah ok, only game from OGPlanet I've ever played that I can recall was LaTale and the staff has always been active in the community.

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 26

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    My only problem is when cash shop development is prioritized over actually updating the game.
    You also can't put the blame 100% on AGE like people like to do. They can only provide the updates that the devs provide for the most part.

You also can't put the blame 100% on AGE like people like to do. They can only provide the updates that the devs provide for the most part.
    Not for the most part, that comment is 100% accurate. They have a very complicated system when updating any of the games they publish.

Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 106

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    I'd say this is mostly my problem too, though cash shop events also tend to result in less interesting in-game events. Aeria's focus on their cash shops also tends to be oddly obsessive in general since, with few exceptions, the moment a game stops raking in decent amounts of money they simply shut the thing down rather than trying to tweak non-cash shop elements (as opposed to, say, Perfect World, who tend to also focus heavily upon their cash shops but almost never shut games down even long after they have stopped bringing in much, if any, money).

As far as this particular game goes, I'd say Aura Kingdom thoroughly crushed any excitement left in me for X-Legends games. It's a shame since all of their games are pretty solid, but it seems like they're going backwards as with every new game they seem to have fewer classes, fewer skills per class, blander pet systems, and easier dungeons (and easier combat in general; Grand Fantasia isn't exactly a hard game, but it's at least a bit more challenging outside of dungeons than Eden Eternal and leagues above Aura Kingdom where death is virtually impossible while playing normally). It's to the point where I have to wonder if they will eventually just make a game where everyone is a single class with a single skill which kills every normal enemy in the zone when used and your pets are simply inanimate rocks which boost experience gain.

Hoshigami Reputation: 427

This game, from what cinder's article about it, sounds like an anime version of Monster Hunter with some cool features. Im looking forward to trying it out.
    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.

"Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 139

The only thing that impresses me about X-Legend is how they can dish out new MMORPGs so fast that all even have a high population.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 317

And what do you use to buy AP? (And no. The AP offers can't be used on their tiered events.)

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 18

Well, new x-legend game but this time, from the last video, i notice something different, dodge and action combat?

This is interesting if is in a semi open world format like Raiderz and not something like Dragon Nest, full instanced browser brawler.

Cross fingers for an open world action mmo.
    Last edited by KdChan; 07-11-2014 at 07:03 AM.
    Want to play
    Peria Chronicles | LiF: MMO | Crowfall | Darkfall: New Dawn